Your Preferred Age

28 met my wife, lived care free, had fun, enjoyed life. Hangovers didn't last 3 days. No old man pains or having to ask for help to get off the floor. Both were in our careers and just had a great time....just L-I-V-I-N!!!

Worth noting. This question is all about remaining at a fixed place physically. Presumably, we all would continue to grow spiritually, emotionally, in knowledge, understanding, relationships, and many other ways. Interestingly, those are the very attributes someone might favor a later age in life.

Based on the above age 24. Physically, I was in top shape. This was before things like ruptured discs, gallstones, and other ailments entered my life.

Mid to late 20’s. No aches and pains and I could go out on the lash without any concern of getting too drunk or worrying about the hangover the following day.

21 was fine with me. Obviously wouldn’t trade my kids for going back to that though.

I turned 40 this year. The last few years have definitely been the best of my life. I had a ton of fun in my 20's, but I could be a pretty lousy human due to overconfidence, pride, and impatience at times. Being a teenager was ok. I had a lot of fun, but the angst, self consciousness, and being forced into a large building with 1600 other teenagers I didn't choose to hang out with every day wasn't that great. Evidence of that is I haven't talked to anyone I went to high school with for over a decade. I talk to friends from college daily. I guess I would choose now. Bonus would be I would be the captain of Team Hackers in The Morgan Cup for eternity!!!

Physically I was in the best shape of my life at 40. I could walk 18 holes in 95 degree weather and not feel worn out at all. Not anymore at 61.

36 years old, I'm going back to 27. That was my peak physically, and as others have mentioned a hangover wasn't a multiple day thing and any kind of sprain/strain was a day to 2 day recovery rather than week to 2 weeks.

Just turned 36 and tweaked my back (again) this afternoon doing squats. If I could physically stay 25 forever, I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

29-30. That was a great time in my life. My whole life has been a great time, but the years around 30 were especially good.

-10 months?:LOL:

I don't think the question has an answer. that I could bench press 285 for a set of 6-8 when I was 28 and now 25 years later I use 60# dumbells I could say is depressing but at the time i did it bench more many other things in my life not as good as now.

Mabye any year where things went well and myself or later my family was happy was the best.

40 sounds good until I think back to that I had an 8-year-old, a 6-year-old, and a newborn at the time, lol. That began the most chaotic decade of my life. :)

If I have to take the lifestyle, income/nest egg, and responsibilities that come with each age, I'll take age 58, which is a little over 2 years in the future. We will be empty nesters and have the freedom to do whatever we want, including a lot of overseas travel and enjoying all the other activities we love. I love that my children are independent and have their own lives and really don't need us for much anymore. My health is still where I can do pretty much anything I like including skiing, golf, boating, water sports, etc. I'm also a bit wiser that I was at age 40 and appreciate life, family, health, and friends more.

Man I loved 27/28 career was moving and I knew what I was doing (better than I did when I started) friends were single/dating, but love 34 for a different reason.

Reading those comments of people setting the stage - I will make sure I enjoy these mid 30s to the fullest.

I want the body I had at 25, the memory I had at 31, and the knowledge I have now.

As I approach 40, I can only guess at how good the future will be (maybe a few more injuries while sleeping?) but mid 30's would seem accurate; career has been solid and I am mature enough to know how to manage time and money. That and I still had my 90 degree boomerang slice in my 20's. it has since gone away after practise and lessons during my early 30's. I want to know that the left side of the course does exist.

I was just discussing this with my wife the other day. For me, the number is either 25 or 31.

I’ve had chronic pain from repetitive stress since I was 26. Strengthening, and better posture, was part of the prescription to deal with the pain. At 31, I had been exercising five days a week for several years. I was in the best shape of my adult life and the chronic pain was mostly absent.

So, are we talking fountain of youth or Groundhog Day? Because we have a little of both in the OP and answers, and it does matter.

Late 20s, maybe like 28. A good bit of energy, a good bit of maturity, a balance of responsibility and having fun.

Can go out for a night and not feel like death for majority of the next day, but also be able to afford a good night out instead of 75c drafts

Feel like that age is a good balance

Back