Your Top 1 or 2 Golf Books

links_slayer

Reaction score
Handicap
I am not much of a reader but I just returned from a 2 week vacation and read a few golf books on the planes and trains. Looking for recommendations on what to read next. I'm not looking for anything instruction-related (for now).

What are you 1 or 2 "don't miss" books???

For a good laugh read "Missing Links" by Rick Riley

Harvey Penick's "Little Red Book" should be mandatory reading imo, I also enjoyed A Long Walk Spoiled

Dave Pelz' Short Game Bible
Harvey Penick's Little Red Book

For a good laugh read "Missing Links" by Rick Riley

thanks! a buddy gave me his "who's your caddy" to read on the trip and i really liked it. will probably check out at least a few of his other golf books - i loved his sports illustrated columns.

I enjoyed Unconscious Putting and Hogans 5 lessons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like Feherty and potty humor, his book a nasty bit of rough is pretty good.

I figured that's what you meant when i couldn't find any golf-related "long walk spoiled" titles :D just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing out.

Harvey Penick's "Little Red Book" should be mandatory reading imo, I also enjoyed A Long Walk Spoiled
Yep. Little Red Book.

Also, Tension Free Golf by Dean Reinmuth.

I figured that's what you meant when i couldn't find any golf-related "long walk spoiled" titles :D just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing out.
No worries dude, I've been drinking thanks to my Sooners lol

How I play golf by TW
5 lessons by Ben Hogan

Pelz' Short Game Bible and Stockman's Unconscious Putting. I think I will read the latter backwards and see if what he is trying to teach will sink in. Maybe I'm just dyslexic.

A Good Walk Spoiled has to be my favorite.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hogan's 5 fundamentals
Play your best golf now - Nilson/Marriott

Hogan's Five Modern Fundamentals!

Jack Nicklaus - Lesson Tee
Arnold Palmer - Play Great Golf

The Little Red Book and Hogan are also great reads.

EDIT: Sorry I missed the part about not instruction related :angel:

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of James Dodson, two of my favorites.

Final Rounds a trip he took to Ireland with his father. It will get dusty!!
Son of the Game-kind of a stop about him going back to his roots in Pinehurst and getting his son behind the idea.

Also he wrote an incredible biography of Ben Hogan, Sam Snead and Byron Nelson, called The American Triumvirate

So this one just made it to my shelf! Sure to be a favorite and very glad to have it.
106a1484ab7779d669f9e80b2d56a40d.jpg

So this one just made it to my shelf! Sure to be a favorite and very glad to have it.
106a1484ab7779d669f9e80b2d56a40d.jpg

This one will make my Xmas list this year...

The only "golf book" I've ever read is Alice Cooper, Golf Monster by Alice Cooper, of course.

It's a great read about how he used golf to overcome alcohol addiction.

Back