Your Unique THP Event

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What does your event look like? You’re the “JB” in this parallel universe and you have the opportunity to create a unique experience for any number of THP’ers. You’re calling the shots! Sooo…

What brand(s) do you partner with?
How many participants?
What course are you partnering with? (Assuming golf is involved)
What time of year?
SWAG planned?
All expense paid or cost for entry?

Most importantly, what’s unique about your event?

This is going to take some time to put together. 😁

This should be an interesting thread.

I wouldn't even know where to start with this.
But I'll be following.

:oops: oh man

The original Morgan Cup format (before my time) sounded absurdly fun and impossible.

The access with industry people is incalculable.

The roll your own shaft thing was insane.

There are courses I don't even know of that make perfect back drops.

The swag, oh the swag.

Team comps are a whole other level too.

Mind is swimming.

Last edited:
To design the ultimate awesome event, I'd make use of modern technology to make it easy:

Ctrl-C Copy "Grandaddy of Them All"

Ctrl-V Paste

:LOL:

I would host a driver event with Cobra where THP'ers get fitted for a driver by @Master Yagley & @LittleRat and then they take on Bryson and/or Kyle Berkshire in a handicapped long drive contest of some sort.

I would do it out in Las Vegas at a different course every year. The next day everyone goes and plays golf at the course. I would do it in the spring right after release season.

Oh man. Let me think on this...

I’ve always said a putter experience. My vote would be with Artisan out in Fort Worth.
- two people
- full putter fitting on the latest system
- full one off design based on what the fitting recommended so the player can design the head shape they were fit into
- any finish, milling, insert combo, top line or flange alignment aides
- custom stamping
- obviously turn around time would be after the event, but I would include a round of golf and a dinner with the people from Artisan.

not sure what cost would be but it would be worth it imo.

I’ve always said a putter experience. My vote would be with Artisan out in Fort Worth.
- two people
- full one off design based on what the fitting recommended so the player can design the head shape they were fit into
- custom stamping
- obviously turn around time would be after the event, but I would include a round of golf and a dinner with the people from Artisan.

OK, first off can I say I don't even know where to begin. What @JB and @GolferGal is amazing and this is not an application to take their job. LOL

In much the same way as rolling your own shaft with Project X I would set something up with none other than SWAG. Go in and design a blade and/or mallet cover that they will sent out for 1/1 production. You read that right 1/1 swag. Pick everything out and design with their team.

Oh you thought I was done no that 1/1 putter cover will go on one of their custom built putters for you. So I guess it really only is for blade

The guys at SWAG seem like a fun bunch so I am sure there is a course in the Chicagoland area that some golf could be played.

I am sure there is some SWAG swag to be given.

Quick 2 day event. Boom.

To design the ultimate awesome event, I'd make use of modern technology to make it easy:

Ctrl-C Copy "Grandaddy of Them All"

Ctrl-V Paste

:LOL:
Too easy! Keep digging. 🤣

What brand(s) do you partner with? Club Champion. I want people to be able to go through a full bag fitting before they get to the event. And Club Champion is the easiest way to get that done I think. I don't want it to be golf club brand exclusive. I want the players to get fit into what is truly best for them from ALL the manufactures that exist (well all that CC would offer I guess I should say). They basically would have fully customized clubs fit to them waiting at the event site.

How many participants? 14 (7 Staffers and 7 Albatross Members)

What course are you partnering with? The Old Course at St. Andrews - I know this is difficult but were playing in imaginary land, and it's my sandbox. If we gotta keep in the US, I'll go with Payne's Valley.

What time of year? Late summer like August timeframe.

SWAG planned? Everyone gets a fitting beforehand at their local Club Champion and a full bag of clubs that they will ultimately be sent to the event where they will be revealed for the first time in typical THP fashion. I also think scripted apparel is in works, and of course plenty of golf balls, shoes and a golf bag

All expense paid or cost for entry? I mean it's imaginary land so it's gotta be Grandaddy-like with all expenses paid.

Most importantly, what’s unique about your event? It's entirely possible this has already been done and I just don't know about it but...

We'll call it "The Clash"

It'll be a team event similar to Morgan Cup, but the basic idea here is the 7 staffers (Canadan, jdtox, Jman, JB, ddec and MWard) take on 7 active Albatross Members. Each staffer has to shoulder tap one person with a couple caveats. It has to be an Albatross member they've never met before, and more importantly one they'd love to beat to a pulp in the friendly competition that is golf.

It's a cool trip for all the staffers to go to St. Andrews, so I like it for them, but obviously it's a once in a lifetime trip for 7 Albatross members as well. I think it would be cool to see THP take on Albatross members. I think it would bring insane energy to the forum too. Who do you root for!?

