YOUR Opinion: Biggest golf fashion faux pas?

This is the only thing wearing a hat incorrectly will get you.....and yes, i agree with he trainers, the course is no place for them, t-shirts, sandals, or crew socks with shorts. I can forgive the club covers because i really don't want to hear your bag chatter while you are walking and i am trying to hit mine.....

Attachments

• baseballcap.jpg
    baseballcap.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
This is the only thing wearing a hat incorrectly will get you.....and yes, i agree with he trainers, the course is no place for them, t-shirts, sandals, or crew socks with shorts. I can forgive the club covers because i really don't want to hear your bag chatter while you are walking and i am trying to hit mine.....

What do you mean by trainers? With the Puma ignites being trainer like or Adidas having basically all their shoes being trainer style?

I mean it's hard to argue with sandals.

Rope hats...who thought that was a good idea to resurrect.

708a8b8fe4349d151effb8e3be33bb09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm going to say an untucked shirt. If the shirt is the right length I guess I'll allow it but if its too long than thats just silly

I'm going with the towel hooked onto the belt loop. I understand it falls more in the accessory, not fashion but still. Awful

non-collared golf shirts (mock, whatever their new trend is, etc).

golf sandals are a very, very close second (and only in second because 99% of people I golf around are smart enough to not own them lmao)

Add me to the group of people against golf sandals. Probably would be rare, but if you're playing with me wearing those and get stabbed in the toe by a sharp branch while walking, you're going to hear a remark from me about wearing those things!

the dude that comes onto the driving range with the shined shoes, slacks, belt, tight tucked shirt, hat, and earbuds trying to look like one of the pros while he "works". For that matter, anyone trying to look like the pros. Or, for that matter, the "golf shorts:. Those eyesores should be punishable with ten years in solitary. It is recreation, wear something comfortable, not those awful, ugly shorts/shirts/etc

I'd rock this.... Minus the all black.

I don't mind the shoe style. It's mainly the pants but I also don't think that style shoe matches up well with the pants.

It's a slim, trim younger guy look. If you can pull it off, that's great.

But I'm a middle-aged, non-slim and trim guy so those pants are not for me (maybe to lounge around the house but not for public consumption). I've seen a couple of guys on the course wearing similar pants who looked silly. IMO, these pants are like yoga pants with some women, just because you can find your size doesn't mean you should wear them.

Tough with so many terrible things to choose from. If I'm forced to pick the biggest/worst, I'll go with golf sandals.

Another vote for sandals.

Lmao, I guess we can’t be friends anymore. Hat will go backwards, I love me some colorful crew socks, and at home I play in a UA heat gear T!

Lmao, I guess we can’t be friends anymore. Hat will go backwards, I love me some colorful crew socks, and at home I play in a UA heat gear T!

title said : "YOUR Opinion: Biggest golf fashion faux pas?"

Just because you have differences dos not mean we can't be friends.....I will just wear my hat correctly, wear Shortie sox and spank yo azz...

What do you mean by trainers? With the Puma ignites being trainer like or Adidas having basically all their shoes being trainer style?

Trainers, ankle bitting jogging pants.....OH< and men in capri's....just don't......

+1 for golf sandals if I have to choose something. I do think that flat bill caps on middle aged men and above are a bad look, but I know that some still like them. I really am in the "to each their own" camp for the most part.

Stand up collars (i.e. quarter zip pullover) folded over.

title said : "YOUR Opinion: Biggest golf fashion faux pas?"

Just because you have differences dos not mean we can't be friends.....I will just wear my hat correctly, wear Shortie sox and spank yo azz...

Bahahahaha

Don’t hate!

Love ya Donny!

Somewhere on the list needs to be the bald guy wearing a visor with his tomato-red head shining above it. What exactly is he trying to accomplish with the visor?

I tend to see a lot of that on Yankees who play our course Masters week, first time out in the sun since October and that head will be fried to a crisp by the ninth hole on their first day.

But probably the biggest one in my book are the young men (say teens and 20-21 year olds) who've lately been rocking shorts with the mid-calf black athletic socks. Not too long ago that would be a look you might see in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel down in Bluffton. Now it's the standard golf attire of high schoolers.

I am informed by a high-school-aged young woman of my acquaintance that the long black socks with shorts look definitely "is a thing" nowadays.

i'm not going to bang on someone for working within their budget, but the sandals and cargo shorts are 1A & 1B for me.

Mocks or anything without a collar... unless you are on the range at a low-end muni on a tuesday. Golf sandals - just no.

Somewhere on the list needs to be the bald guy wearing a visor with his tomato-red head shining above it. What exactly is he trying to accomplish with the visor?

I tend to see a lot of that on Yankees who play our course Masters week, first time out in the sun since October and that head will be fried to a crisp by the ninth hole on their first day.

But probably the biggest one in my book are the young men (say teens and 20-21 year olds) who've lately been rocking shorts with the mid-calf black athletic socks. Not too long ago that would be a look you might see in the parking lot of Cracker Barrel down in Bluffton. Now it's the standard golf attire of high schoolers.

I am informed by a high-school-aged young woman of my acquaintance that the long black socks with shorts look definitely "is a thing" nowadays.

It’s been a thing since the 90’s

Back