Your take on Orange gear

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
Well my favorite player being rickie I figured i'd ask my fellow THPers what you think of when you see people wearing orange. I actually just bought an outfit and now all that's left is to buy the Puma hat. Can't wait. But what are your thoughts on the loud color being on the golf course.

If anything show some pictures of you or fellow people wearing orange.

I don't mind orange. Looks good with a tan. That outfit in your avy is oogly, though.

I have Nothing against orange. Its not my favorite because of certain colleges, and where I went to school, but just a personal taste.
I would not wear something because an athlete likes the color because its his college colors, but that is just me.

Enjoy.when you look in the mirror,and you like the outfit, dont worry what others think on the course. I like seeing people that were different types of golf clothing.

I don't mind it, not a colour I wear myself though just because of skin tones, looks really bad. Buddy of mine rocks the orange Puma shirt quite often, looks snazzy, especially with white pants.

Orange is my favourite colour. I have an orange hat, 2 orange golf shirts, orange tees, orange ball marker, orange glove, and an orange marker to mark my ball. Also, my bag is orange, my cart is orange, and I had custom headcovers made with orange in them to match everything.

I guess you could say I am pro-orange :pumpkin:

DSC_0048.jpg

If you want to wear orange, then wear orange. Now, if you came up to the first tee dressed like Ricky Fowler, then I might give you some grief.

If you want to wear orange, then wear orange. Now, if you came up to the first tee dressed like Ricky Fowler, then I might give you some grief.

Okay, I have to ask. Didnt you say this in anther thread?

If I go to one of my local courses, usually <$65 for 18 and a cart, and one of my playing partners says that I am not dressed properly because of my cargo shorts, that person is no longer my playing partner.

Im not coming down on you, but I have an honest question. People seem to constantly say "who cares what others are wearing" or "Why does it matter if someone is wearing cargo shorts or jeans".
Yet the reverse seems to be in affect all the time. Meaning if someone dresses bright, loud or bold, they "better have the game to back it up".

Why is one not tolerable and one is acceptable?
This is not directed at blugold necessarily, just an honest question.

I like orange, but head to toe orange is a bit much.

Meaning if someone dresses bright, loud or bold, they "better have the game to back it up".

I want to know where this came from. People say "wear what you want don't worry about others" Yet when it comes to loud colors and different attire that mindset pops up. Why is that mindset okay to have?

Im not coming down on you, but I have an honest question. People seem to constantly say "who cares what others are wearing" or "Why does it matter if someone is wearing cargo shorts or jeans".
Yet the reverse seems to be in affect all the time. Meaning if someone dresses bright, loud or bold, they "better have the game to back it up".

I wonder the same thing. It seems as long as the wardrobe choice is not bold, then it is okay, no matter what it is. I know I wore a pair of orange shorts, purple polo, white hat, belt and glasses last year and everyone that saw me (even guys I had never seen before) said "look at what this guy is wearing! Hope you shot under par wearing that!" Of course, they were wearing khaki, blue, white, and black. It seems anything different that others may not be comfortable with is unacceptable unless you are a superstar. I am far from a superstar, but I enjoy wearing bright clothes that show my personality. Why is this a crime? I really don't get it. If I wasn't so comfortable with myself and who I am, then I would never wear bold, bright colours based on what others say to me. I really do not care what others think, as long as I think I look good. To me that is all that matters.

Maybe it is because some of the general public are threatened by choice of colour. From my experiences, it is not "manly" to wear anything but blue, red, brown, black, and white. So if one is to wear an "inappropriate" colour instead of the societal norm for that gender then, you are almost surely mocked.

I really don't know, but it is not going to have any affect on my wardrobe choices anytime soon.

Love it but then again I'm a Vol!

Orange rocks, wear it if you like it and it looks good to you

I like orange, but I think it's a color that should be used in small doses. To each their own though.

I'm all for orange. I have an orange and blue bag, and I wore an orange Auburn polo out on the course today. But that creamsickle look Rickie Fowler has going on in your picture makes me gag a little.

I'm all for orange. I have an orange and blue bag, and I wore an orange Auburn polo out on the course today. But that creamsickle look Rickie Fowler has going on in your picture makes me gag a little.

I wear my Orange and Blue AUBURN Under Armour shirts out on the course on a regular basis. Matches my Orange and Blue AUBURN head covers!

I've got nothing against orange, or any color really. It's all about what you match it with. (matching it with more orange...meh..not so good)

It's great for a polo or sweater, but all of one color besides black or white is a bit much.

Love it but then again I'm a Vol!

Exactly why I like the orange look. I've got orange/white shoes, orange/white checkered Loudmouth Golf shorts, Tennessee polo and and orange Tennessee visor. That's my usually attire when I play in any event in Baton Rouge. I'm not an LSU fan at all so anything I can do to get under their skin, I'll do it. I'm pretty sure I have a picture of me wearing all that somewhere, and if I can find it, I'll post it.

Okay, I have to ask. Didnt you say this in anther thread?

Fair question JB. To me "grief" is friendly ribbing. The same ribbing I would expect to receive from a friend. If I said something like, "you are a disgrace to this game for gentleman with your orange pants and flat brimmed hat." Then that is judgemental and rude. I would not be ashamed to stand next to and play with a guy who was wearing orange, or cargo shorts

I like Orange, but the orange pants with the orange shirt is a bad look.. so are any of the puma hats fowler wears.

I like Orange, but the orange pants with the orange shirt is a bad look.. so are any of the puma hats fowler wears.

Just bought myself the all white with orange puma :D Can't wait haha

Back