Titleist 915D2 Driver Review Thread

I'm confused Army. What driver are you playing right now? Your signature has me all confused...
Currently playing 915D2. My sig is what I'll be playing in the THP Legacy.

Great day with the 915 today. Long and straight.
Really nice penetrating flight even in very windy conditions.
Understatement. Just hammering it today out there.

Has there been many comparisons between this and the 815 Alpha? I used a 12 degree head in a older Pro Launch Blue shaft this morning and according to Game Golf I have had a 24 yard increase in distance over my usual driver. Obviously this is only one round recorded with the D2. I was seeing more centred hits this morning compared to usual and a slight draw as opposed to my usual fade / slice. This could be down to a couple of driver lessons recently. I'm going to play it for a few more rounds and see what the averages come out at, but initial impressions are good.

Has there been many comparisons between this and the 815 Alpha? I used a 12 degree head in a older Pro Launch Blue shaft this morning and according to Game Golf I have had a 24 yard increase in distance over my usual driver. Obviously this is only one round recorded with the D2. I was seeing more centred hits this morning compared to usual and a slight draw as opposed to my usual fade / slice. This could be down to a couple of driver lessons recently. I'm going to play it for a few more rounds and see what the averages come out at, but initial impressions are good.
I compared it to the Alpha 815 when they were both released. I found them both to launch well, both look great, both retain ball speeds all over the head nicely. Both have multiple solid shaft selections.
Alpha offers more adjustability if that's something you're after.

Pick the one you like IMO, not a bad choice there.

I compared it to the Alpha 815 when they were both released. I found them both to launch well, both look great, both retain ball speeds all over the head nicely. Both have multiple solid shaft selections.
Alpha offers more adjustability if that's something you're after.

Pick the one you like IMO, not a bad choice there.

My usual gamer is a Alpha 815. I need a few more rounds with the 915 to get more accurate averages. Initial impressions are very good.

Titleist 915D2 Driver Review Thread

Something about Titleist drivers and how the set up at address just suit me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fit for my 915, but part of that fitting involved hitting a ton of other drivers, including the Alpha 815. The 815 was the runner-up to the 915 and it was very close. For me, the 915 spun consistently about 300-400 rpm less though, and that was one thing I needed reduced. There was a slight nod to the 915 on ball speed retention for mis-hits as well, especially off the toe. My dispersion was also marginally tighter according to the monitor results. Combine this with the classic Titleist look that I love, and I was ultimately sold on the 915.

But let me tell you, it was really close. I went back and forth between them several times.

One of my better shots on the weekend was a 915F 5 wood off the deck over water to a green from 230. It was high off the face and ruined the crown of the club with a nasty gash.

I knew this day would come, but man what a shame.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ended up at the range after work today, and figured what the heck, lets get this 915/913/910 trial going.....

My 910D2, came out on top, which while disappointing, was reassuring. Looked like a slight distance edge to the 913 and 915, but consistency of distance and dispersion was the 910 the whole way. This could be a shaft issue (love the Red Tie in my 910) but didn't get a chance to swap it into the other two heads. Just felt far more comfortable with my current setup.

I thought the 915D2 sounded more normal than I thought it would (for some reason I had it in my head that it would be more obnoxious sounding).

Hoping to get onto a sim at GolfTown to actually see some numbers, as opposed to trying to eyeball it on the range.

My 915D2 was on a string this morning after a rocky start.

Mid flight with good carry combined with lots of roll and I'm able to hit a little fade on repeat.

Joined the club. God it is just such a good looking club. I think the shorter shaft in this compared to my R1 gives me amazing feel through shots. Can't wait to get out with it...

21914129048_351512e9cf_b.jpg

Congrats! Welcome to the club.

It's an amazing driver. To this day, I absolutely love hitting it. It's still as gorgeous as ever.

This driver is awesome. The B-4 setting was made for me and gives me the perfect look at address.

Thanks guys. Currently set at A1 I found that either A1 or B2 was the best during fitting. Lofting up wasn't idea and generated too much of an arc or peak in the short rather than the penetrating ball flight I was looking for. If anything I'd consider going slightly lower. Tried A2 but found it to be a pull hook. Lets hope the love with the club continues from the demo I had to the brand new one! I found swinging with a constant tempo delivered better results than chasing more club head speed which I really liked.

