Virgin Airlines - Who's Flown

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Flying out to San Diego in July for a week. Flight on AA direct for 4 tickets with tax is about $1,600. Add the $25 a bag times 4 that's $100 each way times 2, so $1,800 total.

Now I can fly Virgin Airlines for just over $1,000 for 4, no bag fees but I have to fly into LAX and then drive down to San Diego (La Jolla), about 2 hours. $800 is a big difference so wanted to see who on the site has flown Virgin Airlines? Thoughts? Experience? I've heard good things but wanted more details.

Thanks!

Flying out to San Diego in July for a week. Flight on AA direct for 4 tickets with tax is about $1,600. Add the $25 a bag times 4 that's $100 each way times 2, so $1,800 total.

Now I can fly Virgin Airlines for just over $1,000 for 4, no bag fees but I have to fly into LAX and then drive down to San Diego (La Jolla), about 2 hours. $800 is a big difference so wanted to see who on the site has flown Virgin Airlines? Thoughts? Experience? I've heard good things but wanted more details.

Thanks!

Nate, I assume that you mean Virgin America. I've flown them multiple times from Boston to LA, and LOVE them. They have free TV and power outlets at every seat, and you can also get onto the Internet via the Gogo in-flight system ($10-15/flight). Their in-flight service is different from other airlines in that whenever you want something (food, drink, etc.), you order it via the touchscreen system instead of the flight attendants coming through once or twice per flight.

If you didn't want to drive from LAX, I think that Virgin America has connecting flights into San Diego as well. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Nate, I assume that you mean Virgin America. I've flown them multiple times from Boston to LA, and LOVE them. They have free TV and power outlets at every seat, and you can also get onto the Internet via the Gogo in-flight system ($10-15/flight). Their in-flight service is different from other airlines in that whenever you want something (food, drink, etc.), you order it via the touchscreen system instead of the flight attendants coming through once or twice per flight.

If you didn't want to drive from LAX, I think that Virgin America has connecting flights into San Diego as well. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Yes! Virgin America. I did look into the San Diego flights. Goes to SanFran first. Also about $400 more but something to think about.

Thanks Smalls! Fun to see what other people say.

I've flown Virgin America from SF to Vegas once. I thought it had a more "modern" feeling. You can watch music videos on your own personal screen. My flight was only about an hour, so I didn't really do much else.

Hmmmmm Virgin Airlines might be a good ride :thumb:

I flew Virgin America from LAX to Seattle and it was one of the nicest flights I have been on. The fee was the lowest that we could find and that is why we chose it, but I was very impressed by the aircraft and the employees. I would fly with them again in a heart beat!

Back