Yuengling x Texas

i remember when you couldn’t get it in MA and i’d bring it back as a novelty

I did the same with Coors in Texas. I'd buy it in Dallas to bring to College Station (A&M) for guys in the dorm.

Very good. Yeungling is a damn good beer. Maybe not if you are into fruity and hoppy stuff, but if you want an honest and affordable beer that tastes like actual beer, it is a very solid choice.
This.

It’s no Shiner, but it’s a good drinking beer.

This.

It’s no Shiner, but it’s a good drinking beer.

I will go Shiner over Yuengling every time also. Unfortunately, in south GA, I do not have the Shiner option very often.

Yuengling is the perfect beer for mowing the grass, raking leaves, shoveling snow, when you’re happy, when you’re sad, parties, relaxing, tailgating, couchgating, birthday parties, weddings, golf, yard games, video games, etc.

I like yuengling and it’s readily available here. It was the main course at friends bachelor party many years ago...have you even lived if you haven’t downed too many yuenglings while tubing down a slow moving river, toasting the impending nuptials of a good buddy with 15 of your best friends?

I thought yeungling was disgusting . I got one the first time I was in the Midwest because of the hype. It’s skunky swill.

yuengling is bud for people who don't want to drink bud

Concur.

The measure passes. It beats the hell out of your everyday Coors/Millers/Bud, but it’s not a craft beer. For an everyday beer though it’s much better than the other swill in that price range.

Great explanation. I concur too. It’s better than the usual mass produced American Lager but it’s nothing special. I wouldn’t pass one up if offered one.

Not sure what all they’re bringing to Texas, but I really like their black & tan and they have a new Pilsner that’s great in the summer.
1610854958664.jpeg

Not sure what all they’re bringing to Texas, but I really like their black & tan and they have a new Pilsner that’s great in the summer.
View attachment 8988742

Black and Tan, always a great choice.

I mean until I became a beer snob (more diet than beer snobbery, I get a couple a week so I make them count), these were great. They still are.

My perception has just changed some.

Black and Tan, always a great choice.

I mean until I became a beer snob (more diet than beer snobbery, I get a couple a week so I make them count), these were great. They still are.

My perception has just changed some.
I can appreciate that. My fridge usually contains some Yuengling and a small sampling of craft brews. You’ll never confuse the two, but that’s not who Yuengling is trying to be.

Highly recommend the Yuengling tour for anyone making their way through the keystone state.

I can appreciate that. My fridge usually contains some Yuengling and a small sampling of craft brews. You’ll never confuse the two, but that’s not who Yuengling is trying to be.

Highly recommend the Yuengling tour for anyone making their way through the keystone state.

My fridge sadly contains beer that has people I need to send it out to with their name on it with a post it.

Oh wait. I still have 5 Fox and the Stouts in there that aren’t spoken for. I’m thinking one more might not kill me tonight?

I’m certain I’ll find out.

Wait, what’s this thread about?

Sorry I am a human derailment waiting to happen. Done. @ me in the beer thread if needed, 😂

I would absolutely drink a Yuengling over a bud or Miller.
I'd almost drink untreated sewer water over a Bud though, so that's not saying much.:LOL: I've only had Yuengling once (black & tan), and I liked it. Definitely several notches above Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. in the beer hierarchy, IMO.

Its $6.98 for a 16oz 6 pack at Wally World...its OK very over-rated.

I think Yeungling is a solid beer. It is a bit overhyped IMO, but I definitely enjoy it.

Its no Shiner though :)
^^^^ THIS ^^^^....
Yes, I know, I do not drink, but i remember when i did. I started drinking Yeungling when the step Daughter was in Florida State. /When she was buying her own, it was Natty Light but when she was home and out by the pool with us, I would ask what she wanted when i went to the store and hit was Yeungling....pretty good, but its not Shiner

I like Yuengling, probably more so when I live somewhere that does have it. It’s always been a deal to bring some back when we travel east. I’ll still buy it when they start selling it it.

Yuengling is drinkable. I think there are much better beer choices in Texas like Shiner, Ziegenbock, St. Arnold's that you can get just about everywhere. When I drink Yuengling it's usually because I'm working in the NE

For a light beer, Yuengling Light is a good choice. Way better than a Bud Light or Miller Lite.

I like yuengling and it’s readily available here. It was the main course at friends bachelor party many years ago...have you even lived if you haven’t downed too many yuenglings while tubing down a slow moving river, toasting the impending nuptials of a good buddy with 15 of your best friends?
:ROFLMAO:

Where in from swap Yeungling for Shiner and it’s the same story. Hahaha

I think its a great cheap beer. Tastes way better than the Bud/Miller mega brands. I'll get a case for family vacations where i'm likely to be day drinking a lot.

Back