allegingbow

Reaction score
Handicap
These have just become available to buy in Australia and I was wondering if THP could help with experience of users. I've been considering one for awhile but haven't been able to get one at a fair price till now.
Any thoughts, pros and cons appreciated. thanks

I have the stand bag. It is the best bag I ever had. Great company to deal with too.
Everything you need and nothing you don't. The verticle ball pocket is very nice. It holds 9 balls.

After this bag wears out I plan to get the leather and canvas one.

Pro's:

Well thought out pockets. (Cell phone fits nice)
Light.
Personalize option.
Legs pop out easy.
Single strap design is far eaiser to deal with and carry than double strap bags.

The only con is:

Top pocket zippers should be facing the other way. They fall down to open position while carrying.

Nice review by Hawk and appreciating all feed back. I'm considering the original non stand as I find stand bags often fall over at some stage and I don't mind placing it on fairway...it's sounds like a good investment. I currently walk with a Sunmountain Speedgolf bag and carry 7 clubs so space isn't a great concern...except for pockets...and I too love the simplicity of one strap

Nice review by Hawk and appreciating all feed back. I'm considering the original non stand as I find stand bags often fall over at some stage and I don't mind placing it on fairway...it's sounds like a good investment. I currently walk with a Sunmountain Speedgolf bag and carry 7 clubs so space isn't a great concern...except for pockets...and I too love the simplicity of one strap

Have the Original Navy. Great bag that balances nicely with the single strap. I wish the diameter was 8.5" instead of 7.5" when carrying all 14 clubs. Overall I'm very happy with the bag and customer service is nothing short of excellent. Also own the Black Rider which is an awesome vintage style staff bag.

The Jones Rider Bag is the best one they make....Great Bag!

I also have the Rider bag and enjoy it, but I switched to an Ogio stand bag. I like the Jones aesthetic, but it just doesn't really work for me as a daily bag. I prefer dual straps to carry, and I prefer a stand bag that goes well on a cart.

I have the players series bag and I love it. I use it as a carry bag during the week. Not big enough for 14 clubs IMO, but I prefer to only carry 10 to keep it light. Like others have said, it has everything you need and nothing you don't. As such, this bag is probably love or hate for most.

I've had many shoulder dislocations that have led to a mess of issues with my back. This is the absolute only bag I have found that has allowed me to carry without having stupid amounts of back pain after the round.

It's a neat bag.

It's not really a great bag for carrying 14 clubs imo and the pockets leave a lot to be desired if you look at competitors. The stand apparatus works well, so wouldn't worry about it falling over.

I wanted to bring this up again. I am think about pulling the trigger on one of these. I usually walk with a pull cart. How do the stand bags work with a cart? Also, are the rider bags to big for a pull cart? Thanks

I wanted to bring this up again. I am think about pulling the trigger on one of these. I usually walk with a pull cart. How do the stand bags work with a cart? Also, are the rider bags to big for a pull cart? Thanks
I don't have experience with the stand bags, but I have the Rider bag. I don't think it would be too big--it's not staff bag sized, more like cart bag sized. I've never put it on my Clicgear 3.5+, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I don't have experience with the stand bags, but I have the Rider bag. I don't think it would be too big--it's not staff bag sized, more like cart bag sized. I've never put it on my Clicgear 3.5+, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Awesome. Do you enjoy the rider bag? Thanks a lot

Awesome. Do you enjoy the rider bag? Thanks a lot
It's no longer my gamer, I switched to a Woode top Ogio stand bag.

I do like the Rider though. It's simple with the pockets--the ball pocket on the strap side is divided into two areas, each accessed by a zipper. On the garment side, all the zippers access the same big area except the little valuables pocket. Mine isn't exactly retired, it's now being used like a staff bag and holding my spare clubs. If I somehow don't need a stand bag anymore it'll go back into the rotation. I just need a stand bag right now--between lessons and practice range time, a bag that either stands straight up or lays on its side just doesn't work for me.

It's no longer my gamer, I switched to a Woode top Ogio stand bag.

I do like the Rider though. It's simple with the pockets--the ball pocket on the strap side is divided into two areas, each accessed by a zipper. On the garment side, all the zippers access the same big area except the little valuables pocket. Mine isn't exactly retired, it's now being used like a staff bag and holding my spare clubs. If I somehow don't need a stand bag anymore it'll go back into the rotation. I just need a stand bag right now--between lessons and practice range time, a bag that either stands straight up or lays on its side just doesn't work for me.

Thank you very much. I was looking to replace my current bag. I use the free bag that came with my hopkins irons. It is a good bag (especially for free) but it doesn't work with my pull cart. I am interested in the Jones stand and cart because they look cool seem high quality and i like the customization. Just nervous about the 3 slot opening for the stand. Also, don't love the rider bag price. So, I am trying to make the decision. Thanks again.

The price is definitely high, but I feel like you get what you pay for. The Jones Rider is staff bag quality, just not staff bag size.

The price is definitely high, but I feel like you get what you pay for. The Jones Rider is staff bag quality, just not staff bag size.

Yea it def seems like quality stuff..I'm actually more interested in the stand bag because of price but I am nervous about the 3 opening top..seems like it could be annoying

Bumping this. I occasionally use my Utility bag..really high quality..have the Rider bag itch again wondering if anyone still uses the Jones Rider Bag. Thanks

Back