your town's legendary restaurant ?

I have no idea, but I'll say the Sandwich Nazi.

I like Ruby's and Del Friscos, but neither is a Louisville original like Pat's.
That is true!! Not even sure Del Frisco's is even open any longer.

Nothing really for amazing food.. the only one that may be known was sold and opened up as Cuban cuisine (it'll be on Gordon Ramseys next show), but the prior was called rivolis and it's where the Jersey shore cast went to eat

:sick:

In Portland it has to be RingSide Steakhouse.
I had another thought. If someone wants ice cream it has to be Salt and Straw. Maybe the best ice cream shop ever.

We have several places here that are local favorites but one popular place with the locals and visitors is The Freezer it sets on a dock right off the Homosassa River and has the best steamed shrimp that you will ever eat.

Snappy Lunch here in Mt Airy ( AKA Mayberry ) NC

We have a great burger place called Boots Burger in our small town. Awesome burgers served out of a converted garage.

There are many legendary BBQ restaurants in KC; Arthur Bryants, Jack Stack and Joe's KC to start.

Other than BBQ there is Stroud's Fried Chicken, Jess and Jim's Steak House, Garozzo's Italian.

Just off the top of my head.

Joe's Stone Crab in Miami

A must visit when in town and only open during stone crab season October to May.

In Charlotte we have an old school steakhouse called Beef N Bottle that's been around forever. Not only are the steaks fantastic (the ribeye is my go to) but its a nice change up in a city swarming with cookie cutter high-end steakhouses. It's definitely off the beaten path and from the outside it looks like a sketchy warehouse, so it's easy to drive by if you didn't know better. The inside is retro 1960's-throwback and the waiters act accordingly. The cherry on top though, is the soft cheddar cheese with crackers they serve instead of bread with butter. It's like the Kraft handi-snacks I used to get in middle school...but on steroids
Wow, my wife and I had a anniversary dinner at the Beef and Bottle. It was excellent.

In Tampa it's Bern's Steakhouse, in Clearwater it's Frenchy's, the home of the first grouper sandwich.
GG, I will have to adopt Bern's as mine also. There is no legendary anything over here...and yes no trip is complete with the desert room and the wine tour.

I don’t know if we have just one that stands above all others. We have a couple of James Beard award winning chefs in town and the food at those restaurants is fantastic. Snack Bar and City Grocery are both owned by one of the chefs, John Currence. I prefer Snack Bar.

We also have a couple of diners of considerable regard, one of which is truly if the “greasy spoon” variety. The first, Ajax, is on our town Square and gets featured by announcers on SEC sports broadcasts fairly often. The other, the greasy spoon, is the Beacon. It is at least 50 years old. It has a great burger, hamburger steak with onions and gravy, pork chops, fried chicken, chicken and dressing, various southern vegetables that would those mothers and grandmothers who cook well proud, and the usual diner breakfasts.

I’ll bite. I live in the small town of 10k attached to a town of about 50k people.

There are a couple that come to mind.

First and foremost is Skyway East. Probably the finest dining between Cleveland and Columbus (well, excluding Akron). Probably 20% of married women around here have been proposed to there. Pretty full menu as they’re not specialized. Whether you want calf’s liver, a filet mignon, or duck, you can get it and pretty much everything else there. I was actually waiting at the bar 20ish years ago to be seated and across the bar from me was James, James Bond, err, Sean Connery.

Then there’s Oak Park Tavern. Driving by it you’d think it a biker bar. Most locals prefer it food wise to Skyway. A little more limited menu but food equal to or better than Skyway.

Last is Uncle Johns Place. Pretty sure it might be a Mafia front / money laundering place. You better eat your spaghetti and meatballs and pay your bill or you’re sleeping with the fishes. Dinners start at $3.99 and up but for some reason they ring you up 8 times while only making you pay for your dinner once. Haven’t figured that one out yet.....

I’d have to go with Pete’s Bluebird in Bellingham, MA. They have a limited menu but one of the best steaks you’ll ever have for ~$20.

We have the Angus Barn in Raleigh NC.

I don't really get all of the hype but it is the most profitable independent restaurant in the state (33 in the country) and has the largest wine selection in NC as well.

We have the Angus Barn in Raleigh NC.

I don't really get all of the hype but it is the most profitable independent restaurant in the state (33 in the country) and has the largest wine selection in NC as well.
I have a reservation there in 3 weeks! How can you not like the Angus Barn? I need a minute....

There are many legendary BBQ restaurants in KC; Arthur Bryants, Jack Stack and Joe's KC to start.

Other than BBQ there is Stroud's Fried Chicken, Jess and Jim's Steak House, Garozzo's Italian.

Just off the top of my head.
My brother-in-law is head waiter at the Jack Stack in Overland Park.

I live in a suburb of Boston and we have diner locally called Casey’s Diner that is very well known for their hot dogs. There are about 8-10 stools and an outdoor window. It is always jammed at lunch time. Their burgers are very good in addition to their dogs.

I’d have to go with Pete’s Bluebird in Bellingham, MA. They have a limited menu but one of the best steaks you’ll ever have for ~$20.

I have never been to Pete’s Bluebird. I have family in Bellingham but have never been to Pete’s Bluebird.

I have a reservation there in 3 weeks! How can you not like the Angus Barn? I need a minute....

I eat there several times a year on business. It is very good but not life changing for me. Their wine list is spectacular and frankly their house wines are quite good.

Back