Coaching your son will be a blast. I do it now with mine and I cant tell you how much I enjoy working with him and all the other kids. Best of luck in your journeys Hawk.

Thank you Ryan for all you have done for THP. I always love reading your reviews and they were really well done. It was such a pleasure meeting you and I really hope our paths cross once again. Enjoy the next chapter buddy as I know you will not be a stranger around here.

Thanks for all the great Reviews - and everything you did here Hawk! A true man knows his priorities - and acts upon them. You are doing it the right way sir!

Best of luck in all your future endeavors!

Ryan, it was great to meet you at PGA Natl, thanks for all your contributions. Enjoy that beautiful family bud

Good luck Ryan. Just a few weeks ago, as me and my buddy Josh (whom you met at Fyre Lake) were heading up north of the Quad Cities to play, he asked if I had invited that "Dude from my forums with the $350 shaft in his driver". I asked, "You mean Ryan Hawk?" He said "Yeah, he seemed like a real good guy" I said, "Yeah, he is". Next time we're on one of our little road trips to your neck of the woods, I'll shoot you an invite. Take care man.

And to see you go hawk. I can saw I will genuinely miss your presence here. But as you said life happens and we move on. So I will say, thank you, and good luck.

Thank you for all of your hard work. You will be replaced, and the next in line will do well, but you did it as well as anyone and you will be greatly missed. I think we all at some point in life walk away from things we love, often for those we love.

Well done!!!!:drinks:

Loved everything you have done for THP man. You were one of the first people who I talked to on the site. I'm not great with words when it comes to this stuff but I have to say you helped me feel welcome here.

Catch you on the flipside, brother

stewie-incredible-hulk-song-o.gif

Thanks for the reviews and the hard work that you put into the site to make it better. Enjoy the time doing something different outdoors!

Thank you for everything you've done for us Ryan, from your great reviews on the forum to the warm and friendly conversation at events you've been absolutely awesome. I think it was Muir that said the mountains are calling and I must go, few understand the true meaning but I'm certain you're one of them. Be safe dude.

Hawk = Smart, Honest, Loyal, Talented, Dedicated, Funny, Kind, and so much more. Your kids are so lucky to have you set the example that you have set for all of us. Love ya man, always have and always will.

As much as I liked reading your reviews, I thoroughly enjoyed how you handled the "three ring circus" that always seemed to break out in certain threads even more. You always seemed to say exactly what I wanted to say, but with the added credibility of being YOU thrown in. It sounds like that Hawk isn't going anywhere, so I'm selfishly happy.

Enjoy the extra time with the kids, and maybe we'll find a way to get a round of golf in someday....

And thanks for all of your hard work with writing reviews and editing. Count me in the majority that underestimates the size of the commitment that was.

Hawk -
Thanks for all that you have done! I appreciate your opinions and enjoyed reading your write-ups. I certainly understand the change in priorities.
Enjoy whatever the future holds - nothing can substitute for family.

Ryan, Hawk, Thank you. You were one of the great people helping me out in my first review. I hope one day our paths will cross at a THP event. Best of luck with family as that is, by far, the most important thing you can do.

I'm excited for you buddy and I think your time here as the editor and staff writer has been nothing but great. I really enjoyed the time we have spent on and off the course and I hope that we will get to tee it up again sometime. I know I haven't been around much either but I'm excited that you are moving on to bigger and better things.

I wish you all the luck in everything you do!

Hawk - Ryan. Wow. Well first a huge thank you for all you've done for THP. Second, good luck in all the things you'll be doing now. Coaching and hunting sounds awesome. More time with the family and kids is awesome too. It's so cliche but they do grow way too fast!

I know you've said you'll be around and I hope that means a THP event or two will be in your future. I truly hope to meet you one day (now, please don't come back and say that we have meet. This has happened to me before because as I've got the memory of a guppy). I've heard so much about you from the shandy drinking lawyer, that its always been a wish that I would get to an event that you were at.

Thank you for all the work you've put in Ryan! I truly enjoyed your reviews and I'll never forget the Srixon journey to better video! Good luck in all your future endeavors and I hope to see you again soon!

Ryan, my first reaction at this was sadness. I have not known a Hawkless THP. Your reviews and insight were truly instrumental to my finding THP and staying for the long haul. I've always respected you for your honesty, effort, attention to detail, and at times, how easy it was to read "between the lines". But, I respect you even more for the difficult decision this must have been, and especially, for the reasons behind it. I sincerely hope you'll remain an active (regular) THPer and that I'll be able to tee it up again with you at an event down the road. Who knows, I may even crack that shell, given a little more time. Congrats buddy and God bless you.

Hawk good luck post THP. I wish you luck coaching youth sports.

congrats,,,great run.....

Thanks for all the time & effort you put into this site over the years - it definitely did not go unnoticed. I always looked forward to your reviews and your opinions on equipment, because I felt that you represented the "average" player maybe better than anyone else here, and I could tell that spending $$ wisely was important to you.

Good luck working & playing with your kids & family - you will NEVER regret the time spent with them compared to anything else, and that time just zooms by.

Ryan-I have always enjoyed your reviews and you can tell the amount of though and work that was put in to each one. Good luck with whatever you find to fill in your free time and I hope it brings you the same enjoyment that the experiences here did. There are some real pearls of wisdom in your post and I hope others read and notice and apply them to their own time here and life in general. Ive never had the chance to meet you but maybe one day. Enjoy all the time Im sure you will be spending with the family and thanks once again for being an integral part of making THP what it is.

a famous American ( ben franklin ) once said " when being spoke about, it is better to have someone say, well done rather than well said". with this is mind I have one thing to say to you Ryan.

Well done, Ryan

Back