Frogger Golf Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.

I've seen them in stores, would you recommend buying them there? You seem to like them, but maybe the store up-prices them too?

I've heard some sites like Ebay are cracking down on shipping costs - it's ridiculous to buy a $4 paperback book and pay $6 to ship it. Now they have a shipping calculator, you have to put in what the item weighs and priority you want, you can't invent your own costs.

• Admin
If they are in stores I highly recommend the product. The products themselves are great. Another website (TST) did not mention this to people but gave it a really positive review, like I DID. The reader comments brought it up and supposedly the company fixed the issue. Yet apparently it is back again. But for towels and brushes, they are top notch. Its a shame.

Last edited:
Kudos to them for the great products, but shame on them for trying to take advantage on the shipping. As always, its nice to have a resource for an honest, thoughtful review.

• Admin
Thanks Grogger, we try our best. Out on the course I was infatuated with these items. Man they work great. The company is not thrilled obviously and has been emailing asking some questions. But I just think it is time that people got the truth about golf stuff. This one really bothered me. Heck charge $25 for the towel and give free shipping and I would have sung like a canary to people to try it out.

Update:We are playing phone tag, but both the company and myself obviously have a difference of opinion on what it costs to ship items. I respect the fact that they want to talk about this, and really do not have as much a problem with shipping costs (because it is the same if you buy 1 or 12) as I do about the "free priority". Heck call it free rush processing. I have received 19 emails since this article went live from readers that feel the same way.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Another Update - This company is not too happy about the review, but we can say one thing. They fixed it for all of the consumers to we can safely recommend this product to everyone now. It is only $3.95 to ship an item and is worth every penny of that. THP saves the day....hehe

Shipping costs are always an issue for myself... solid review, I haven't seen any of these products in any of my local shops

• Admin
DD,
I agree with you 100% and that is why I wrote what I did. Which of course has been not received too kindly. They fixed it (which they swear was fixed a month ago) and we appreciate that and have put an update out there.

However I will continue to write reviews based on my thoughts and in no way will someone sway me because they are upset. We do not appreciate comments from companies that "we do not know what we are talking about" or "be careful what you write". And we have received our fair share of them due in part to us not liking everything that we review. But we will continue to review our products based on what we feel is right.

We hope that companies understand that not everything is right for every person but apparently some of the companies we have worked with feel as though if they provide the merchandise for us to review we are supposed to like it. Unfortunately myself and the rest of the THP staff cannot do that honestly, morally, or ethically to the hundreds of people that read the front page each day. Thanks.

Great review JB, I appreciate your honesty. Hopefully their shipping prices will remain fixed this time. I will definetly be picking up a towel and the brush.

Let them know in teh comments that you heard from THP. Maybe that will change their mind about us....hehe

Ironically, the commercial came on while I was reading the review.

The commercial clearly says "Free Upgrade to Priority Shipping."

"Priority" has a very specific connotation for shipping. It means using the USPS Priority Mail service (or the FedEX/UPS equivalent). That means you receive the item 2-3 days (not including Sunday) after it is mailed. And long gone are the days of "4-6 weeks for delivery". If you are selling online, you better get the product out the door within 2 business days of the order.

On the site, it doesn't even say "Free Upgrade to Priority Shipping" it says "Priority Shipping":
Frogger2.jpg

Something else that burns my britches is sites that require you to enter all of your personal information before the give you a final price. When I see that, it is a clear signal to me that there is a good chance they are going to try to hit you with overpriced S&H charges.

I did a dry run on the AmphibianTowel website, and that's exactly what they do. Right after the screen with the graphic above (after filling out all the personal information except credit card), this is the result:
Frogger.jpg

There is no way I would order a product that has a shipping cost that is nearly 40% of the cost of the item unless the shipping charge is below $4.

At least, however, it is a flat-rate shipping charge. I did a dry run for 3 towels, and it was the same $7.57 rate.

Yet Frogger continues to say that "you dont know what you are talking about." So we have left it at that.

No quibble with these specific costs, though in general you should compare shipping charges to what it would cost you in time, gas, etc. to go to the store and buy the stuff.

I think I'll try and find their products locally, it appears they are having some ethics issues.

Normally I would agree with you Claire, but this appears to be an attempt to deceive the customer.

No quibble with these specific costs, though in general you should compare shipping charges to what it would cost you in time, gas, etc. to go to the store and buy the stuff.

It was not the cost as much as the fact that they said numerous times "free priority" which means virtually nothing. Plus a couple of people have emailed and said that when they got the package the price was not nearly $7.57. So if you are getting "free handling" what is the rest of the money going to?

The shipping costs were not even the big issue, what really bothered us was that we really didn't like that they say free priority shipping when in reality its just free priority handling.

What really bothers me is that JB wrote a glowing review about the product. He stated over and over again that he LOVED the product, however, he didn't like cost of shipping and wording regarding the shipping. Instead of the company saying "thank you for the review, we are sorry you feel that way about the shipping" they got extremely defensive and came back in attack mode. I find that unnecessary and quite frankly unprofessional.

This is a perfect examply that you cannot please everyone. :dont-know:

Good for you JB.

I did some research on this last night after seeing the same commercial Harry did. Every single review I found was positive and almost all the comments were just like the ones people are making here. Its really a shame.

i see them in many pro shops at the courses i go to, that's where i got mine.

i see them in many pro shops at the courses i go to, that's where i got mine.

The product itself is great and I wish more people could find them locally.

I am only going to say this comment once. If I were a consumer, I would never ever want to have to deal with this company.

Are you still having conflicts with them?

Nope, not at all. But if you have heard and read what I have in emails and on the phone, it is just a company that is not worth supporting. We have hundreds of great customer service stories. This one is very BAD. If you read the reviews around the web, you will know what I am talking about. Everybody talks about them being "bait and switch" and "scam" kind of people. While I dont know 100% about those people's feelings, I can tell you this. From the moment we contacted them, this review has been a headache.

But people that send stuff or leave a voicemail and then back track and try to cover up the lies they have already said should be avoided. If this were not public domain I would love to be able to have all of the readers here, listen to the lies that have been told. But its neither here nor there.

In the end there are too many great companies and products to support for my dollar.

Will have to read up on them elsewhere. Knowledge is power.

Back