Yururi Raw Gekku Wedge - Review Thread

Selasmit

Scholar of the game...
Reaction score
Handicap
Recently I started a thread asking for suggestions for wedges that could create a higher spin than my current Cobra Trusty Rustys. I was already leaning towards a Nakashima NP-1 as I have played that wedge a few times from my playing partners bag and can spin it like there is no tomorrow.

There was a lot of love for the Mack Daddy 2 wedges, and I'll admit, the mouse cursor hovered above the "Add to Cart" button on a MD2 many times following these suggestions, however (luckily) another wedge was suggested, and immediatly it was love at first sight!

Enter the Yururi Raw Gekku wedge from Japan!

Everything I read about this wedge just made me lust for it more and more. "It spins the cover straight off the ball...", "The Raw finish grips the ball and really rips it...", and my personal favourite, "If God designed a wedge to rip it and still look amazing, the Yururi is that wedge"!!

And so my mind was made up, I HAD to have one of these for my bag.

At 1:30am last wednesday I bit the bullet, and at 4:30pm today my new pride and joy arrived.

The first thing that stands out about this wedge is the outstanding craftmanship involved in its manufacture. I mean, the wedge is hand made, and there isnt a single whisker out of place! The texture of the raw finish is unquestionably the sexiest finish on any club I have ever seen. EVER!!!! The square grooves look really well machined and the texture of the face with these grooves is sure to generate a hell of a lot of spin.

I have chosen to team the head with a KBS Black Nickel Wedge shaft (I play KBS shafts in all my irons) and a Dance with Dragons grip from Japan. As soon as these 2 components get here I will drop them off to get built and throw up some feedback on how it performs.

Stay tuned for more of my journey into JDM gear!

photo1_zpsbd41b19e.jpg

photo2_zpsd3b29f61.jpg

photo5_zps636e90bf.jpg

photo4_zpsc442663a.jpg

photo3_zps8f4585bd.jpg

That is the prettiest thing I've seen in a while!! :)

The pics don't even come close to doing it justice. Not... even.... close!!!

I've looked at them on TOURSPEC GOLF and they're gorgeous, I just couldn't/wouldn't game a non conforming club. I'm not wanting an argument so please everyone, don't waste yours and my time. It's a beautiful club and I look forward to reading the review. Enjoy!

I've looked at them on TOURSPEC GOLF and they're gorgeous, I just couldn't/wouldn't game a non conforming club. I'm not wanting an argument so please everyone, don't waste yours and my time. It's a beautiful club and I look forward to reading the review. Enjoy!

Luckily I dont have any problem gaming NC grooves this side of 2024, so I get to put somthing this pretty in the bag! haha

That's a good looking club! Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

What's that thing run. Do want

No more expensive than your standard vokey if you order from certain spots online. Fairwaygolfusa is by fair the cheapest place I have found them. I think they were 129 a piece shafted up with a dynamic gold shaft and a basic grip. Still waiting on my set of five (got a bunch of loft combinations) to come in should be here this week

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I use to frequent tourspec for a number of years, it's where i got my irons/wedges, and those Tururi wedges have always been a looker as it a lot of other options over there.

Look forward to seeing how they play.

Very pretty looking wedge with a black shaft that thing will look great

Hopefully it won't be too long till the shaft and grip get here so I can get this thing built!

I like the looks of that! Intersted to see how the finish holds up.

I recently bought 2 Yururi Raw Gekku wedges online, was promised they were authentic.
The first time I hit one from the bunker the black scraped away on the face to reveal silver steel below.

I have had black irons before and while they fade they never ever have the black scrape away.

There are other issues with these too.
I am trying to find contact details for the maker or any other defining detail of the club.
I use Akira irons and I think each iron has a unique identity number, should these too?

Back