Your take on Orange gear

Aaronthehack

one hack at a time
Reaction score
Handicap
I like Orange I have a couple of Orange shirts but I wouldn't go out head to toe in orange. I almost bought a new pair of shoes Sunday that had Orange soles on them but they didn't have any in my size so I got a pair with bright blue soles. To each there own wear it if you like it is how I see it.

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
I have no problem with orange. I have few orange shirts, belt, and pair of Footjoys. But, never the full monotone Fowler look. I'm sorry I don't care to look like a convict that just escaped from prison and decided to play a round.

MarcW

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN
I have a couple of orange shirts, but would NEVER wear a full orange outfit. Saw a guy at The Memorial wearing the full orange outfit (shirt was half white half orange, orange shorts, orange Puma hat, white/orange Puma golf shoes), we laughed.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Actually, now that I am thinking about it. I met my buddy up at the course today. When he walked up, I noticed we were both wearing orange polos and blue shorts. We both had Orange and Blue bags too. Of course mine was an Auburn bag and his was a gator bag.

Felt a little weird riding around in a cart all day with matching "outfits".
That has happened to me before. We joked that we forgot to coordinate our outfits that day! I think it may have happened with me and MO_Hacker one time.

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
Kinda like "Oh, Hi Blu I almost missed you in your head to toe orange outfit." Or, "are we going hunting or golfing"? I love that stuff, we absolutely hazed apprentices back in the day, but still kept it friendly.
"I heard you coming from the parking lot."

I have a periwinkle shirt I wear often. Without fail, somebody says, "I didn't know your wife's clothes fit you?"

I love wearing bright colors on the golf course. I also love getting and giving grief from my friends. It is part of how we have fun.

Arkie_3_fan

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm wearing a kinda orange shirt to play in today. I wear lots of different colours, but please not head to toe.

I don't really get the whole playing in your high school colours thing either. We didn't have high school colours over here, so maybe that's why. I'm long out of school and I like to represent myself on the course. I think this is perhaps a symptom of where I live, since there is a lot of hatred and sectarianism associated to certain colour combinations. I can't wear green and white, or red/white/blue in certain areas, or I run the risk of being assaulted. I take pride in distancing myself from that sort of stuff.

I like nothing better than to see someone taking pride in what they wear, and trying out their own individual style. By all means take inspiration, but being a carbon copy of your favourite golfer is a bit weak.
Here's a bit of an explanation for you...
I'm from a small town in a rather rural section of a rather rural state. The school colors and mascot are basically a source of identity and pride for the entire community. Around here, orange is one of the most common colors you'll see people wearing, so I don't really even consider it to be flashy or loud, like some people do.

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Like the orange. It can be a bit much sometimes with the total head to toe, but overall I like it and would wear total orange.

jt2929

Equipment Junkie
Reaction score
Handicap
golf
Orange is my favorite color. I have hats and shirts that are orange, had grips that were orange, I have orange on my Gambler putter, and mark my ball with an orange sharpie. I will never wear head to toe orange though.

drewwood

Reaction score
Handicap
I am a big fan of the outrageous colors. It spices up golf a little.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I am wearing an orange shirt to play today. With blue shorts.

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
I am wearing an orange shirt to play today. With blue shorts.
Sadly the outfit I bought the shorts are wayyyyyy too long almost like highwaters or capris but now I'm just waiting on my puma hat. Now have two of them!!

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
"I have a periwinkle shirt I wear often. Without fail, somebody says, "I didn't know your wife's clothes fit you?"
There's nothing wrong with wearing a funny colored shirt. But I have to question you knowing what color Periwinkle is.

Last edited:

morekimchi

Reaction score
Handicap
Orange is the best (not kidding)! If Taylormade came out with orange drivers, I'd trade out my SF2.0 for it. Match my e6s and my Nike polo, yup, both orange.

cmoors

Resident Swinger
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw a 30yr old woman wearing almost all purple (white belt white shoes) hitting balls at my driving range last night.

I have to say, it absolutely worked for her. God awful swing but man did she look the part. Guys were staring.

White Rhino

SANDBAGGER!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I saw a 30yr old woman wearing almost all purple (white belt white shoes) hitting balls at my driving range last night.

I have to say, it absolutely worked for her. God awful swing but man did she look the part. Guys were staring.
Were they staring cause she was wearing purple or was it for other reasons? :act-up:

kronik

Reaction score
Handicap
5.2 OOB
I tend to wear brightly colored shirts on the course, and I have a couple orange guys in my collection. Having said that, I would never go full-on Orange Julius ala Rickie.

Mardin

Reaction score
I don't mind the all orange gear. I say that whatever you wear on the course you have to "Own It". Rickie rocks the orange because he can. Personally orange only works for me around Halloween.

MarcW

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN

Lefty78

Have clubs, will travel
Reaction score
Handicap
unstable
Most of the orange around here is worn by the community service folks working off their sentence picking up trash on weekend. The rest of the orange is worn by University of Tennessee fans.

I wear an orange golf shirt when playing fundraisers for my alma mater (not Tennessee) because the "free" shirts are usually orange. So I have nothing against orange, just that I'm more in white/light pastel summer shirts and dark shirts in the winter. Black is my favorite for golf but that would be insane around here in the summer heat.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I wore an orange Peter Millar shirt today on the course.
That thing wicks moisture like a pair of tidy whities.
Worst wicking EVER!

By the 5th hole I was drenched!

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
Worst wicking EVER!

hahaha...that sucks! You are the least sweater in Florida heat I have ever met so it must have been bad.

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
Worst wicking EVER!

I have a Millar shirt that does the same. I'm sure you've suppressed the memory, but my moobs made an awesome pair of sweat stains in that shirt. It's for work only now.

Lefty78

Have clubs, will travel
Reaction score
Handicap
unstable
Worst wicking EVER!

Was it because of the fabric or the dye in the fabric? Do you have the same style in lighter colors?

It may be my imagination but it seems that shirts with lots of color do not handle the moisture very well at all.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in