Your Unique THP Event

Hmm. Let me think...

I got it! Maybe all 7 forum members get to shoulder tap another forum member to be their caddie for the event? And then on the first day, the winners get to play against their caddies as a practice round out on the Old Course TOGETHER. My event has now gone up to 21 people haha...

I'm pretty sure you have to use the St. Andrews caddies when your there, but we'll just go with that...
I’m down for being a caddie. 😂

i think a full bag fitting event would be cool. 18 holes with the fitter on day 1. then fitting on day 2. then to the course on day 3 with the fitted sticks.

there would be TONS of video content to hear the fitter talk through what could be improved during the first round. then a live stream of the fitting. then again TONS of video content of the build process. and lastly, you guessed it, TONS of video content on the course with the fitted clubs including range time, and time on the course.

the biggest difference would be the massive amount of video content and live streaming. callaway, cobra or mizuno probably have the widest swath of offerings. limit it to just two golfers.

equip them with arccos, then a 90 day check in to review the data with the fitter and talk through any potential tweaks.

2 brand battle. 2 teams. 2 brands, each with their own representative. 2 courses, over 2 days. Set in Phoenix or Orlando. Could alternate brands on different years.

I'd love to see a format similar to the old MC but smaller. Maybe 4 companies, with 1 rep from each company playing with 3 THPers, against the others, who have a full bag of their sponsor's equipment. Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, and Titleist. Think that would be amazing.
Dang as an accountant creativity is not my strong suit but this sounds freaking awesome. I 100% endorse this but for my money (nothing personal), I'm subbing Srixon/Cleveland in for Titleist if we're limited to 4.

If we aren't I think an interesting twist would be to add Project X and UST Mamiya as wildcards where you get to pick the clubheads but all your shafts come from that company.

Or, short game challenge. Participants are provided wedges and a putter. Battle it out over several rounds on a par 3 course. Make it an interesting course, like the PXG “Bad little nine” at Scottsdale national.

Dang as an accountant creativity is not my strong suit but this sounds freaking awesome. I 100% endorse this but for my money (nothing personal), I'm subbing Srixon/Cleveland in for Titleist if we're limited to 4.

If we aren't I think an interesting twist would be to add Project X and UST Mamiya as wildcards where you get to pick the clubheads but all your shafts come from that company.

fun to dream about! We’ll do it at PGA West so near most of the OEMs in Carlsbad and so the Nest can be in play at night. Stableford scoring so less in your face competition. With the right personalities from each company it would be fun without going overboard.

fun to dream about! We’ll do it at PGA West so near most of the OEMs in Carlsbad and so the Nest can be in play at night. Stableford scoring so less in your face competition. With the right personalities from each company it would be fun without going overboard.
Well I know three of the personalities, and one other has quite a reputation, so I'm picturing intense competition but with wild amounts of fun

swing what you bring

all out ball out testing

i don't even know how many it gets limited to...

all the ball manufacturers that wanna show up and fit people

all the shaft manufacturers that wanna show up and fit people

drink tickets for the bar

Torrey Pines North and South Course
Torrey Pines Hilton

4 man teams

fly in Wednesday afternoon

Thursday: Club fitting at Cobra HQ with Yags and Jose

Friday: receive your clubs for practice round

Saturday: 18 hole Shamble / 18 hole alt shot

Sunday is Singles day

Sponsors: Cobra / Hilton / Tito's

cost: $500 per person

I’d go with a shed your weakness competition with Club Champion. Pick 4 THP’ers and hook them up with a club(s) that’s the weakest part of their game and a coach/playing lesson to help get rid of that. Trouble off the tee box? No problem. Here’s a PGA top 100 coach at his home facility/course and a new set of fitted woods to get you throwing down. Losing strokes around the green? No problem. New wedges and a new putter and let’s get that sorted.
Love the idea of a coaching aspect to this! Cool stuff.

I think a short game focused event with Bettinardi would be my dream event. A tour of the factory and see how they mill their heads. Tour Studio B and get fitted for a Custom putter for each contestant (of which there would be 2). Your pick of their wedges to complete the club swag. On top of that, you'd get the option, for a fee, of designing your custom putter headcover. Since Bettinardi already features Straight Down, Straight Down will provide some apparel swag. Then 2 rounds of golf on 2 different Chicago area courses. Only competition would be closest to the pin with the new wedges for bragging rights and a game of horse with current putters to decide on who gets their custom putter first. Both contestants would receive a Bettinardi bag as well.

I'd lose my sh*t going to this event.

I didn't want to go too far fetched with the idea. But then. thinking I am being too out there and remembering how insane the event I'm going to will be makes me think maybe I haven't gone far enough lol

Last edited:
Well I would probably start with a great OEM. Let’s say Callaway. Then I’d probably choose a really exclusive course where you probably need a host at. Let’s call him Al and pick an absolute dream course like the hide…..what’s that?…….they already have that?……wow.

okay lol, so in all seriousness let’s do this.

Name:

Showdown in Paradise

Cost:

$599 and transportation to Carlsbad.

