Your Putter Style (a Poll)

Your Putter Shape

• Blade

Votes: 64 33.2%
  • Mid Mallet (1w, Rossie, Fastback, etc)

Votes: 50 25.9%
  • Mallet (#7, Spider, Futura, etc)

Votes: 79 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Relevant Trivia

Q: What is the #1 selling club of all time?
A: The Odyssey 2-ball putter.

When I was looking to get a new putter a couple years ago just happened to pick up an Evnroll ER5B to try. It is essentially the #7 shape. Had never heard of Evnroll before and it has a milled face and not an insert. My previous putter had an insert. Tried it out and it felt great and I just kept sinking putts with it. Lol and it wasn't a rigged putting surface where everything drops because I tried other putters without the same success. The beauty of google I did some quick research on it in the store and ended up buying it. Love the shape and I like the milled face which I have become used to. So I really like the mallet shape but I suspect the milled face has something to do with how much I like this putter.

Love me some mid mallet action

I love my Ben Hogan BHM01, so mid-mallet/Rossie for me!

Sort of curious about this, and feel free to banter about it..

What style putter to you regularly play?
Mid mallet. I like the greater forgivness that a mid mallet offers and that it isnt as big as some of those ridicules Spyder style putters.
I was a blade guy for years but I dont practice anymore, so now I like something that is a bit more forgiving.

Blade, though on occasion I will try a 1W

I checked "Mallet" because that best describes the putter I'm using at the moment. But I've putted well with more blade-like putters as long as they are face balanced and have a bit of offset. Generally with single or double bend shafts rather than a plumbers neck, etc.

I wish I could find a nice mid-sized mallet, face balanced, single or double bend shaft but NO ALIGNMENT MARKS. That's my unicorn putter. I find alignment marks distracting but the kinds of clubs you can find with no alignment marks tend to also be heel shafted or with substantial toe hang. Sigh.

I based my reply, mid-mallet, based on currently using my Toulon Portland. I also will putt my Ten with Triple Track in the bag on many occasions when my Toulon goes cold.

It's always interesting to look at what polls are actually telling you. For example, looking at the four pages of comments with this poll, it appears the poll is mostly telling us what members of this forum are currently playing as opposed to telling us which is best for most players, or even which shape is preferred.

Prefer mallets. Currently, The Man on the Motorbike...Ping Craz-E for me.

Not a fan of mallets, don't mind a mid but I keep going back to a blade.

I’ve tried ‘em all and “esthetically” I prefer a blade. It’s what I’m using now. I agree that a well balanced mallet is likely easier to get a more consistent and accurate roll with - but, the blade causes me to pay more attention to what I’m doing. I actually remember some years ago Johnny Miller saying players were being sold “a bill of goods with these mallet putters.” Now, Miller was not the Steve Stricker of his day with the putter - but, he apparently didn’t believe in the mallet. AND....I’m noticing recently, a lot of guys experimenting with blades or smaller headed putters. Anyway, the diversity will always be there....and, isn’t that kinda fun? A new “look” will always cause you to pay better attention to what you are attempting to accomplish. I just wish I had 1% of what Mr. Solheim made off of that ANSER style!!!

I prefer a mallet with a slant neck. I have had a lot of success with the #7 head and now the new Ten.

I agree with a lot of what Ten Putt posted. I don't however, see either of these teams as anything close to the caliber of finals champions that we generally see in the Finals. These are good teams and against this year's competition should be in the finals. But the Bucks give up way too many points to the opposition. On that stat alone they are the worst we've seen in years to make the finals. The Bucks are also so up and down with the effort they put out there. Middleton was great in the last game, but disappeared in games before then and they have several players that do this and even times most of the team does this.

Phoenix is more out of the mold of the young overachievers. If they were to win this championship, you could see them making a return trip in future years through experience and adding a few other pieces--like point guard. Chris Paul has really helped this team. But at his age (and in future years) he can't do what he'd like to do night in and night out. We're already seeing this in these playoffs and at this juncture of the finals. If he could, this series Phoenix would be up 3 games to 1 and the conversation would be do they finish the Bucks off in game 5 or game 6.

Back