Quirks in the Pre-Shot Routine

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
There are constants in our pre-shot routines, but we all have our strange little tics as well. We don't need the blow-by-blow of your entire routine, but what is unique in yours?

The last thing I always do before I address the ball is look up at the sky. My pro jokes that I'm seeking heavenly guidance. I say it helps me keep my eyes up and my chin down at once (think Lauren Bacall in To Have and Have Not).

I've been known to step back and start over if I don't do this.

Suprisingly enough, I really do not have to many. But if you ask Craig, I play so fast, I dont have time for them.

Suprisingly enough, I really do not have to many. But if you ask Craig, I play so fast, I dont have time for them.

Yeah, Josh and his buddy's "pre-shot" routine was getting out of the cart and selecting a club. My pre-shot thing would be best described as a mini Mike Wier move, of taking the club back a little to ensure I have the right feel for the swing plane, but next month it will probably be something different.

I have some serious waggle going on... I play relatively fast but no practice swing and three to four waggles and I pull the trigger

After I do everything else that I do, I breathe deep and exhale, then I breathe in on the backswing and breathe out on the downswing.

Nothing special here. I take a practice swing or two, visualize the shot I want to hit, give a waggle or two and then hit the exact opposite of the shot I envisioned. :bad:

i have a pretty normal pre-shot routine.my little quirk or thing i do thats unique is i waggle my upper body, mainly my shoulders. i used to do it on sand shots only cuz those are mostly feel for me so i wanted to get comfortable over the ball. now i just do it for everything. i also take the club back a little like craig

You do that too?

That's the whole point of the game. The ball does EXACTLY what you tell it to do. The trick is figuring out how the heck you told it to do THAT.

Oh great--now I'm jacking my own thread.

At least I'm not the only one this happens to!

Back