Out with the hybrid

Sposey549

Golfaholic
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Today I have taken my 3 hybrid out of the bag and replaced it with a 5 wood. I have always had trouble hitting a hybrid consistently so I figured why not put a club in I can actually use. Anyone else playing woods over hybrids?

Today I have taken my 3 hybrid out of the bag and replaced it with a 5 wood. I have always had trouble hitting a hybrid consistently so I figured why not put a club in I can actually use. Anyone else playing woods over hybrids?

I have a 5 wood and will soon have a utility iron. I have my shining moments with hybrids but it's definitely a club a can't count on to hit the ball in the direction needed

That's my issue when I really need it I'm not sure where it's going to go. I have always been better with a 3 iron than a hybrid. Since getting my new irons I've been gaming a hybrid but I was never fully comfortable with it. So I finally decided to go with what works and put a 5 wood in the bag.

I'm not removing my hybrid because I can't hit it but it is coming out so I can add a gap wedge to the bag. I will replace with a 5 wood also. Putting the 5 wood in allow me to take out the 4w as well.

Yep, that is why mine is in the marketplace. I hit it well for a couple of rounds then just seemed to hit it not so well most of the time.
Now the amazing Mr. Kong saw and gave me a fix for the biggest of my basic issues, if I can keep at that fix I really think hitting all the clubs will be a lot easier. It sure is not the clubs fault in my case.

Everything is subjective. I wouldn't give up either of my woods or my hybrids.

Been pondering replacing my 3-hybrid with a Heavenwood, but I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of the 4-hybrid. I like being able to flight the ball down, and a hybrid makes low punches really easy.

After several 3/4 hybrids I went with a XR 5w this year. But I will keep my XR 5h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been trying to get my bag set this year. I picked up a couple of hybrids and now I think I just need to replace my 3W. I am comfortable with the hybrids and don't think I'll be changing them for awhile.

I've got a 3H and 4H in the bag right now. 4H is a crutch club for me. Look for opportunities to hit it. 3H I'm a little streaky with. Haven't been elevating it as much as I'd like. Going to give it some more time, but may go back to the 5W if I can't get it worked out.

I often opt for a 7 wood over a 4 hybrid

I'm itching to pull my 4w and add a low lofted hybo. I really struggle with fw, but hybo is money. I've been told that often (but certainty not always) amateurs fall into an either/or situation with hybos vs fw. I think it's an aoa thing, but not sure.

After several 3/4 hybrids I went with a XR 5w this year. But I will keep my XR 5h.

I use both the 4 & 5 XR hybrids and love them both.

I hit my old Kasco hybrids [ full set ]great still do...I used to hit my Taylormade duals great also [ I have no idea why I sold them ] But I have hit my Callaway 7 woods with accuracy like no club ever since the original warbird..I now have a ERC 7 wood that's money at 205 yds. No more 3 iron..I might check out the new Callaway heavenwood.....

Next will be a 5 wood E.R.C. if I can find one new or like new....I found a new 3 wood E.R. C. then I'll be good to go..

Dropped my 3h for a 5w, one of the best gear decisions I've made. I don't carry any hybrids because I've just never been able to hit them. Honestly, I have no idea why, not sure if it's mental or what. But the box set hybrids my wife gave me, various Cobra and TaylorMade hybrids, I've just never been able to elevate any of them. I keep my 4i for tee shots and tree punch outs, which works really well for me.

Give me a 7W over a low lofted hybrid any day of the week. I'm good with a hybrid down to about 21 degrees, but after that, I'm much better off with a FW. For me a 7W is just as accurate, and I find myself burning fewer shots.

I actually carry and 5 wood and a 4 hybrid.

I dropped my 3h for a 5 wood this year. I play at a super tight course with some distances that I needed sonething between the 3 wood and the driver on tee shot but longer off the tee then the 3h. Also I find it to be a par 5 saver for me. Anything around 215-250 I feel I can hit that 5 wood at and be there. Plus it seems to work as well out of light rough as my 3h

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Just the opposite for me. I prefer hybrids over fairway woods.

Well after hitting the range today, I've decided to switch back to my 3i and 4i instead of my 3h and 4h. I just hit the irons so much better and I like the sound and feedback so much better than the XR Pro hybrids. Maybe I'll give it a try again this offseason but for now, it's back to the long irons.

Well I have pulled the 3 hybrid and 5 wood out of the bag and stuck my trusty 3 iron back in. For some wild and crazy reason I have always been able to put good shots up with my long irons. I have a bad habit of tinkering with something when it already works fine. I think it's the thrill of new toys?

I usually go 4 wood, 3 hybrid but this week I pulled the hybrid and put in an older model Cleveland 7 wood. More distance but this thing only wants to go left, which was the reason I put in the hybrid in the first place. Sticking with the hybrid for now.

I've been considering dropping the 3/4 hybrid and the 4i and getting a 7 wood and putting the 60* wedge back in the bag again. I love hitting fairway woods and my flop shot with the 60 has been working great lately when I need it.

I keep thinking "take the 4h out of the bag", and then I have a round like on the weekend when I need to hit it 4 or 5 times. Other rounds, it never leaves the bag. Hybrid has become an elusive beast for me, very hard to control. I am either topping it, or spraying it way right. Not often that it goes where it is intended.

Very torn about pulling it out, with with a 5w, 4h, 4altitude setup in my bag, I could probably very easily take it out and just play the 4alt......

Back