Your Preferred Age

WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
I saw this on the local news this morning.

Once reached, if technology allowed you to stay at any age for your entire life, what age would you like to stay at?

Just so you know, there was a study done, and the study determined that 36 was the preferred age for both women, and men. .

For me, ages 5-25 although there were some great times, there were also a few things going on I would just as soon forget.

After 40, a few little annoying things started popping up. Still some great memories, but still.....

My preferred age would be 30. At that time in my life everything was going great. Great family, and a great job. I was at the top of my life's journey. No worries. Even raising two teenage girls was a delightful expirience.

So, what say you?

45 1/2. That would cover when I met my now wife. It's not the year of my best golf (that would around 41-42) but I'd trade that for her.

30. I don't remember all the minor aches and pains at 30 that I did at 36.

I think 30 or thereabouts. If I could live my 20s over with the knowledge I have now that would be something else entirely. But I was young and stupid. 30s are pretty solid. Young enough to still do something youthful things, but old enough to truly feel like an adult.

At 31 I feel as good as I ever have, so I’m not sure I have an answer.

AlI I had to worry about when I was 7 was getting home when the street lights came on.

If I could carry some of the little common sense I have right now back to age 18 that's where I would go. Although, i'm the skeptical type about the future of our country/world and fear oppressive things coming our way. Although, I have faith in the after life.

Mid-30s would be a good answer. Teens and twenties I was in the best physical shape of my life, but not much of a drop off in my thirties, and I was probably a lot smarter and more mature. Forties weren't bad either, I wasn't really slowing down much yet, but I'd still have to go with 35 or so.

If I went back to my thirties, do I have to keep working or can I stay retired? I’m the happiest and most content I’ve ever been in my nearly 66 years. I’d gladly keep the aches and pains of old age to stay retired.

Definitely a few more aches as I barrel down on 36, but my mental health is the best it has ever been. For that, I'll say 35 is my golden number.

Late twenties for me. Experienced but still looking for new adventures.

Based on my own experiences, I'd say the best years of my life were between the ages of 45 to 54. I was stupid and broke when I was young, so those years were wasted. I worked too much between 35 and 45. After 45, I was in good physical shape (way better than average), educated by life, my first wife was still alive, and we were active and having fun.

I've remarried, but it isn't the same. Physical limitations are creeping in, but I'm still enjoying life for the most part. But I would certainly like to step into the "Way-Back Machine" to about 20 years ago

Off the cuff for me it's 26.

17, old enough to know, to stupid to care.

Pre injuries, decent income, good physical shape,
Surfing, snowboarding, golf, hiking. still pretty flexible. Could keep up with the late 20's/early 30's crew at most things.
20 years down the road now......

I would say 25 your old enough to rent a car but you are still full of Piss and Vinegar and the world hasn't beaten you down yet hopefully.

Honestly 33 was the magic number. It was when I reached a proficiency professionally. Confidence in my self. Met my wife because of the prior.

I don't feel like it has gone down though. Other than I don't move quite as well.

Assuming I get to keep my life lessons, then give me 21. Why not?! If I have to settle for the trade off between maturity and youth, then I would take 37.

Mid 30s are peak time, IMHO. I'm enjoying now, 50 in a month, but from a physical,mental and $ point of view, mid 30s were pretty good.

Early 20s. My knees didnt grind when I did stairs, my back didnt hurt all the time and I never got tired.

Sure, I was stupid...but i didnt know. :ROFLMAO:
Ignorance is bliss.

35 was a great time. I was in great shape and was one year sober so I was newly alert and energetic.

25 .... my son was born & I was in the best shape of my life. No aches, pains, bad hips, bad back, etc. Just my son & I playing golf every day. (y)

If I get to retain all this wisdom I have acquired I will take 28. That was back when I could drink heavily and barely need an advil the next day.

Now if I have too many beers that are real hoppy I feel like I got hit by a damn bus.

The last kid came at 34 so I can't in good conscious go back earlier than that. With that said though, if I could pick any age, it would probably be like 28, but 34 isn't so bad either.

Back