Your Putting in 2020

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
New Year, New Goals. What would you like to improve about your putting in 2020? How are you going to get there?

Make a higher percentage of 8-10 foot putts. Last year missing these hurt my scores. I know I should be happy with two putting most greens, but with putts in that range for birdie or par and missing them, really bugs me.

I definitely want to make more putts from 6-12 feet. My other goal is continuing to improve speed control from longer range. Nothing bugs me more than three putting, and though its not often, I want that stress gone from my golf game.

I have to get better lag putting from beyond 30 feet. And hitting the ball closer to the hole on GIR.:banghead:

Slow down. That is the key to my entire game. I need to take more time reading putts. I am actually putting really well right now but just rush too much and miss some I should not.

I'm making a conscious effort to hit my putts firmer. I'm sick of leaving makeable putts short.

I need to eliminate so many 3 putts in my game. Going to work on my speed and distance control along with taking a little more time to read the greens. Seems like speed through that part.

for me, when i went to the Scotty
Newport 1.5, my putts got better. Don't know if it was just the fact that the feel was just better than my mallet or what. I mean, i have always been a good putter, but i just seem to make more with this one..

Working to get my putts per round down to low 30’s. Changed my putting stroke a few weeks back and it’s improved but not there yet.

I'm sitting at 31.6 putt per round now, I want that to get down to an even 30 or less. I need to make more of those 12 footers and less.

I just need to have more long putts fall, similar to two seasons ago. Last year I putted well and was able to lag well enough to avoid having many three putts but couldn't get the long putts to fall.

Need to stop pulling short putts.

Fewer 3-putts. Last year I really struggled with my short putts. Part of it was because I was experimenting with different putters and part of it was me just not rolling the ball very well.
Putting used to be the strength of my game but I dont practice it anymore. I intend to spend a fair amount of time this winter working on it and getting back to being the putter that I used to be.

I have to somehow figure out how to read greens. I feel like I hit my lines really well last year but misread so many putts and missed opportunities to score.

I think I just need to keep the ball rolling, pun intended. Putting was the strongest part of my game last year and I want to continue to keep the level high but give myself more opportunities to use the putter to score, and not just scramble.

cutting down on 3 putts for sure.

I want to sink more putts in the 5-10 foot range. I know missing a lot of these bumped scores much higher than they needed to be. I’m spending a lot of time on my PuttOut green and trainer this winter with my new putter. I want to be able to control distance 99% of the time within that range.

Putt better LOL. I want to have a sub 30 putt round. I usually average around 33-34. I'm reshafting a number of my putters with Stability Shafts and some others with UST Frequency shafts. I'm not sure either is a magic pill but I need something to get the juices flowing and buckle down more on making good strokes.

Arccos highlighted this as one of my weakest areas so less 3-putts and more one - putts

My 2019 putting was 1.99 / hole. I’d like to get that lowered to 1.8 over the next year.

Speed control on long putts. I want to get into that 2.5 foot circle around the hole on every putt.

I will make sure to get enough time on the practice green prior to each meaningful round to get the speed.

I got a putting mat for Christmas and have been practicing daily. Not seeing any big results, but it is improving my confidence. I would love to get better at reading greens.

Good putting saved me for most of last season so I'm just trying to keep it at a similar level.

Back