Your Style Changes for 2020

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
We've talked about fitness changes, club changes, why not style or apparel changes?

What's coming in or leaving the closet in 2020? New fit, new patterns, different brands?

Personally I need to change out a couple of old polo's that are solid colours to pair with different pants or shorts, but are just getting old. Also wouldn't mind some printed sweaters, currently everything is solid.

Keeping it pretty constant this year.

PUMA Golf on the course Linksoul off

I did add some Criquet Shirts and apparel, I may add a few more of their items as well.

Not going full Rickie with the Island Collection maybe some separates but not the full look

I’m slowly building my golf apparel collection.

Going to be sprinkling in some Travis Mathew to my ever growing RLX, Greyson, and Bonobos lineup. Looks like prints and patterns will be big for 2020, which I am very cool either.

No planned changes at this point, aside from adding another Cuater belt.

I need style help so just about anything I pick up will be an improvement. When my yoga teacher wife heard I was interested in lululemon for golf, she pushed me to buy a pair of abc pants. So I have that start fir 2020. Haha. On course I typically look like I am a frugal hiker who found a bag of golf clubs. One style item at a time.

Going to be sprinkling in some Travis Mathew to my ever growing RLX, Greyson, and Bonobos lineup. Looks like prints and patterns will be big for 2020, which I am very cool either.

Hows Bonobos fit compared to RLX? Their patterns always catch my attention.

I haven’t worn their polos, I have a couple 1/4 zips that fit just like rlx. Their shorts and pants are my fave tho - i think the best out there.

speaking of - extra 40 off sale on their site today - good start to 2020 fashion additions!

This year I am planning on switching it up to the "ugly" polo. Wilder patterns. Brighter colors.

Wear something more fun.

I am going to wear Callaway and Travis Mathews on the course for the most part this year. I really like the style and I want to fly the colors in appreciation of the Grandaddy.

This year I am planning on switching it up to the "ugly" polo. Wilder patterns. Brighter colors.

Wear something more fun.

Yeah, I'm considering this sale polo at Bonobos. Would only be $35.

KNIT-CASUAL-SHIRT_POLO-SHIRT_23420-MVD58_2.jpg

Travis Mathews and Callaway attire for me this year. My wardrobe improved 1000% just from the clothes we received from TheGrandaddy.

I'm going to continue with my rotation of J. Lindeberg, RLX, and Travis Mathew polos, 1/4 zips, and sweaters.
I'm going to continue with my rotation of UA & Nike pants, and J. Lindeberg shorts

One change for me will be shoes. While I'm going to continue rocking my few pairs of MyJoys - I'm done with all my Nike shoes. While they perform great and are comfortable they are just made like absolute crap. I can only seem to get 12-15 rounds on a set of Vapors before they have an issue, and my Tour Premieres only lasted 7 rounds before the inside heel ripped to shreds. Garbage.

I'm looking to either add more FJ, or give Adidas shoes a try.

Yeah, I'm considering this sale polo at Bonobos. Would only be $35.

KNIT-CASUAL-SHIRT_POLO-SHIRT_23420-MVD58_2.jpg

The wife ended up snagging me one of these for my birthday in October:

595109_02_6.jpg

I am super excited about sporting it this season.

I'll probably snag a few golf shirts at Goodwill back in Humble, TX when I get back. There's always brand new or near new shirts there for $5-ish (not sure if my senior citizen discount kicks in now that I turned 55 last on 11/30).

I found 2 really nice Bolle golf shirts at GW with the tags still on them; I love those shirts!

I am planning on adding some more colored shorts. I will need a few more solid colored shirts to go with them also. I am always on the look out for cool shirts though. I like solids, feeder stripes, and small patterns. I wear Footjoy, RLX, and Under Armour shirts generally. I wear all Under Armour shorts and Lululemon pants. I may try some Adidas shorts as they seem to have a lot of colors.

I will probably add more grey and black to my grey and black wardrobe.:cool:

I don't really have many changes planned. I'll keep an eye open for Travis Mathew and Puma specials but don't really need a ton of clothes. I'm sure I'll add one pair of shoes at some point, not sure what yet.

What ever the wife dresses me in is my current and future style.:cool:

New for me is to get away from only solids with my shirt selections. My wife's boss actually bought me a Peter Millar polo for christmas and told me it was time to step it up out on the course. :ROFLMAO:(y)

I'm sticking with TravisMathew & Callaway polos and 1/4 zips on top. Looks like I'm sticking with Puma shoes after all. Pants...TBD.

I’ll be pretty consistent with my style, but I’ve already moved out some old polos I won’t wear and sent them to someone who can use them.

for me my polos and shorts it will be Travis Mathew. Socks I’ll add more Stance to the rotation.

Since we are back around into the 20's. I think it is only fitting to bring this back.

1578087186899.png

I'm sticking with TravisMathew & Callaway polos and 1/4 zips on top. Looks like I'm sticking with Puma shoes after all. Pants...TBD.

I love Travis and have a ton of it. But I find the quality a bit lacking. Man, they stain easy. The Puma clothes I have seem to hold up much better. Plus their designs are getting a bit tired. Break it up a bit guys. Not every shirt needs to be just 3 stripes across the chest.

Back