Your Warmup Routine

Hydrate
Stretch
Do some swing drills
Hit 5-10 balls on the range, if range is available
Putting Green

30 minutes before tee time? Let's see, this means two blow up holes. How do I want them served? Down the fairways, or on the putting green?\

1) Go pay for my round & pee. 5 minutes.
2) Attach my bag to the cart. Grab a 7 iron and head to the range and go ball scavenging. I need 6 balls to see what my swing is doing today and to loosen up. Who got called to tee off and left half their bucket? Are there any duffed shots close to the mats?
3) Hit a few of those. 5 minutes
4) Head to the putting green and lag putt for 15 minutes then get in the queue.

That's my 30 minute drill. Sue me for scavenging. I'm not paying for a full bucket when I only need a half-dozen balls.

Typically at my home course I'll order a double, drink said double, order another and go take two practice swings before I tee off.

I affectionately call the double "my driving range".

Some times I'll chip and putt for a bit too.

if at home course,
proshop to check in
grab a small bucket and head to range area
stretch
stretch
stretch
hit a few wedges
leave 80% of balls and head to putting green
putt several
head to tee box.

Not at home course,
proshop to check in
stretch
stretch
stretch
Putting green
head to tee box
swing a 6 iron a few times to try and loosen up before first tee shot

I typically head to a course an hour before. 30 min is rushing!

stop at the bar
roll a few on the green
figure out the game and stakes for the day
beverage refill
go

While waiting for the cart staff to bring out the carts, grab the 7i, do a few stretches then a couple of practice swings with it. Put it away and grab the driver for a few practice swings with it. Carts come out so go wipe down the cart with Clorox wipes, saddle up the bag, grab the putter and go stroke about 6 putts to get a feel for the speed, hoping the practice green is representative of the greens out on the course. Since my tee time is 6:45AM there is no hitting balls as the range isn't open until at least 7:00. No chipping as the green adjacent to the pro shop is for putting only; chipping greens are at the far end of the range. When it's time, drive to the first tee. Put the ball on a tee, two practice swings then pull the trigger. And I wonder why some days I get off to a slow start! :D

The only time arrive 30 minutes before tee time is for a tournament round. On those rare occasions, I will roll some putts then hot 10 or 12 balls then roll a few more putts if a little time is still remaining.

For all other rounds, I arrive 5 - 10 minutes before tee time. Check-in at the pro shop then stretch for a couple of minutes at the first tee box then we are off.

30 mins? that's tough..
20 mins- I'm going with a small bucket and a 9 iron, the last 5-10 balls I'll hit my driver.
10 mins- putt
And not a second to spare to get to the tee box.

grab a drink (either beer, firefly/lemonade, gatorade, etc), swing a few 7 irons to get loose, swing a few drivers fast to warm up more, chip and putt until I am up.

At the course I play at most of the time, the range is not near the 1st hole/clubhouse so 30 minutes doesn't really give you a whole lot of time. Even if it was right there, I might hit 5-10 balls just to see if I can hit the club face and see if im playing a draw that day or not.

I try to hydrate, stretch, then hit a few 9i, 8i, 6i to warm up, then a few with a hybrid and finally my driver.

I'll then go to the putting green to try to get a feel for putting that day

Whip, get water/soda, see if I have any balls, chat with the pros/staff, load the round on my app, whip, roll a couple, tee it up. If it looks really different than I'm used to I'll maybe chip a couple to get a feel for the turf.

I used to go through a whole routine hitting balls and stuff, but I just don't have the swings with how often I've been playing.

Are you one of "Those Guys" who show up 5 minutes before tee time rushing around.

Not one of “those guys”, I’ll be on the 1st tee ready to go at the tee time...drink in hand!

I figured you as a "meet you on the 2nd tee" kind of guy :ROFLMAO:

We all know I show up late to important dates like missing the bus to Al’s house, but you have to agree I was in better shape than @Putterbutter on day 2 of the Titleist event after a night out with myself, @Wildcat4life and @KY Golfer

Stand around chatting whilst drinking my coffee.

3 or 4 practice swings with the driver and it's game on.

Few chips from various lies & roll 6-10 putts then head to the first tee box.

Cocktail / shot
Pain meds
37 range balls
Putting green
Cocktail / shot
Tee it high and let it fly

I am a strong believer in stretching so I contort my body so that all of me fits into the side pocket of my cart bag..... once that's been achieved and I manage to escape, the body is ready for anything. Pass the Advil.

Small bucket. Start with either a 7 or 8 iron hitting 3/4 swings, working up to full swings until I'm comfortable with things. Then onto driver to make sure I'm as loose as possible and know where it's going. Then partial wedge shots & onto the putting/chipping green for the rest of the time. I rarely use the entire small bucket. Finally, swing either my orange whip if I remember it or a driver with a donut a few times before I tee off on #1.

Stretching is the big thing for me. Most of the courses we play do not have a range. So stretch and then hit a few putts. I use a weighted club to try and my stiff shoulders a little loose

As I start my first IPA of the day, love the posts about going to the bar first but I've never had a drink on the course.

My winter golf, age and then covid has helped me build a great routine. I do a golf fitness routine 3 days a week and lift weights or run the other days.
On a golf day, I do a light version of my golf fitness routine. This gets my shoulders, hips, legs and such all warmed up. During my abreviated workout I work on my putting.

So after the drive to the course I just putt and chip most often. Sometimes will hit balls but honestly not required. The workout at home has me more warmed up then the old routine of hitting 30 balls.

Putting, chipping and short wedge shots.

10 minute stretch, 5 minutes chipping at the range, 8 minutes wedge and iron shots, 2 minutes for a few drives, 5 minutes putting. Nice and easy with eveything.

Try to hit opening tee shot 400 yards and slice ob, shoot 102 and go shame eat a burger and milk shake before spending the rest of the day reading swing tips on THP.

Stretch before I leave the house.

Range time for 10-15 minutes. Not worried about quality of shots as much as I am about getting loosened up. Hit a handful of half-swing sand wedge shots, then a few full swing. Hit the majority of my range balls remaining with an 8-iron. Save a few at the end for some longer clubs, depending on what I’ll be hitting more of that day - hybrid, 3-wood, driver, a mix, etc.

Remaining time (10-15 min or so) spent at putting green. Not just mindlessly putting, but putting with a purpose. Drop three balls on the same line - one 3-5 feet out, another 6-8 feet out, last 10-12 feet out. Hit all 3 at same cup, then do the same process at a different angle to same cup. Eventually make my way all around the same cup. After that, work my way out a bit, 15-20 foot range. Then make sure to hit a few of putts to get a feel.

Then off to the 1st tee.

probably 10-15 minutes putting and chipping and the rest hitting some wedges to groove a nice tempo for the day

Back