Your Range Commitment for 2022

Been to either the range or a sim 5 times in the last 7 days. Does that count?

Right there with you @Canadan. Hoping for 2-3 1.5 hour range/chipping/bunker/putting sessions a week in addition to a self-imposed, mandatory warm up session on the range before any round. I’ve gotten lazy there in the past.

On the right track as this week was the first week where the weather was good enough to hit the range as the course is still closed, greens are covered, and there’s some snow on the ground. Had two 1.5 hour range sessions, before playing three holes. Would play to the stakes surrounding the covered greens.

My range commitment is unchanged. Once a week for an hour minimum. One bucket, then putt for a bit. If possible I’ll go more than once in a week.

I also think one bucket per session is enough. I feel like 2 or 3 hours grinding on the range yields diminishing returns.

ebe0e0a57a3957c0d06ec778463556ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My range commitment is unchanged. Once a week for an hour minimum. One bucket, then putt for a bit. If possible I’ll go more than once in a week.

I also think one bucket per session is enough. I feel like 2 or 3 hours grinding on the range yields diminishing returns.

ebe0e0a57a3957c0d06ec778463556ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love that you are committed to it!!

Time to get serious

16489988737701802030894318181829.jpg

I'm commiting to at least one range session a week if I can't get to the course. Work really is starting to get in the way of life.

I need the range close to me
to open… soon… can’t take this poor iron play anymore

I broke down and bought the unlimited range pass that our membership group offers. Now I can get free range balls at two courses in town and another three courses within an hour of me. My goal is going to go at least once a week by myself and once a week or at least every other week with my daughter and son if he's interested.

I'll go to the putting green at that time too and I need to spend some time at the short game area at least every other week.

With my wife's health problems, I can't schedule a standing range session or a minimum number of visits per week.

So, my commitment is I will be more deliberate at the range. I will be working on a drill or focusing on a particular improvement. I will not just beat balls.

Following my norm, I am getting in ample practice time. 4-5 session per week. Making an effort to spend more time on short game and putting than previous years. I am limiting my practice session ball striking to 50 balls and reserving 25 for wedge work.

I want to play more, but this is what I can fit in on most days.

Got to finish garage rebuild for SIM so I can get backyard ready for pool season so off to a slower start.

I usually do one or two range sessions a week, one on natural grass. Then try to some short game stuff in a local field, hitting balls 100 yards and try to get as many within 20 feet of stick i plant in the ground.

also some putting at Trull Brook. All this work is during lunch break. had a good start this year.

I might need a knee replacement so hopefully that won't mess up the year

I don’t think I’ll have a commitment for more range time as it will just be a convenient opportunity for me to go.
A few months ago I started a new job and it’s right down the street from the rangeI like to go to. Now I have a very nice opportunity to go during my lunch breaks and the days I get off at 4 before heading home. In the past two months I’ve been to the range more than all of last year. I have been working so hard on ball striking and I think it’s really paying off. Needs to warm up now so I can practice putting too lol.

I don’t think I’ll have a commitment for more range time as it will just be a convenient opportunity for me to go.
A few months ago I started a new job and it’s right down the street from the rangeI like to go to. Now I have a very nice opportunity to go during my lunch breaks and the days I get off at 4 before heading home. In the past two months I’ve been to the range more than all of last year. I have been working so hard on ball striking and I think it’s really paying off. Needs to warm up now so I can practice putting too lol.
That's awesome!

What has been the biggest change so far?

Range still closed. Rage building.

That's awesome!

What has been the biggest change so far?
Staying still, took a video of me and I was swaying so much it’d make someone seasick. That and tempo, with focusing on contact my tempo has improved so much, and I’m not swinging as hard or as fast as I was as still getting great distance. At least it doesn’t feel like I have a quick backswing and transition into the downswing. I feel so much more in control now and really liking it.

Staying still, took a video of me and I was swaying so much it’d make someone seasick. That and tempo, with focusing on contact my tempo has improved so much, and I’m not swinging as hard or as fast as I was as still getting great distance. At least it doesn’t feel like I have a quick backswing and transition into the downswing. I feel so much more in control now and really liking it.
I want to see it soon!

I want to see it soon!
I’d say let’s play Wednesday or Thursday but it’s still too cold and wet out. Was going to try and play with Scooby on Wednesday but it’s not looking good. Depending on how much it rains on Wednesday maybe Thursday morning if it’s not too chilly out??

I’d say let’s play Wednesday or Thursday but it’s still too cold and wet out. Was going to try and play with Scooby on Wednesday but it’s not looking good. Depending on how much it rains on Wednesday maybe Thursday morning if it’s not too chilly out??
I've can make a window 9:30 to 1:00 to play on Thursday...

First order of business is knocking off the con webs from my bag! 😂

I haven’t played since October. I’m just glad I played a round alone at the resort rather than hang with my friends in Branson.

I can’t wait for the range to open. If the weather holds, we should see scheduled range times opening up in the next 3 weeks or so!!

Haven’t swung a club since the first week of October.

This thread has me thinking how the driver sessions have paid off from the last few weeks. Found 50% of fairways last time out which I'm not sure the last time I did that. I think I need to keep this habit up a little bit.

Back