OEM’s

:callaway: VS :taylormade:

WHEN:

September

Courses:

Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill

TEAMS:
Team TaylorMade:
Tiger Woods
Colin Morikawa
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU

TEAM CALLAWAY:
Phil Mickelson
Sam Burns
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU

Swag:
Current Driver from company.
Travis Matthew Swag.
Adidas Swag.
Custom Swag headcovers
Pro shop credit.
Balls.
And a whole lot more.

Itenerary:

Come for the ultimate showdown and trip of a lifetime. 12 THP’ers will embark on Carlsbad to settle the score between two billion dollar companies. It’s Taylormade vs Callaway. THP’ers will meet at Ebulition Brew Works for an intro dinner with both OEM’s where pleasantries are exchanged or possibly not. Announcements are made about the tour staffer captains who just finished up the Tour season. The teams are playing for pride, the showdown cup, and the Puttin 4 Bird Memorial MVP trophy and lastly the winning team will be receiving the unreleased equipment lineup from their OEM with the bill being placed on the losing OEM. Maybe at cost but still a huge bill.

Day 1 officially starts with players touring the tour fitting facilities. Team Callaway at ECPC. Team Taylormade at the Kingdom. After various Q and A’s and what not all players will be fit for the current driver and have fittings done for shaft profiles in other clubs in case they win the showdown.

Then all participants will be flying from Carlsbad to Pebble Beach paid for by the powers that be?After checking in and a quick dinner, you can choose to mingle or go to bed.

The next morning everyone wakes up and plays spyglass hill. Instead of the tour players, Callaway and TM employees will fill out the two empty spots. Have to be realistic with the tour players schedules lol. This is more than likely very competitive for the employees as this is their only opportunity to avoid paying for the new clubs. Format tbd. Probably a 2 man scramble.

after playing it’s shower time and then gearing up for a large cookout party between both parties and the 4 tour players. Q & A and mingling with the tour players for as long as they are willing then off to bed. Pairings will be made for singles. Callaway and TM staff would choose.

Day 3 is Singles day at pebble beach. Each group gets a group of tour players. It all leads up to the cup. The tour players vote on the MVP trophy. Winners drink booze out of the cup. It’s a party for the THP’ers. Tour players and staff maybe stay for dinner but they leave eventually. THP’ers party all night.

Day 4 everyone says goodbye and heads home.

Reviews are important but not everything so really available to everyone.

Haven’t decided the selection process. 1 golden ticket eligible per OEM.

ENJOY:D

Oh this is tough... going to have to think about it

What brand(s) do you partner with? Titleist (I'd want this to be full bag, ball, apparel event)

How many participants? Team format, so 2 teams of 6

What course are you partnering with? Kapalua in Maui. I'd want the teams to go and play Kapalua and part of winning would be able to stay for and have passes to the Sentry Tournament of Champions

What time of year? Just before or after the Sentry Tournament so we could play it just before the pros or just after they go through

SWAG planned? Full bag, script, apparel and ball event

All expense paid or cost for entry? All expenses paid, since I'm dreaming here

Most importantly, what’s unique about your event? Play the course, with your gear, then follow the pros as they walk in your footsteps (oh, JT's off the path there right next to where we hit it. That's no bueno)

The dream foursome was awesome as well. But I'm going to need like 30something spots

I like the idea of the full bag fitting at Club Champion, but I would make a few changes.
Fitting takes place before the event, clubs are delivered to event site
Venue - Kaanapali Kai, Maui
4 Albatross members
4 club reps from companies whose clubs are being played
Two days 18 holes per day plus putting contest, pitching/chipping contest - rest of the time includes surfing lessons, snorkeling, sailing
1 Dinner at Roy's, 1 Dinner at Japengo, 1 lunch at Duke's Beach House
Swag - 1 complete outfit Hawaiian theme, 1 complete outfit in Puma Cloudspun,
Time - March
All expense paid.

I saw the latest Spider-Man movie, I know not to f**k with parallel universes

I think if you go with Club Champion you are missing the best part. Get fit by Ian Frasier now part of Club Champion.

Love the idea of a coaching aspect to this! Cool stuff.
Might not be everyones dream event compared to the GD or something but I think an opportunity to work with a SME in coaching a specific aspect IE a “short game guru” would be awesome!

What brand(s) do you partner with? Always have to get Budget Golf involved because everything they do is top shelf! Would also get Golf Pride involved since they are right down the road.

How many participants? 16 (8 teams of 2). 8 THPers are selected, then they chose a partner of their choice! (AC members only)

What course are you partnering with? (Assuming golf is involved) Tobacco Road
Tournament style. Friday is seeding day. 4-9 hole matches Saturday- 18 hole matches Best ball Sunday-27 holes (shamble, Alt shot, Sin city) Monday-18 holes Stroke play
That’s 99 holes of golf in 4 days!!!

