A Canadian's Winter Golf Experience

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Today was the best day of Golf I've ever had. In 1* F Weather, and about... 2 Ft of snow. Today I went to Golf Town looking to buy some apparel for the upcoming season.. (about 3 months away) Instead we walked into a huge boxing week sale and I came out with an impulse buy. I bought a Cobra Speed Pro 15* 3 wood. I just decided I wanted one today. It was regular $269.00 and I got it for $140.00. Lange came out with an 08 Vokey for $100.00

Eager to try out clubs, we decided we were going to go to the Driving range. It's an outdoor place with heated bays. In Winnipeg though, that's still friggen cold. When we got there, we walked in to find the place completely renovated nicely. With a Sushi Restuarant, 10 Virtual golf bays indoors, and then basically an indoor driving range with garage doors that open up to hit into. It was incredibly warm.

After that, we decided to play 9 holes of virtual golf, which was actually amazingly realistic. All of the yardages were very accurate. We played Pinehurst #2. A long course. Wish I had pictures for you guys, but my phone didn't take pictures and Lange lost his.

All in all it was a great day of golf for a Canadian. And that's all I have to say about that.

This takes me back to my scouting days...you get the award today. Congratulations you toughie!

zerohero.jpg
ZeroHero.gif

Yep, we were troopers today. Hitting into snow is the coolest thing ever.

the coolest thing ever.

I imagine so!

Ha ha, so punny.
(And hey...for future reference to impress your English teacher, it's "trouper." :wink:)

Congrats Dent. Sounds like a good day.

Congrats Dent. Sounds like a good day.

Thanks JB, it just makes me pretty happy that there is a possibility of us Canadians golfing besides traveling.

Ps- I kind of feel i got ripped off on that 3 wood, after visiting other sites (although those are in $US) they all seem cheaper than what I paid.

Thanks JB, it just makes me pretty happy that there is a possibility of us Canadians golfing besides traveling.

Ps- I kind of feel i got ripped off on that 3 wood, after visiting other sites (although those are in $US) they all seem cheaper than what I paid.

yes, but club in hand.. factor in customs and shipping, you did ok by supporting your local shops

They are getting rid of that liine now, but if you like it, and you have it, enjoy it.

They are getting rid of that liine now, but if you like it, and you have it, enjoy it.

I still got a steal I think, If i were to buy online I would have payed probably an extra hundred. How come they are discontinuing it?

I might be wrong here, but IIRC, they are getting rid of that entire line. They are moving out their new stuff next month. This is strictly by memory. If amollerud signs on tonight, he will know the full details.

I might be wrong here, but IIRC, they are getting rid of that entire line. They are moving out their new stuff next month. This is strictly by memory. If amollerud signs on tonight, he will know the full details.

Thanks for the info. BTW: Also tried the X 3 wood you have in the bag there. I found it to be really stiff. Felt like I was swinging a 2x4. Also It has really really low launch. Do you find the same?

To me, the launch is low to mid. I put a graphite design Aura in it and am enjoying it more. Those shafts will be out soon, and for the money are pretty solid. We will have a review up on the front page next week or so on them.

Definately was a manitobians dream golf day in mid winter!! i had a blast lol, shopping all day golfing by night really enjoyed myself. Found a nice wedge that i already have fell in love with.

As for the 3 wood Dent bought, he didn't slice or hook once while using it! So big ups to him:banana:

Cobra has stopped the production of the speed line of drivers and fairway woods. They are replacing them with a new S9 line. They are still going to use the "speed tuned" shaft fitting but will no longer have different heads to go with it. There will be the "game improvement" head and a tour head. They felt if they offered fewer heads with more shaft options the public would benifit. Hope that helps.

Back