PING Cadence TR Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good job Dan. Some interesting tech in the putters.

Nice job Dan! I love how the Anser 2 from the back just screams classic Ping putter but then they really bring it with the tech. That putter at 400g and a CB setup was not what I expected but I think it's a fantastic concept.

Good stuff Dan. Sounds like Ping has carried on another year of solid putters with their TR tech. I like how you talk about the sound of the Ketsch model. Thats the one I am the most interested in. Sometimes get a little worried about the sound of bigger putters.

I like the looks of the Anser 2 counter balanced putter and with the tech that it features I can see it being something that could help my game. I have been using mallet style putters for a long time now however the Anser 2 is really speaking to me!

Just putted with the CS Heavy version on my lunch break.... Literally one of the more solid putters I have tried in the last couple of years. Im interested in this one for sure

I have the Ketsch heavy. I haven't putted this well in years. Making a lot of putts from all distances but where I think the true roll really comes in to play is on mishits. They are still ending up pin high for easy tap ins. Distance control is amazing.

Nice review Dan. Having a preference of minimal shaft offset or center shafted putters, the Tomcat version of this Cadence line has been the most impressive putter I have seen and tried in the stores this year. Ping really did a great job with these.

Great review Dan. Some solid offerings in the Cadence line. I demoed the line earlier this year and the heavy versions of both the B65 and Tomcat fit my eye and stroke the best.

I have had the Ping Cadence TR Shea H in both the heavy and standard weight. The weight on the heavy is really noticeable. I switched to the standard with the SuperStroke 2.0 Flatso grip. I enjoy the TR grooves and am beginning to make more 5-10 footers. Nice putter line.

I recently got the Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 (standard), and put a SuperStroke Flatso 1.0 on it. It has really improved my putting from 6-12 foot range, and I love the roll the TR grooves put on the ball. Great putter

Great write-up as usually, buddy. The Ketsch model is calling my name.

Recently acquired a ketch heavy model, and I must say it's very nice. Solid stroke through the ball, lines up really well, and I like the feel/sound so far. I also LOVE the stock midsize grip Ping is putting on these.

Recently acquired a ketch heavy model, and I must say it's very nice. Solid stroke through the ball, lines up really well, and I like the feel/sound so far. I also LOVE the stock midsize grip Ping is putting on these.
Where did you get that bad boy? I have pondered that for a while!

I hope you enjoy it dude! The roll it puts on the ball is awesome.

Where did you get that bad boy? I have pondered that for a while!

Stork brought it. It's definitely worth checking out though! Now that I've confirmed I'm a mallet guy it will get some runs on course haha. Very v-line in shape which is good, and at 388g it's super stable

Well you just keep me in mind if it doesn't work out for you :banana:
Stork brought it. It's definitely worth checking out though! Now that I've confirmed I'm a mallet guy it will get some runs on course haha. Very v-line in shape which is good, and at 388g it's super stable

Ever time I go to my local golf super store I roll a few different putters . I keep going back to the ketsch heavy , so smooth , solid roll just make more putts with it every time I pick it up. Seriously pondering this purchase.
gb

I really liked the Shea H. I don't know if it is the arc setting on it (I don't know exactly what this means) but it felt like of all the Ping putters I tried the "larger arc" was the one that felt most comfortable.

I love the look and setup of the Shea as well. Feels so clean to me.

i use the B65 heavy version and love it.

I thought the CS version would be the perfect match for my game.
When I tried it, both versions, I could make -0-.
Switched to an Odyssey CS and drained everything.
Oh well, that is why we demo.

I just picked up a Anser 2 with the traditional weight at the traditional length. Boring I know, but I just dumped a Odyssey Tank CB Fang. My putts per round went up with that putter so I am going back to old familiar. I may put a super stroke on it at some point but for now it will be as it comes.

I was recently fit into the Ketsch Mid heavy at 34". I'll have one in the bag this season.

Back