Your Range Commitment for 2022

this is unacceptable.

I thought we agreed you would move here and join the O to make it more enjoyable for me?

I fully expect to play a significant portion of my rounds at the O next year!

Planning to go at least twice a week. Lots of stuff to work on this year with a full bag of new sticks!!

I only see a potential decrease in my playtime due to the increase in family. I would like to range at least one day a week though, like work, range small bucket maybe 3 clubs, pick up kids.

Add that into the in laws, I get range time there each time we go I might do a solid 12 range sessions.

I might go from 8 range sessions all year to 10, maybe even 12.
This is kind of my goal. I tried to do more towards the end of the year, and will try to continue that. My goal is just more. I went months without going this year. If I can manage half a dozen more, I'll call it a win.

Im guessing I will end up at the range more this year than the last 4 put together, but it'll be mostly for my son. I usually just bring a 7 iron and bang a few while he goes through 100 balls in less than 200 seconds somehow.
This is another one for me.. As Cal just turned six, I want to spend more time with him there. I think he's ready.

This will be me too. Our 8 y/o son is taking lessons so I'll be at the range with him while he's there. Probably not much me time. But I enjoy it this way for him.

Going to be grinding this year. At least 3 times a week after work. Good thing the range is a 5 minute walk from my office.

During the off season 1 to 2 days a week. With my work schedule and lack of daylight, weekends are the only option for range time. Preseason range time will pick up to 3 or more times a week. During the season only visit the range to warm up or if something is off in my swing. Most of my practice time is spent on the course.

Depends how much the kid wants to go. 🤞

I’ve been trying to move in the opposite direction. I used to go to the range 2-3x per week and play a round 2x per month. When I dropped to one, maybe two focused range sessions per week and playing 3-5 rounds per month I started scoring a lot better. Being on the course helped me focus more on my short game, different lies, etc. I’ve played 9 on an executive course instead of going to the range for those reasons.

I've got no excuse, so we'll see if I can capitalize on it. My new club is only 4 miles/10 minutes from home, I have unlimited range balls as part of my membership, the range is lighted and open at night, and they also have a decent short game practice area. I'd like to spend more time practicing than I have been for the last few years.

I’m looking to get to the range 2-3 times a week and play at least once. One of them will be focused solely on short game 40 yds and in. Till the weather break I’m still looking to go once a week if the wind and temps allow.

I don’t have the time or the back to grind on the range. If my back was better, I would try to make time. I enjoy putting some earbuds in and going to work.

It’s really gonna depend on what happens with my son’s baseball schedule. I can probably get back to a once a week schedule. If my son gets into tournament golf that could skew things in either direction.

I miss grinding 3-5x a week at the range. It’s hard to ingrain a thought or move when I can only get out once every 2 weeks. I have a few issues that I need to correct post haste and no range time isn’t helping.

Wish we had a range closer. 25 or so miles to the nearest range. Therefore sim gets a great deal of use.

I feel like I hit balls almost as much as I could this past year considering family and work obligations. That was probably 1-2x per week. While I love hitting balls I think I'd be better served in the short game area. I do practice that and putting but my commitment is less range time and more short game.

I need to better understand what I should be working on the range. I got and cognitively think about what I'm doing but not sure I'm hitting my training or practice with a purpose as much as I should be.

I love on a course. When I get an hour to myself I go play 6 or so holes instead of range time. That will not change. Life is too short for range time.

It is hard for me to commit to much regular range time, since the courses close to me do not have ranges. It's a bit of an inconvenience to get to anywhere that has one. I'm determined to get better and play more this coming year though. I'm looking at getting lessons and sort how I can practice more.

I'm on the opposite end of parenthood. My kid has a year of college left so she only wants dad when she needs something. Work is really hampering my effort. When time doesn't exist to play I try to make it to the simulator for an hour. I do this twice a week if I can't get to the course.

I only went to the range 4-5 times last year and had by far my best season. Not sure I want to go back.

My usual rhythm with range time is at least three times a week with 90 minute sessions evenly divided between range, short game and putting. COVID really upset that routine. We went months in 2020 before we could use the range. Short game areas were closed until early 2021. Putting greens could only be used for 10 minutes just prior to playing a round until the end of 2020.

My adjustment was to play more golf in order keep the skill set up, but it's not the same. Even that became impossible as my time at work has been crazy the last 6 months. I've gone weeks at a time without a day off.

I've got the 2x a week in place, but the work schedule and short days currently make it impossible to have 90 minute sessions or fit in that third session. So my goal is to get back to the old routine sometime in March.

That will mean I've also got to get some adjustments to job responsibilities. A couple weeks ago I was asked to take on an additional job. Pretty sure management doesn't see the scope of what they are asking. I've been working 50-60 hour weeks for the past two years, so that's not happening unless some major stuff comes off my plate. Enough to get down to a more reasonable 40-45 hour a week average. But as you can tell, I've got some work to do to get things balanced.

More and more I find the range boring. After hitting 20 or maybe 30 balls I’m not engaged any longer. I see my range time decreasing. Now short game practice, that’s a different story. I’d like to see that increase dramatically

Back