What time of year? Labor Day Weekend Friday-Monday

SWAG planned? Golf Pride would give all participants grips for life! 13 grips and 1 putter grip a year for as long as you live.
Budget would supply the prizes and swag (clothing, shoes, backpack)
8th place- 6 doz golf balls
7th place- Range Finder
6th place- Flight Scope Mevo LM
5th place- 3 new wedges plus putter
4th place- $750 BG gift card
3rd place- New driver, fw(s), or hybrid (3 clubs total)
2nd place- Choice of new irons
1st place- 14 new clubs plus bag

All expense paid or cost for entry? We have to make some money. Let’s go the usual THP event fee. $499

Last edited:
Here’s an idea…

The #LunaticFringe Experience
THP meets NLU

Event:
  • Four Teams.
    One THP’er paired with one NLU guy.
  • Two days of matches, filmed vlog style with drone coverage and quick interviews between holes.
  • Closest to the Pin/Long Drive Contests with live giveaways
  • Filmed tour of the Callaway Tour bus
Brand Sponsor: Partnered with Callaway

Course: Bandon Dunes or Whistling Straights in May/June. Couldn’t decide. Sue me! 🤣

SWAG:
Full bag of Callaway clubs
Travis Matthew and Cuater scripting
Cobalt rangefinder
Six dozen golf balls of choice

Cost: $499, includes lodging. (Flights not included)

This is pretty fun with no constraints

Well I would probably start with a great OEM. Let’s say Callaway. Then I’d probably choose a really exclusive course where you probably need a host at. Let’s call him Al and pick an absolute dream course like the hide…..what’s that?…….they already have that?……wow.

okay lol, so in all seriousness let’s do this.

Name:

Showdown in Paradise

Cost:

$599 and transportation to Carlsbad.

OEM’s

:callaway: VS :taylormade:

WHEN:

September

Courses:

Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill

TEAMS:
Team TaylorMade:
Tiger Woods
Colin Morikawa
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU

TEAM CALLAWAY:
Phil Mickelson
Sam Burns
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU
THIS COULD BE YOU

Swag:
Current Driver from company.
Travis Matthew Swag.
Adidas Swag.
Custom Swag headcovers
Pro shop credit.
Balls.
And a whole lot more.

Itenerary:

Come for the ultimate showdown and trip of a lifetime. 12 THP’ers will embark on Carlsbad to settle the score between two billion dollar companies. It’s Taylormade vs Callaway. THP’ers will meet at Ebulition Brew Works for an intro dinner with both OEM’s where pleasantries are exchanged or possibly not. Announcements are made about the tour staffer captains who just finished up the Tour season. The teams are playing for pride, the showdown cup, and the Puttin 4 Bird Memorial MVP trophy and lastly the winning team will be receiving the unreleased equipment lineup from their OEM with the bill being placed on the losing OEM. Maybe at cost but still a huge bill.

Day 1 officially starts with players touring the tour fitting facilities. Team Callaway at ECPC. Team Taylormade at the Kingdom. After various Q and A’s and what not all players will be fit for the current driver and have fittings done for shaft profiles in other clubs in case they win the showdown.

Then all participants will be flying from Carlsbad to Pebble Beach paid for by the powers that be?After checking in and a quick dinner, you can choose to mingle or go to bed.

The next morning everyone wakes up and plays spyglass hill. Instead of the tour players, Callaway and TM employees will fill out the two empty spots. Have to be realistic with the tour players schedules lol. This is more than likely very competitive for the employees as this is their only opportunity to avoid paying for the new clubs. Format tbd. Probably a 2 man scramble.

after playing it’s shower time and then gearing up for a large cookout party between both parties and the 4 tour players. Q & A and mingling with the tour players for as long as they are willing then off to bed. Pairings will be made for singles. Callaway and TM staff would choose.

Day 3 is Singles day at pebble beach. Each group gets a group of tour players. It all leads up to the cup. The tour players vote on the MVP trophy. Winners drink booze out of the cup. It’s a party for the THP’ers. Tour players and staff maybe stay for dinner but they leave eventually. THP’ers party all night.

Day 4 everyone says goodbye and heads home.

Reviews are important but not everything so really available to everyone.

Haven’t decided the selection process. 1 golden ticket eligible per OEM.

ENJOY:D
You thought this through my friend. Love it!

Love the matchups too! Tiger and Lefty. Morikawa and Burns. Sick! You do know this event is unaffordable right? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

You mean $600 won’t cover it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I forgot to preface to get this thing started, it would likely take a THP’er to win the Powerball and be the presenting sponsor for the first few years lol.

THP ProAm

What brand(s) do you partner with?
Callaway
Cobra
Taylormade
Srixon
Mizuno
Titleist

How many participants?
24, 6 Tour staffers one for each OEM, 6 THP staffers, 12 THP Albatross Members

What course are you partnering with?
(Assuming golf is involved)
Cypress Point

What time of year?
Early Spring

SWAG planned?
Each team member will be fully outfitted with a bag of clubs from their teams company. This also includes a tour stand bag. Each member will be custom fit by the fitting team for their respective OEM.

All expense paid or cost for entry? $499

Most importantly, what’s unique about your event?
Each team member will have a boot camp preparing them for this event. A PGA pro will work remotely with each member to help them achieve their goals in golf with lessons and drills prior to the event. Each team member will be fitted by their OEM prior to the event.

This is a 4 day event
Day 1, team practices and drills with new equipment
Day 2, 3 & 4 follow the Ryder Cup format.

Back