AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
i was recently introduced to a company that makes custom clubs called scratch golf. i am mainly interested in a wedge because they offer so many different grinds and customization opportunities. it would be tight to have a custom lob wedge made just for me cuz i seem to use that club the most other than my putter. anybody have a review or know much about the company?

Scratch wedges are supposedly some of the best out there. I tried them out recently but only got to hit about 8 balls. They were a friend of mine's clubs. He is sold on them. I was unsure, but again it was only after 8 balls.

I can tell you that Ari Techner, owner of the company is a great guy and people can call him direct and chat right with him about his products. I had a great conversation with him recently.

YOu can find his contact info as well as tons of other stuff right here
http://scratchgolf.com/contact.php

You can get full customization from Ping and Eidolon wedges as well. The man I bought my clubs from, does custom grinding, and has been the Ping clubfitter of the year (nationally) 3 or 4 times.

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews for Scratch golf, they are a bit spendy though.

I use my lob wedge a ton too.

what is the price range. like 200ish?

They have a lot of different products, but when I have looked at them, most of them had an MSRP of $199.99

mmk thanks. christmas present christmas present christmas present haha

I would definately hit them before you plunk down cash on them. Wedges are about feel and are not perfect for everyone. I found that the Miura wedges felt the best of anything I have ever hit.

true story. the only wedge i will hit is the vokeys. i love them, but i am either going to get the face refinished and the head restored on my 58 or just get a new wedge altogether

Why is it the only wedge you will hit? Have you tried all the others? Why the interest in Scratch if you will only hit Vokeys? Just curious I guess.

i have tried most other big company wedges and the vokeys felt the softest for me and i really feel like i can control distance well with them. just interested in scratch because the friend that told me about the wedges raved about them and told me i should at least hit one on the range. it is the first time that somebody has recommended a wedge to me because wedges are a personal thing as you know, and there isnt necessarily a better wedge. unfortunately that friend is a club pro in ft. lauderdale, where i used to live. i love the vokeys but i would like to try a scratch wedge

I would definately hit them before you plunk down cash on them. Wedges are about feel and are not perfect for everyone. I found that the Miura wedges felt the best of anything I have ever hit.

I will second the Miura's... even though I like scratch wedges. Scratch actually owns Hilton Head National as well as a few other courses. I talked to one of the course pros last week when I was there and was able to look at the different grinds and get fitted for them. Not sure I am ready for a 200 dollar wedge though... especially since I would want 3 or 4 different lofts.

only downfall is you need to know a lot about your game and your swing. grinds can be a dicey subject to tackle because you could end up with a minor swing change that could spell disaster with a specific grind.

I will second the Miura's... even though I like scratch wedges.

I did some research on Mr. Miura and found out a lot about his clubs and stuff like that. just wondering why you and JB like miuras best out of everything

I did some research on Mr. Miura and found out a lot about his clubs and stuff like that. just wondering why you and JB like miuras best out of everything

Reputation for one. Secondly... a custom Scratch wedge for a mid handicap like myself doesnt make sense... My swing changes too often.

If you ever get a chance to hit a Miura wedge or iron... the feel are second to none.

Tin Cup is right. They are the epitome of a wedge like Scotty Cameron is a putter. They are not for everyone, and right now, I play Vokeys (although I recently hit the CG14 and loved it.

On a side note, Miura has some limited edition putters coming out here soon that are amazing.

i may have to get a wedge head off of ebay and throw a shaft in it

Back