Who's your favorite 'non-American' golfer & why?

TheNewBrad

Who's ya caddy?
Reaction score
Handicap
Deceptive
As the lone Aussie here (and without a tinge of bias) :) I hope it's someone like Adam Scott, Geoff Ogilvie, Aaron Baddeley, or Greg Norman.

Having said that, I have a great respect for Padraig Harrington after his two majors this year (shhh, don't mention the FedEx cup performances).

What about Ian Poulter & his performance in the Ryder Cup?

I am a big fan of Adam Scott, but he consistently underperforms. I would love to see him break through and get a major and some more big wins.

However, I honestly think that the only player on any tour today that isn't scared or intimidated by Tiger Woods is Anthony Kim. Next year should be very interesting.

Little Mikey Weir is always fun to root for, because he seems like such an underdog and a normal guy.

Poulter was brilliant at the Ryder Cup - made Faldo look very, very smart. But only time will tell if he can translate that momentum into tour victories. Generally speaking, however, I hate his trousers

ianpoulterpantsshanghai.jpg

. . . and usually his shirts.

GoldPoulterG_468x499.jpg

And his logo is entirely too phallic. It makes me uncomfortable.

1927-9213.jpg

Poulter was brilliant at the Ryder Cup - made Faldo look very, very smart. But only time will tell if he can translate that momentum into tour victories. Generally speaking, however, I hate his trousers

And his logo is entirely too phallic. It makes me uncomfortable.

1927-9213.jpg

I agree about Adam Scott. He usually returns to Australia for some of the Nov/Dec Australian tournaments. Unfortunately, he hasn't won, or figured in the big placings, in any in recent years. Success is hard to predict sometimes. For example, Aaron Baddeley returned for some of the Australian summer golf tournaments at the end of 2007 & won the Australian Masters in a play off with Daniel Chopra. Unfortunately, that was Aaron's 'high watermark' for the last 12 months.

I think a lot of people would like to see Adam Scott win more tournaments. He's easy to like. Fingers crossed it's 2009. I take your point about Anthony Kim. He has that fearless look about him.

How bad does that clothing look that Poulter is wearing in the photos?? I'm still trying to work out what that image represents. Is it him poking his tongue out or a profile of his face?

I'm still trying to work out what that image represents. Is it him poking his tongue out or a profile of his face?

If I had to guess, I would say it's supposed to be his initials: Ian James Poulter

But it's a stretch.

It is his initials. And he is definately my non American Fav. Although I have a soft spot for Sergio. Look what I just picked up to cover my new 3 wood.

View attachment 5

Lorena Ochoa!

My wife - - -she's a Brit.

Of the pros, Nick Price.

If I had to guess, I would say it's supposed to be his initials: Ian James Poulter

But it's a stretch.

No disrespect to Ian as a golfer but I think if some people (eg. me) are easily confused about the logo & what it means, it's not the best marketing campaign.

Brad,
You might be right. However his clothing line (which is tamer than what he wears on the course) is doing quite well.

Greg Norman was my man for years,... man did he let me down a bunch. Loved that action at the British Open this year.
I've liked watching Pads for a while now after spending some time in Ireland, glad he's winning big now.

scuba

I like Pads, but his facial expression after hitting the ball just kills me.

Lorena is our household favorite. The reasons are numerous - so approachable, so kind, terrific role model, etc., oh, and she plays a great game of golf. :wink:

She is absolutely great for the game of golf.

Lorena is our household favorite. The reasons are numerous - so approachable, so kind, terrific role model, etc., oh, and she plays a great game of golf. :wink:

Ricearoni!!!!!!

Hooray! Glad you are here! :party:

(GolfPunk)

Hmmm, don't mind Suzanne Petterson. Anna Rawson & Nikki Garrett get my attention also. All for their golfing ability. :lying:

Katherine Hull - What a cutie, and a damned fine golfer, just coming into her own.

340x.jpg

Katherine Hull - What a cutie, and a damned fine golfer, just coming into her own.

340x.jpg

She is at that. At last, a cutie who can play golf. ... and she's an Aussie [cue groan from the U.S. readers]

She is at that. At last, a cutie who can play golf. ... and she's an Aussie [cue groan from the U.S. readers]

No groan from U.S. readers - I love Aussies! (I just wish Adam Scott could speak.)

Slightly off topic, but since when has that ever stopped me?

The most amazing accent I ever heard from an alleged native English speaker was a fellow who grew up in South Africa, went to college in Moscow (back when that was still a radical chic thing to do), taught in Scotland, and had some other country in there as well. Could not understand a thing that came out of his mouth.

I like Pads, but his facial expression after hitting the ball just kills me.

PadraigHarringtonGeStuartFranklin.jpg

Is that the one JB? I must agree it is funny to look at, but it obviously works for him.

To answer the question, my favorite non-US players are (in no particular order)

• Ian Poulter
  • Padraig Harrington
  • Mike Weir
  • Camilo Villegas
  • Sergio Garcia

Last edited:
That is the picture. His expression looks like a man constipated.

He kinda reminds me of Jim Carrey with some of the facial expressions he makes. Did everybody see him do the "Happy Gilmore" in Playing Lessons bloopers?

He kinda reminds me of Jim Carrey with some of the facial expressions he makes. Did everybody see him do the "Happy Gilmore" in Playing Lessons bloopers?

That is the picture. His expression looks like a man constipated.

C'mon you guys. Very unkind.

If he was constipated he'd probably look more like this ->:bulgy-eyes:

On the men's side, I've always been a huge Nick Price fan. Classy

On the women's side, Anna Rawson. Schwing!

Back