Worst City/State/Place You've Ever Been To?

Floppy

Reaction score
What is the worst city/state/place you've ever been to?

For me, it's Key West. I went there about a month ago for a cousin's wedding, and the place just sucks. Unless you're drunk (and I'm 15, so no alcohol for me), it's terrible. The whole place is filled with drunks. Not to mention Duval St gets ANNOYING.

So, how about you?

^^^^ You wouldnt like New Orleans either then.

Oakland wasn't the best place. Although any city's "inner city" is probably not a place you want to hang out.

East St. Louis, just passing through. St. Louis, MO is pretty nice just don't go to the Illinois side.

Mulhouse, France is a dump also. The outskirts of Paris are pretty seedy as well.

Shelby, Montana. Hands down.

Chicago. It has to be the most rude city I've ever been in.

Well, I obviously can't be rude in response! After all this time on the east coast, Chicago is just so darn friendly and open.

So there are only 15 states (and their major cities) that I haven't been in - mostly small New England states, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alaska and a couple plains states. Drivers aside, I found Chicago very cool. Tanking on my list would be Long Island, and anything in Cali south of LA. Travel wise, Kansas City doesn't make a case for itself, and the stretch from Wausau to Madison is one to be missed. And if you go between October and May, don't hit Minnesota.

I would have to say Bakersfield. The place is horrible, except for Buck Owens Crystal Palace of course. Fresno takes a close second. With the Tenderloin in the Bay Area in third.

Chicago is just so darn friendly and open.

Agreed. We spent 1 week there a few years ago. Good food, nice people, plenty to do, very walkable. In fact, we walked into Soldier Field - which we still can't believe!

I would have to say Bakersfield. The place is horrible, except for Buck Owens Crystal Palace of course. Fresno takes a close second. With the Tenderloin in the Bay Area in third.

Ha - You've got some good ones there. Spouse was raised in Fresno - it's hotter than heck there, folks, but no matter - We went there in JULY! for Spouse's high school reunion, and perspired along with everyone else.

I'm fairly well traveled along the East Coast, and have found a way to have a good time everywhere I have been, but downtown Richmond can be a little shady after dark, I have seen some messed up stuff there late night, but I have had some fun there too....

Back