The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Had my first lesson in ages and the gal that set me up with range balls commented on "what a nice set of clubs I have". She even uses the same Tank Cruiser #7 as I.

Then my instructor made the same comments about the bag. You should have seen his face when he saw the Grandaddy PX Handcrafted, he literally took pictures. Then their reaction when I told them I won the whole bag (& the rest of the experience) from Callaway and THP, they were just floored.

So make note THPers, the Grandaddy is something to dream of and strive for. And once you get in, it's an experience you will live and enjoy for a very long time!

I feel like we should all have Alumni Tags or some sort of Varsity type of jacket....lol. Just kidding...or am I?

As this event grows even closer how can one not be amped for this. For me it would be all about getting to Carlsbad, touring the ECPC, meeting and beating the #ZooCrew and forming new friendships. The fitting experience alone is added awesomeness. The equipment part is just mind blowing. Been quietly working my game all summer long and things are rounding out nicely. Starting to dream about this.

One thing I would tell all prospective Grandaddy Team Redemption participants.
Be active on THP leading up to the contests. You are going to want to know what is going on throughout the forum.
If you are the person that comes on for the contests and does not spend much time in the equipment and/or golf threads, you may find some of the contests tougher.

As this event grows even closer how can one not be amped for this. For me it would be all about getting to Carlsbad, touring the ECPC, meeting and beating the #ZooCrew and forming new friendships. The fitting experience alone is added awesomeness. The equipment part is just mind blowing. Been quietly working my game all summer long and things are rounding out nicely. Starting to dream about this.

Definitely see my post above. I say this not directed solely at you, but to all Grandaddy hopefulls.

With the 816 line rolling out. The buzz for this event has to go up exponentially! From the return of Bertha a couple years back it seems Callaway keep refining a great platform. Jman and his team will have a great bag of weapons for the ultimate battle!

I'm a new guy around here, so I harbor no illusion of actually winning the trip, but the thought of it it certainly tempting. I even went back yesterday and read through all 3700+ posts from the 2014 live thread and marveled at the sheer awesomeness of it all. I was planning on joining the albatross club just because of Folds for Honor (great cause, btw) but getting a chance at this and any other THP event made it icing on the cake!

With the 816 line rolling out. The buzz for this event has to go up exponentially! From the return of Bertha a couple years back it seems Callaway keep refining a great platform. Jman and his team will have a great bag of weapons for the ultimate battle!

Without question. Jman and I had some solid discussion about this event yesterday. He's as passionate as they come and those lucky enough to make the team this year are very fortunate to have him as a captain.

He tells it like it is and has VERY high expectations for his team both on and off the course. Be ready to work....but it'll be the funnest work one could possibly ask for. The lucky few are in for the ride or your life!

Listened to a few stories last night about this event. I wanted in but now I have to be in. The entire lead up, the event and the After! The after has the memores to constantly share and relive. Damn, Callaway can get it done with THP. It's Grandaddy season people.

Listened to a few stories last night about this event. I wanted in but now I have to be in. The entire lead up, the event and the After! The after has the memores to constantly share and relive. Damn, Callaway can get it done with THP. It's Grandaddy season people.

Those were really great to listen to. Such a fantastic event. And I'm sure the stories don't even do it justice.

I'm a new guy around here, so I harbor no illusion of actually winning the trip, but the thought of it it certainly tempting. I even went back yesterday and read through all 3700+ posts from the 2014 live thread and marveled at the sheer awesomeness of it all. I was planning on joining the albatross club just because of Folds for Honor (great cause, btw) but getting a chance at this and any other THP event made it icing on the cake!
Welcome. Glad you're here.

But being new doesn't give you any less, chance than anyone who has been here for years.

Lots of examples from THP Legacy to the Wilson and Cleveland events of brand new members being picked.

Just read JB'S post above and it sounds like you have and jump right into the whole forum.

Whether you make the event or not you'll come to love the place and the great members here.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Freddie has got me starting to feel confident in my swing again, and I'm putting in more work than I have in a long time prepping for #TheGauntlet. I am gunning hard for that MVP. Couldn't imagine a better way to end the year than to grab a spot on Team Redemption.

I only hope the time difference doesn't prevent me from getting involved in more conversations as this is something I really want a chance to experience

And I will be on the course tomorrow morning to continue my work in case that call comes, but I feel like my game is very close to taking the next big step with 3 out of the last 4 rounds being played to my handicap (and 2 of those scores were on courses I had never played before)

Would be great to start dropping my handicap but maybe I need to keep it where it is and know that I can shoot my handicap in an even more competitive setting like against the #ZooCrew:D

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

No way Doctor. You get involved all the time

I'm excited for the contests. I'm also excited for those that get selected

What an incredible opportunity. Can't wait to see the contests and the winners. Very cool.

Bring on the contests! I am dying to try to get in. #grandaddy always brings excitement to another level!

I can't wait till the contest rolls around for the Grandaddy. Also Jman is as dedicated as they come and I feel he will have no problem leading the THPers to victory.

Had my first lesson in ages and the gal that set me up with range balls commented on "what a nice set of clubs I have". She even uses the same Tank Cruiser #7 as I.

Then my instructor made the same comments about the bag. You should have seen his face when he saw the Grandaddy PX Handcrafted, he literally took pictures. Then their reaction when I told them I won the whole bag (& the rest of the experience) from Callaway and THP, they were just floored.

So make note THPers, the Grandaddy is something to dream of and strive for. And once you get in, it's an experience you will live and enjoy for a very long time!

That's awesome!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait till the contest rolls around for the Grandaddy. Also Jman is as dedicated as they come and I feel he will have no problem leading the THPers to victory.
Way back when, Jman and Hawk's reviews of the Rocketbladez were the driving force behind me joining THP. I'd have no problem paying Jman back for the friends I've gotten from this forum by helping him beat the ZooCrew at The Granddaddy.

All I know is that I am glued to THP.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hearing stories or memories from those that experienced it or are about to make that enthusiasm so infectious!

Hit my XR really well today... Excited for all the new equipment Callaway is putting out there. Super excited for all of the fun to start with the contests. Time for folks to get in position to make their own #Grandaddy memories!! ?

I played my round today with this event in the back of my mind. When I was offline off the tee I imagined the scenario of getting back into play and give my chance to win the hole. My game has a lot of improvement to make, but I like where I'm headed.

I talked to the Callaway rep for a while this afternoon and he mentioned that a new Apex line is coming out in November. Wonder if the Grandaddy participants might get a look at those...

Give 'em hell!

GrandDaddy season was a time of year last year, just to be able to support dad was a blast trying to get him ready was so much fun and the stories he brought home where even better coming directly from him. I wouldn't mind being able to do the same thing for him this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you know clubs don't make the golfer, but they sure do help. My favorite saying by Alexander the Great " I'm more scared of group of sheep led by a lion then a group of lion led by a sheep." I feel like this quote speaks more about the battle between the captains and what real strength show in a leader. I've never meet Jman but what I've heard he will lead his army of sheep to California and come back victorious and I would love to be one of those sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back