Your Range Commitment for 2022

I rarely go to the range other than a few balls to warm up before I play. I'd think that will not change this year :drinks:

My 2022 goal is to continue to play 4 times per week which doesn’t allow too much practice with chores at home plus spending time with better half. I also gave up my unlimited range in 2022 as the cost of memberships skyrocketed and something had to give although I got 50 warm-up buckets so I can hit a few balls before I play on Friday and weekends. No big deal really as I only went to range once last year to hit balls so no big loss.

I will though try and spend some time chipping around my yard as my worst part of my game has been my short game as I have basically practised nil the past few years and it has started to show my major weaknesses.
I'm curious Jimmy, what does play look like this time of year for you? Does 4 times per week mean on a simulator, or does 4 times a week only pertain to months you can play on course?

I went to the range once in 2021. I'm not sure I am ready for a relationship/commitment.

Got some speed trainers. Not looking to get super fast but need to add some speed for my aging body. Not chasing a number.

Need to get my trajectory issues resolved so there will be a lot of range sessions.

I'm curious Jimmy, what does play look like this time of year for you? Does 4 times per week mean on a simulator, or does 4 times a week only pertain to months you can play on course?

Four times per week is once the courses open in mid April, hopefully 🤞. I don’t do any simulator golf during the winter as this is the first year there is one locally but it’s out of my price range.

I just want to get some range time in for some deliberate practice. My bag (as of now) is in a spot that I’m happy with so now it’s time get to know my tendencies a little more.

The closer it gets to season start, the more excited I am getting to really commit to this.

Three times a week minimum at the range. Doesn't need to be long, 30-45 minutes. Full commit.

My first goal to get me to the range more is find one close that isn’t using balls from ten years ago.

It’s been really tough with the weather we’ve been having but I’ve still managed to make it at least twice a week.

Weekly at least. If not use the simulator

The next two months I’m committing to speed training with the Stack System in the hopes of getting my driver ball speed back to 160mph. After that I’m signing up for my first lesson package ever with my daughter’s instructor that we started her with last spring. I won’t likely start that 6 lesson package until May or early June but I’ll also have to commit to at least a few hundred range balls each week to make the lessons worthwhile.

I’d like to go once a week. My swing needs some work and consistency. What I really need to do is have a better plan going into it and not just hit balls aimlessly

I’m lucky if I get that one round in a week and with that being said I’m also lucky if I get a couple minutes on the practice green before the first tee. Usually rushing from work straight to the first tee

I purchased an unlimited range card. My goal is once a week. Going to try to get out Friday. But not sure how my back will feel.

I am planning to spend more time at the range this year, primarily as they have toptracer virtual golf and it keeps me interested rather than just bashing balls. They also have a short game area which I plan to use again once the temperatures start to rise.

They have a great value pack for buckets that I usually take advantage of. Last time it lasted two years.

They have both a great grass area for in-season and heated bays for winter. Short game area is great as well with two greens and one has two sand traps. Enough room to do short approach shots as well if not too many people around.

Will probably get that again and hit the range whenever I have time and often.

Last edited:
I'm hitting the range a lot at the moment. As it's right bang in the middle of our winter season, the courses are all on winter greens and frozen like cement so it's no fun. Added to the fact that there are only about 9-10 hours of playable light at the moment the tee times are jammed up tighter than a duck's behind. I'm having lessons and just spending the range time working on what we've done in the lessons which is helping ingrain the good habits. There are two new simulators opened up within about half hour drive of the house as well, so I've been working in those once a week just for a bit of light relief.

I think this year I am committing to not go to the range one single time except for a warmup before a round. I want to play golf. I will practice some, but mainly if I have time I am going to play. My short game will be better than all those range rats and my long game will be the same as if I had been a range rat.

I need to hit the range at least once per week (other than pre-round), but the majority of my range time needs to be spend at the chipping/putting/bunker practice area. I’m throwing away too many shots with my short game, and that has to stop.

I'll be spending a fair amount of time at the range like I normally do. My range is nothing special but between discovering the short game area is free to use and the fact that it's much easier to carve 30 minutes out of my day than 1.5-4.5 hours to play it's usually my only option to scratch my golf itch.

Range day today to get ready for tournament round on Sunday. Get good feelings in the memory bank and work out any new techniques. Gotta work on putting

Once a week on the range and once a week on SkyTrak. Let’s go!!!

Would like to try to get out 1-2x per week, but do more with less. Won't be buying a large bucket and trying to rifle my way through it in 22 minutes - buy a 40/50 and take my time, not worry if I have a bad session, and just enjoy the practice time. Will also be taking my oldest more often, especially if we can get him registered for a camp this year.

When I belonged to a club I was at the range allllll the time. Now that I have to pay for balls I haven’t been there as much. I’d like to go at least twice a week this year

Back