- two people
- custom stamping

Sign me up…

I'd love to see a format similar to the old MC but smaller. Maybe 4 companies, with 1 rep from each company playing with 3 THPers, against the others, who have a full bag of their sponsor's equipment. Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, and Titleist. Think that would be amazing.

What brand(s) do you partner with? Club Champion. I want people to be able to go through a full bag fitting before they get to the event. And Club Champion is the easiest way to get that done I think. I don't want it to be golf club brand exclusive. I want the players to get fit into what is truly best for them from ALL the manufactures that exist (well all that CC would offer I guess I should say). They basically would have fully customized clubs fit to them waiting at the event site.

How many participants? 14 (7 Staffers and 7 Albatross Members)

What course are you partnering with? The Old Course at St. Andrews - I know this is difficult but were playing in imaginary land, and it's my sandbox. If we gotta keep in the US, I'll go with Payne's Valley.

What time of year? Late summer like August timeframe.

SWAG planned? Everyone gets a fitting beforehand at their local Club Champion and a full bag of clubs that they will ultimately be sent to the event where they will be revealed for the first time in typical THP fashion. I also think scripted apparel is in works, and of course plenty of golf balls, shoes and a golf bag

All expense paid or cost for entry? I mean it's imaginary land so it's gotta be Grandaddy-like with all expenses paid.

Most importantly, what’s unique about your event? It's entirely possible this has already been done and I just don't know about it but...

We'll call it "The Clash"

It'll be a team event similar to Morgan Cup, but the basic idea here is the 7 staffers (Canadan, jdtox, Jman, JB, ddec and MWard) take on 7 active Albatross Members. Each staffer has to shoulder tap one person with a couple caveats. It has to be an Albatross member they've never met before, and more importantly one they'd love to beat to a pulp in the friendly competition that is golf.

It's a cool trip for all the staffers to go to St. Andrews, so I like it for them, but obviously it's a once in a lifetime trip for 7 Albatross members as well. I think it would be cool to see THP take on Albatross members. I think it would bring insane energy to the forum too. Who do you root for!?
I don’t like this one as I’ve met all 7 staffers and therefore I would be out. Yes I’m being selfish! 😂

I’d go with a shed your weakness competition with Club Champion. Pick 4 THP’ers and hook them up with a club(s) that’s the weakest part of their game and a coach/playing lesson to help get rid of that. Trouble off the tee box? No problem. Here’s a PGA top 100 coach at his home facility/course and a new set of fitted woods to get you throwing down. Losing strokes around the green? No problem. New wedges and a new putter and let’s get that sorted.

I don’t like this one as I’ve met all 7 staffers and therefore I would be out. Yes I’m being selfish! 😂
Hmm. Let me think...

I got it! Maybe all 7 forum members get to shoulder tap another forum member to be their caddie for the event? And then on the first day, the winners get to play against their caddies as a practice round out on the Old Course TOGETHER. My event has now gone up to 21 people haha...

I'm pretty sure you have to use the St. Andrews caddies when your there, but we'll just go with that...

1642815926301.png

I would want to have an event around seeing how heads are manufactured. I know we got to see glimpses inside Mizuno assembly facility but I want to see the pieces being welded together, milled, etc. And then clearly go play the next day with sticks that came off the line at a course nearby.

Husband and wife event.
Sponsored by Wilson Staff.
You have to make your own tee times.
Baller Boxes for each couple.

Grand prize THE HAMMER driver.

What does your event look like? You’re the “JB” in this parallel universe and you have the opportunity to create a unique experience for any number of THP’ers. You’re calling the shots! Sooo…

What brand(s) do you partner with?
How many participants?
What course are you partnering with? (Assuming golf is involved)
What time of year?
SWAG planned?
All expense paid or cost for entry?

Most importantly, what’s unique about your event?

THP Goes Overseas

I’m thinking Mizuno or Titleist, perhaps Miura?Hitting the links over in Scotland. Maybe two courses?

6 participants

Pending on best weather timeframe I’d say August.

Swag of course. Hats, bags, balls, gloves, shorts, towels, shoes.

Full bag fitting done in states and when they arrive, it will be there and ready for them.

$500 entry rest paid for

Man, there are so many cool possibilities here... I am going to have to think about this.

Short Game Experience
-Putter Fitting
-Wedge Fitting
-Ball Fitting

Sponsored by:
-Callaway

-since this is fantasy golf, Myopia Hunt Club

Accomodations:
-Downtown Boston

Back