YOUR Opinion: Biggest golf fashion faux pas?

It’s been a thing since the 90’s

That's never been a thing in my area. Maybe on girls with dresses in the 70's. Even to this day, the male junior golfers are wearing low cut or no show socks at our club and almost I never see long socks out in public. Maybe it's a climate thing?

That's never been a thing in my area. Maybe on girls with dresses in the 70's. Even to this day, the male junior golfers are wearing low cut or no show socks at our club and almost I never see long socks out in public. Maybe it's a climate thing?

Teenage boys have always worn those damn Nike crew socks, it’s like a right of passage apparently, hell even I had them.

Teenage boys have always worn those damn Nike crew socks, it’s like a right of passage apparently, hell even I had them.

I can tell you based on my travels around the country, that about 3/4 of every teenager I encounter on the course, in the airport, in a restaurant, etc has longer socks on.

I can tell you based on my travels around the country, that about 3/4 of every teenager I encounter on the course, in the airport, in a restaurant, etc has longer socks on.

Yup. It’s just a thing.

Jean shorts, with cut off T-shirts...

Or guys with no shirts...

I've seen them both.

With slides. Have to have a pair of slides to pair with your high socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. It’s just a thing.

I think it's a case of confirmation bias for you both. YOU like/wore it, so it's "a thing".

I just searched highschool, PGA Junior League, and college golf team photos and found like 5 out of 500+ with longer socks.

I picked one of OSU, in case longer socks were an OK thing...

5b0f4cd80e493.image.jpg

The poor guy on the right must be embarrassed of his because he pushed them down...

I think it's a case of confirmation bias for you both. YOU like/wore it, so it's "a thing".

I just searched highschool, PGA Junior League, and college golf team photos and found like 5 out of 500+ with longer socks.

I picked one of OSU, in case longer socks were an OK thing...

5b0f4cd80e493.image.jpg

The poor guy on the right must be embarrassed of his because he pushed them down...

Lmao, I don’t coach and teach for a living or anything. Or just walk through stores. Or airports. Or restaurants.

It was always Adidas slides for my generation as well.

Now it's all about the Jordan slides from what I remember seeing at the course.

Correct, Jordan or bust for them now

Correct, Jordan or bust for them now

I feel so out of touch. I've slipped and fallen into a generation gap.

Hahah. Thats funny. I never wore it, never liked it, but pretty par for the course.
Here are just a few quick articles showing the same thing. If you want to believe its not a thing around the country, go for it.

Why is everybody wearing long socks now? Teen Vogue
https://www.teenvogue.com/gallery/how-to-wear-tube-socks

Wear long black socks NY Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/fashion/mens-style/black-socks-shorts-trend.html

Crew Socks are Back
https://www.jclay-socks.com/en/blog/old_school_crew_socks_are_back

Hahah. Thats funny. I never wore it, never liked it, but pretty par for the course.

Am I the pot or the kettle here?

A few people trying to push a fashion trend in "fashion" or sock sellers ads/sites doesn't constitute a thing or trend.

But, you keep doing you!

Already mentioned:
-The Mock
-Iron Headcovers
-Untucked shirts

New:
-Huge Staff bags being used on a cart
-Jorts
-2 Gloves when it isn't raining

Well heck, when I was a teenager (in a previous century) we all wore white cotton crew socks. I must have been out of college some time before I even saw a pair of "low rise" or "no show" socks for sale.

But if I'd have showed up to the neighborhood pickup basketball games wearing crews socks that were black, or any color other than white, the embarrassment would have been extreme. Inconceivable!

White has always been a thing. It's the black that seems generational.

Google Search.
High School Golf Team Photo (I removed ladies pictures and posted the first 7 images).
Yeah, nobody is doing it.

1st photo
slideshow102_4.jpg

2nd photo
2018817143327729_image.jpg

3rd photo
boysgolf2017.jpg

4th photo
bob1%20gold.jpg

5th photo
use-Bulldogs-golf-622x350.jpg

6th photo
Golf-2016_JHSvRummel_Timberlane_09132016_401.jpg

7th photo
teamplaying.jpg

Keep going. Your at less than 10 out of almost 50 kids. Right on track for my 5 out of 500. Math is hard though.

I never said “no one was doing it”. I said, it’s NOT “a thing”. Just because a small percentage of people are doing it doesn’t make it a thing.

But again, you do you!

Gigantic cargo shorts. On or off the course.

Snapshot+2008-05-29+09-38-06.jpg

Google Search.
High School Golf Team Photo (I removed ladies pictures and posted the first 7 images).
Yeah, nobody is doing it.

1st photo
slideshow102_4.jpg

I see so many teenagers running around in town now with long black socks and Nike sandals. I get that they are easy to slip on. But, why the socks? Just why?

I see so many teenagers running around in town now with long black socks and Nike sandals. I get that they are easy to slip on. But, why the socks? Just why?

Its awful man, but we are learning its an optical illusion. Its not a thing : )

I'll add brown shoes with black pants. Don't see it too often, but a decent amount in the fall here. It doesn't work with a suit or on the course.

Welcome, my friend. Hahahahaha

It's not as bad as when I made a Major Payne reference in uniform to a bunch of 18 year olds only to discover they not only had never heard of that movie but also had no idea who the Wayans brothers were.

I'll add brown shoes with black pants. Don't see it too often, but a decent amount in the fall here. It doesn't work with a suit or on the course.

Or any mix of brown and black.

Back