Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a glove rip in the palm?

Not wear through, but actually rip?

I was at the range yesterday, when I felt my grip on my palm. I looked down and there was a small tear in the glove. It was in the location where I usually wear through my gloves, but this was a brand new glove, and it wasn't a wear spot, it was a clean tear.

I decided to keep using it, but after two more swings, the size of the tear had tripled. I gently pulled on the tear to see just how fragile the leather was, and the entire palm ripped in a reverse C pattern - up to the bottom of the fingers, and down to the wrist elastic.

I'm guessing that the leather had a flaw and it was in the spot where I put the most friction on the glove, but I've never had that happen before. And even when I start to wear a hole in the glove, it has never ripped open like that.

Anyone else experience this?

I actually have had this happen. IT was a dead rip near the seam for me. It only happend with an Under Armour Glove. I love the gloves but they just do not last.

I am testing out the Bionic Glove now (the new one conforms with USGA) and it definately will not have these problems.

Any tears I get are in the fingers, and not from my nails. :question:

Claire,
What kind of grips do you use?

Claire,
What kind of grips do you use?

At the moment, every club in my bag from driver through AW is less than three months old. So I'm using the grips they came with. Ditto on the SW and LW, I suppose. Had the putter regripped last year, with whatever Golfsmith had. Not that much of a gearhead here.

Probably just cheap gloves.

The reason I asked was that I had the same problem when I had factory grips. I got them redone and gloves seem to be lasting longer. It might just be coincidence, but it sure did work

The reason I asked was that I had the same problem when I had factory grips. I got them redone and gloves seem to be lasting longer. It might just be coincidence, but it sure did work

Good thought--I like slightly squishier grips than the factory versions. Something else to review? Cool colors are a must!

We are working with Winn and should have a review out soon on their hybrid grips. They are a must try if you ask me. But the review will be up sometime next week.

Good thought--I like slightly squishier grips than the factory versions. Something else to review? Cool colors are a must!

I do believe that is the technical description, no?

When I spoke to Winn just now, this is the God's Honest Truth, I asked "Since our review of the Hybrid Grips is just about done, can you tell me what your squishiest grips are"?

When I spoke to Winn just now, this is the God's Honest Truth, I asked "Since our review of the Hybrid Grips is just about done, can you tell me what your squishiest grips are"?

Claire - 1
Harry - 0

homer-1.gif

Ive had the same thing as Josh happen to me with the Under Armour glove. I figured it was because I like them snug and they tore from me pulling them on and off my hands during the round. I think both times it happened were on the first round with the glove.

I loved those UA gloves but they just dont last for me.

I play with a couple of lefties on a regular basis ...their gloves are hard to find. I work closer to some of the sporting goods stores so I'll pick them up @ 3 for $30 or whatever. Last year the only ones I could find were Walter Hagens... My f-i-l blew the palm out on his the 2nd or 3rd round he played with it...

My gloves wear in the palms of them. I figure its from the clubend rubbing against it constantly.

Back