You're cruising on the interstate for a couple hours, what lane are you in?

Which lane are you in a majority of the time?

• Lane 1

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Lane 2

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • Lane 3

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Lane 4

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • all of them pretty equal

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
The farthest right lane as possible save passing. Going through urban areas will choose a middle or left lane to bypass the merging/exiting traffic. Quit riding in the left lane people!

If you are from the midwest and traveling in FL, you are in the left lane, with the cruise control set well below the speed limit.
@McLovin knows.

I'm staying out of Lane 1 that's for damned sure, especially if it is only 2 lanes in each direction. In that type freeway, I'm in 2 or 3.

1. Passing
  2. Cruising faster than I should be
  3. Slower cruising
  4. Enter/exit

I’m from the Midwest and in the left lane trying to pass everyone

1. Passing
  2. Cruising faster than I should be
  3. Slower cruising
  4. Enter/exit

Agreed. I find myself driving 80 in a 75 which in the Midwest requires at least lane 2 but more than likely strictly lane 1.

I generally cruise in lane 2 popping over into 1 to pass.

if I have my daughter in the car lane 3.

Lane 1, sometimes Lane 2 when passing.

Ah , you guys drive on the wrong side of the road ….. to start of with :ROFLMAO:

that would be opposite orientation here , as are cars driver position.

we would over take on the right and the slower vehicle would be in left hand lane ( in our terms)

so whatever lane allows you to do speed limit an let those who want to go faster pass you do so..:)

Generally I'm in lane 2. I try to follow someone who is going about 8-10 over.

Lane 2. OSP usually leaves you alone going 7-8 mph over, left if I have a clear view both in front and back and need to get somewhere.

Around Dallas loops, it's Lane 1 or 2 going 80-85 and upwards to 100 to get ahead of cloggers. I don't want to, I am compelled to ...

Im the guy in lane 1 passing everyone lol! I like to be going 5-10 mph faster than the flow of traffic but 10-15 over the speed limit. If traffic is flying and I dont want to go that fast, I will select lane 2 or 3 and go at my chosen speed.

If Im cruising in Lane 1 and someone comes behind me wanting to pass, I move over.

I had to be different and chose "other", Maine has no 4 lane roads. 😎

If you are from the midwest and traveling in FL, you are in the left lane, with the cruise control set well below the speed limit.
@McLovin knows.

i scream at those people multiple times a day, 7 days a week

Around town, I'm in the left lane 95% of the time. I drive faster than most, therefore I'm almost passing people constantly.
If someone wants to do over 80 and pass me, I'll move over and let them go.
Driving from CLE to FL, I'd be in lane 2 in the picture mostly.
Not everyone in the Midwest sits in the left lane going slow.
I will admit, a lot of Ohio drivers do this. I pass them as fast as I can.
I drive to Cincy in less than 3 hours without traffic issues.

@McLovin knows.
Truth!

Lane 1 all the way. If I get a ticket, I'll pay it.

Lane 3... unless there are dinosaur races going on... then lane 2 until I pass them then back to lane 3

@McLovin knows.

100% accurate. The midwest drivers are slow, which I became painfully aware becoming a MN resident again in 2018 after living in CA from 1998-2018 and logging over 40,000 miles per year there. In California and Florida, the Interstate traffic moves at 80+ mph when it's not rush hour.

Most of my freeway/highway driving is now off-peak on uncrowded roads, and I generally set my cruise at 10-14 mph over the speed limit and stay out of the left lane except to pass. When driving from Fort Myers to Naples, I'll have many drivers pass me when my cruise is set at 82 mph, and I'll sometimes tag along behind one of the speed demons if I have my radar detector with me. :)

Back