ZBeekner4’s Journey to the 2019 Grandaddy

Played in a scramble today and some of my new lesson tips have started to click. Hard to tell what I would’ve shot by myself but I was just happy to see things coming together.

Less than 7 weeks and a round like today got me really stoked. Can’t freaking wait!!

Alright so a bit of a personal update. I have officially accepted a job in southern Connecticut just outside NYC and we’ve unofficially sold our house in Georgia and plan to move the weekend before thanksgiving.

I have a start date of December 9th, the Monday after I get back from paradise :cool:. So I’m gonna be getting in a good bit of golf between now and when we move but then likely won’t hit a ball during thanksgiving week as we will be in Maine visiting the in-laws for the holiday. So I’ll likely fly out of Maine directly to sunny Southern California for the big event!

Alright so a bit of a personal update. I have officially accepted a job in southern Connecticut just outside NYC and we’ve unofficially sold our house in Georgia and plan to move the weekend before thanksgiving.

I have a start date of December 9th, the Monday after I get back from paradise :cool:. So I’m gonna be getting in a good bit of golf between now and when we move but then likely won’t hit a ball during thanksgiving week as we will be in Maine visiting the in-laws for the holiday. So I’ll likely fly out of Maine directly to sunny Southern California for the big event!
Congrats on the new gig! Condolences on playing less golf in the winter months.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Just in time for winter, though. I look forward to teeing it up with you when the weather turns! Paging @hambone1023 as well...

How long until you know about the house, for sure?

Congrats brother! Welcome to the NE. @BriMac..... I'm here buddy. We will tee it up soon!

Congrats! Just in time for winter, though. I look forward to teeing it up with you when the weather turns! Paging @hambone1023 as well...
Congrats brother! Welcome to the NE. @BriMac..... I'm here buddy. We will tee it up soon!
Yea for sure excited to hang out and get some golf in with you guys! Also The company I’ll be working for has a trackman bay inside their clinic for training/generating revenue in winter so that’s my plan to keep from going nuts in the snow:LOL:

How long until you know about the house, for sure?

Well we accepted their offer and completed the inspection already so as long as everything goes as planned, well close on November 21st!

2 rounds in 2 days is pretty good for me! 77 and 78 which just dropped my trend cap from 4.8 to 4.0.

The new swing thoughts from my lessons have started to take hold and I’m feeling much more comfortable. Still have some old tendencies that come out at some inopportune times and ruined some good holes. I’m really getting excited for the grandaddy now. Swing starting to feel good, and playing well.

So some updates. First off, thank you to anyone out there that’s still following this thread and my journey. We’re winding down 2019 and that means December will be here before we know it. I have been working on my goals and I’m really happy with where my game is at leading up to the event.

My lessons have really helped me understand what was causing my miss and what to work on daily to improve that miss. I definitely regressed post-lesson but that’s expected.
Now I’m feeling like I’m taking 3 steps forward as I’m getting more and more comfortable with the changes. Just an awesome feeling to have found consistency and with a sound swing before the greatest golf event of my life.

For those still reading, thank you again for sticking with me as I ramble on. Friday is going to be cold with an 8:27am tee time but I’m excited to play. I’ll be using the live update thread for pics and tracking my score (Fingers crossed its a decent one).

Lastly, please comment or let me know if y’all have any questions or want to know anything at all. I’m an open book and want y’all to be excited to follow along the real journey in December!

Latest handicap is at 4.0 and update is trending to 4.2. I figured it would drop with a few really good rounds as of late but my even par round from May got pushed out so didn’t really change the cap much. I’m thinking I’m down to about 3 or 4 more rounds before the event only because my best friend is getting married and we’re playing during the bachelor party as well as the morning of the rehearsal dinner.

I enjoyed using the live update thread to get some practice in using the THP mobile suite. It’s very easy to do. @j_sizzle9 brought up a great point that taking the picture while inside the mobile suite can be risky because if you accidentally press delete before posting, the picture isn’t saved anywhere else.

In an upcoming round, I’m going to test out using giphy since uploading videos can be a little more time-consuming.

Fun to read...so excited for you. I know the work you out into your game before being selected, glad you’re desire to improve hasn’t diminished.

Fun to read...so excited for you. I know the work you out into your game before being selected, glad you’re desire to improve hasn’t diminished.
Thanks man. Glad to see you following my thread. I still vividly remember following your journey. Crazy to see it all come full circle.

Some homemade Gifs from my last round. Hopefully they turned out alright.
95C7A8F5-3433-4D15-857D-6D7D605416AF.gif
92FFDE86-E469-4C80-9E4A-BD96DDB2D546.gif

Nice job on the gifs - all facets (swing, forum update game) coming together nicely! You are going to kill it.

Nice job on the gifs - all facets (swing, forum update game) coming together nicely! You are going to kill it.
Thanks. Glad they turned out ok.

Playing Saturday in Asheville at the Omni course there for my buddy’s bachelor weekend and hopefully get a few more gifs and pics to post for practice.

I’m going to save that iron swing Gif as motivation. Someday that’ll be me!

Alright 18 holes this morning for my buddy’s bachelor weekend. Course is Omni in Asheville, NC. No range at all so we’ll see if we can get the ball rolling well early. Might try to post some updates in the live thread....

Have a great round. No pressure. Just relaxing play.

Following along. Good stuff. Nice to have the trip of a lifetime around moving to help ease the stress.

Following along. Good stuff. Nice to have the trip of a lifetime around moving to help ease the stress.
Ain’t that the truth!!

A little late with the latest updates but got to play Friday morning for my buddy’s wedding at a private CC where the rehearsal dinner was held.

Horseshoe Bend was the name so this was sitting in the middle of the putting green which was

3ADBD7E9-A7FD-4B14-8B17-160A1979D862.jpeg

Played really well on the front and while I didn’t play poorly on the back, scores were very different. Proud of this front 9 even par round. Ended with a 78 though...36/42 with one double, and a handful of bogeys. Nothing terrible but missed a few greens in the wrong spot and made it difficult to save pars

92874B80-9613-4D37-9B9D-E0C02F2DEF0A.jpeg

It was a great way to end my last round before the grandaddy. Swing felt really good and it’s nice that everything has clicked enough where I don’t have 10 swing thoughts going. Lessons certainly paid off in spades. Gonna work on putting and chipping indoors the next week and then on a plane in 5!!

Coming in sharp and ready to break some #ZooCrew hearts. Love it!

Thanks to everyone who followed along on my journey. Getting in the grandaddy really encouraged me to work on my game, get lessons, and become more consistent in my prep for the greatest golf experience of my life.

I can’t believe I was selected almost 7 months ago. It is finally here. The friendships, the swag, the fitting, Al’s house, the hideaway, the sliders, all of it. It’s here. Im so excited and honored to bring this event to THP this year and I promise I won’t let you guys down.

Thanks again.

Here...we...go!

Back