ZeroFit Heatrub Ultimate Cold Weather Gear

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice write up molten.

The sizing thing is really weird to me that they wouldn’t be consistent.

The ultimate seems to check all the boxes for me in regards to a base layer

Nice write up Gary.

The Ultimate sounds like it might cause some discomfort from chafing, but if not it could be a really good option for the winters.

The sizing thing is strange.

I like the idea of the different base layers (I have a couple different thickness ones myself) but have a couple of questions

How do the sleeves react when another long sleeve top is worn over them? One of my base layers seems to snag on the 1/4 zip sleeves meaning that it can become slightly twisted and uncomfortable until you get both layers how you like them (now I make a habit of holding the end of the base layer sleeve whilst I pull the 1/4 zip on to try and prevent any twisting of the sleeves)

Assuming you have the correct size, how long are these in the body? Personal preference but I like mine to be slightly longer so that there is no chance of them coming untucked underneath whatever golf polo I am wearing

Interesting product with its many different fabrics and skin right fit. With such a snug fit I’m wondering how much movement against your skin there really is.

Interesting product with its many different fabrics and skin right fit. With such a snug fit I’m wondering how much movement against your skin there really is.

My thoughts exactly. It’s also a claim that is going to be really, really hard to verify. But I’ll give it a try!

And it’s a really snug fit - I looked in the mirror and thought I needed to hit the gym.

I like the idea of the different base layers (I have a couple different thickness ones myself) but have a couple of questions

How do the sleeves react when another long sleeve top is worn over them? One of my base layers seems to snag on the 1/4 zip sleeves meaning that it can become slightly twisted and uncomfortable until you get both layers how you like them (now I make a habit of holding the end of the base layer sleeve whilst I pull the 1/4 zip on to try and prevent any twisting of the sleeves)

Assuming you have the correct size, how long are these in the body? Personal preference but I like mine to be slightly longer so that there is no chance of them coming untucked underneath whatever golf polo I am wearing

I’ll check on the quarter zip over the base layer issue. I think the ultimate will do fine but I’m not sure on the Move.

Both sizes are basically to the belt with little extra fabric. I’m with you in that I like it to stay tucked in. The ultimate did stay tucked in so far (again need to test again on course) but the Move did not.

My thoughts exactly. It’s also a claim that is going to be really, really hard to verify. But I’ll give it a try!

And it’s a really snug fit - I looked in the mirror and thought I needed to hit the gym.

With a skin tight fit at least it won’t add to the girth :D. I wear skin tight clothing in the winter so that I’m not hindered when I swing. And it doesn’t move, so I’ll be following your progress. I want something like this if it’s going to keep me warm.

Nice review I hadn't heard of this company. The sensation of putting something on covered in lotion isn't really appealing even if it keeps me warm haha. Not a fan of the mock turtleneck in either design honestly and the fact that the sizing is inconsistent leads me to believe they may not have their sh#t together just yet.

Nice review I hadn't heard of this company. The sensation of putting something on covered in lotion isn't really appealing even if it keeps me warm haha. Not a fan of the mock turtleneck in either design honestly and the fact that the sizing is inconsistent leads me to believe they may not have their sh#t together just yet.

Oh come on! Where’s you sense of adventure and wonder?! The lotion line was intended to convey its very soft when you first put it on.

But yeah, the neck and sizing differences were surprising but not necessarily deal breakers for me.

Oh come on! Where’s you sense of adventure and wonder?! The lotion line was intended to convey its very soft when you first put it on.

But yeah, the neck and sizing differences were surprising but not necessarily deal breakers for me.

Gotcha, so like a Puffs Kleenex with lotion? Super soft, got it. I wouldn't say deal breakers, but when ordering clothing online I would look at a company's sizing chart maybe once, I would expect sizing for that company to be the same throughout its entire line not change per product.

Gotcha, so like a Puffs Kleenex with lotion? Super soft, got it. I wouldn't say deal breakers, but when ordering clothing online I would look at a company's sizing chart maybe once, I would expect sizing for that company to be the same throughout its entire line not change per product.

Agreed on the sizing. I was baffled until I found the sizing charts. To ZeroFit’s credit, the information is all right there to check and they have several measurements to check before ordering. It’s just more work than I’m used to and candidly more than I want to do when ordering.

The thought process behind the ultimate is interesting. Having dry skin I'd be interested to see what may happen with extended contact, however I use most mid weight layers through the coldest part of the year. One advantage to being husky I suppose. The Move does sound like something more up my alley. Great piece, Molten!

Seems like a good product other than maybe the sizing issue. I could see easily substituting this to what I wear as a base layer. I like the higher collar neck.

This will be good for War Eagle the 11 months out of the year it isn't 95° every day.

Looks like a quality product. It doesn’t look like there is anyway to currently purchase outside of the UK or Europe. I’d like to try one of the tops and compare it to the high end base layers I have from Patagonia and Smartwool but it looks like I’ll have to wait until they open their US website.

Sounds like a decent product. Is it marketed specifically to golfers? Other than what may or may not be the innovative "rub" technology what sets it apart from other compression base layers?

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

It's in the 40's here this morning.. I'm interested in new cold weather gear and this has my attention!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a decent product. Is it marketed specifically to golfers? Other than what may or may not be the innovative "rub" technology what sets it apart from other compression base layers?

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

I’d say fabric choice is the main differentiating feature.

Looks like a quality product. It doesn’t look like there is anyway to currently purchase outside of the UK or Europe. I’d like to try one of the tops and compare it to the high end base layers I have from Patagonia and Smartwool but it looks like I’ll have to wait until they open their US website.

US site is coming at some point but I’m not in the know on any specifics.

Man, fall never happened. Guess I’ll be trying the Ultimate this weekend!

The ultimate is going on course this morning. Feels like 38 at tee time - let’s go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The zerofit ultimate was really great - highly recommended. It kept me really warm with just the base layer while the rest of my group had jackets on. Can’t say that the threads created any extra heat but the fabric is soft and warm.

Skin tight is an understatement and it didn’t move around or produce any irritation. Wind was 30+ mph gusts with 18 sustained and I barely noticed. The sun being out helped but it was 40 at tee time and 49 when I walked off.

The mock neck size is my only complaint. It is just too big but I’ll look past it if it keeps me that warm.

The zerofit ultimate was really great - highly recommended. It kept me really warm with just the base layer while the rest of my group had jackets on. Can’t say that the threads created any extra heat but the fabric is soft and warm.

Skin tight is an understatement and it didn’t move around or produce any irritation. Wind was 30+ mph gusts with 18 sustained and I barely noticed. The sun being out helped but it was 40 at tee time and 49 when I walked off.

The mock neck size is my only complaint. It is just too big but I’ll look past it if it keeps me that warm.

Sounds like a winner. Do you wore just the zerofit and a polo?

What’s the price on the Ultimate and how is it with the swing? Any limitations?

Back