Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Does anyone else watch this TV show?

pushing_daisies_ver2.jpg

I caught "Pushing Daisies" by accident last spring, and I've become a real fan. Very twisted and goofy, and the cinematography is outstanding. Very unique for TV. Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black, Addams Family), is a producer, and it has a decidedly Sonnenfeld/Tim Burton feel to it, but it really works if you like twisted and goofy with a ton of puns and pop-culture references.

However, it looks like it is probably very expensive to produce and it isn't very mainstream, so I'm guessing that it's doomed to cancellation fairly soon.

Bianco in USA Today has said that ABC really has stood behind this show. And although it is out there, it has a pretty good sized audience.

I didn't make it thru the very first show . . . I am surprised it is still on, maybe I should have given it more of a chance. But one can only watch so much TV, there's a lot of shows I never watched or don't watch anymore because of the time factor.

There is always time for TV:in-love:. That is why we have to DVRs. :wink: But the critics still absolutely love this show.

You know, ever since I saw a commercial for this show I have wanted to watch it. But I am never home to watch it, and we have no DVR right now. :arrogant:

Since I only saw a couple of episodes from the first season, I got the season 1 DVDs from Netflix and watched them (there were only 8 or 9 episodes from last year).

I really like this show. I hope it stays this good.

It may not be for everyone though. It's definitely not mainstream. "Quirky" is an understatement. And you really have to pay attention for some of the more subtle jokes. (My current favorite one is the Night Ranger reference from the season 2 premier.)

Well, crap.

Pushing Daisies Cancelled, Eli Stone + Dirty Sexy Money At Risk
MV5BMTY3ODYxNjU1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI0MTU1MQ@@._V1._SY90_.jpg

Popular U.S. show Pushing Daisies has been cancelled, according to the series' executive producer Bryan Fuller.

The news comes amid reports TV executives at America's ABC network have scrapped a host of hit shows including Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money after a slump in ratings.

And although it has not been confirmed whether law comedy Eli Stone, which recently featured a cameo from Katie Holmes, and Dirty Sexy Money have been pulled, Fuller admits his show will no longer run on the small screen.

Pushing Daisies, starring British actress Anna Friel, is about a pie-maker who has the power to bring the dead back to life. It premiered on the network in October 2007.

He tells E! Online, "(ABC president) Steve McPherson called me, and said 'We gave it the best shot we could'.

"It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger."

But Fuller, who also created the show, insists he isn't too upset about the move, because he has a lot of plans for the series away from the limits of TV.

He adds, "We are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"I'm really not feeling very boo-hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."

I'm sorry for you Harry but also surprised that they actually do cancel shows that I DON'T watch!

I watched a couple episodes last season, I thought the show was good, not enough to make me a faithful viewer though. But it had it's own style in a Tim Burton kind of way.

Good, freaking, grief. Every time I get interested in a show and bust my hump to see it, they cancel it! NBC did this with Black Donnellys and My Own Worst Enemy. Now this.

The show I'm disappointed that they cancelled was Journeyman (last year).

My Own Worst Enemy. Now this.

That show was already cancelled?

I was upset when they cancelled Arrested Development, but that was one of the few shows I watch.

Back