Besides the looks, I think what I love most about this driver is that mishits across the face are not nearly as punished as they could be. I've had severe mishits way down by the heel or way out on the toe - literally almost missing the ball - and still carried 220 and generally went straight. A 40-50 yard loss compared to my normal drive for such a bad strike is amazing to me.

Besides the looks, I think what I love most about this driver is that mishits across the face are not nearly as punished as they could be. I've had severe mishits way down by the heel or way out on the toe - literally almost missing the ball - and still carried 220 and generally went straight. A 40-50 yard loss compared to my normal drive for such a bad strike is amazing to me.

Completely agree. What I found when trying it compared to my R1 was that the face speeds were so much more consistent right across the face. Deliberately hitting it out of the toe or heel didnt produce the spin that I hated with R1, just reduced distance with direction much more related to face path than it was with R1.

First round Saturday with it. Shaky start on the first 9, but second nine once I started to release the club and hit through it I had a massive number of long drives. Longest was 320 yards or 290 meters. Drove the par 4. Loved it. Really happy now that I'm getting my head around it, just have to get used to lining up differently as it definitely has changed my drive shape compared to the R1

Got to hit Awkward silence D2 today with his custom Project X shaft today and all I can say is wow. He was hitting it so well off the tee I had to try it. I should have never done that. Went 4/4 in fairways last few holes and it was like eating a slice of your favorite cake. Ponder mode has been imitated and I have Mike to thanks!

I'm actually shocked at how little love this driver got in 2015. I know there are great options from almost every OEM but this really is a great head with solid shaft options, and the performance and ball speeds on misses are up there with the best of them.

The only negative I see after a year of ownership is that the black face marks up extremely easy and looks like I've been hitting rocks.

I've noticed it does seem to have a clearer mark of where I have hit the ball compared to the R1.

One thing I will say was the group I played with today LOVED the noise when I wound up on it for the back 9. You know its a big shot because it goes off like a sonic boom. Some people had commented early on and in reviews that it sounded loud and I agree, but it does make you smile when you crack a good one and get that feedback from the club to say 'yep, you ripped that'.

I've noticed it does seem to have a clearer mark of where I have hit the ball compared to the R1.

One thing I will say was the group I played with today LOVED the noise when I wound up on it for the back 9. You know its a big shot because it goes off like a sonic boom. Some people had commented early on and in reviews that it sounded loud and I agree, but it does make you smile when you crack a good one and get that feedback from the club to say 'yep, you ripped that'.

The D3 sounds very clanky in an enclosed bay or indoors, but the D2 has a sound that I like quite a bit. I'm not going to try defend it as the "best" sounding driver because it simply isn't but it does have a really nice explosive "THWACK" to it when you find the screws.

Have been back and forth on drivers last couple years (R11s and Cobra FlyZ+) and still go back some days to my good old 905R 9.5* w UST V2 76g stiff shaft. Took the 905 out today for a quick 9 as have really been "all over the place" w the Fly Z+ and just can not get comfortable w it. The 905R is still money! Hit some nice mid-high piercing straight/fall back fades averaging around 265+ w 2 over 290 which is huge for me! BTW 6hcp, 101-104ss (avg 245-255 carry). My miss is a high push spinny fade.

Can get a great deal on a 915D2-- how does the rogue black 70 (75g) and Rogue silver 60 (69g) compare to the V2 76g shaft? Also--think I should stay at 9.5* or go up to 10.5*. I do/can suffer from higher spin off the tee ball, but also want to have an easier "drawing" setup. Tried/demo so many drivers of late (including the 915s) and don't know why I moved away from the good ole Titleist--they just set up so good for me. Thx in advance for your input

Question for you 915 d2 owners . How high are you teeing teeing the ball to achieve your best results ? Meaning teeing the ball high med.or low ? Some of my golf buddies have been teeing their ball lower on the club face and getting better results with accuracy and distance with with their drivers . They own Cobra bio cell another sldr another bb 815 , I know there are a lot of different factors in play here as angle of attack swing speed and others. Just curious to here your thoughts on this with the 915.
Thanks gb

Question for you 915 d2 owners . How high are you teeing teeing the ball to achieve your best results ? Meaning teeing the ball high med.or low ? Some of my golf buddies have been teeing their ball lower on the club face and getting better results with accuracy and distance with with their drivers . They own Cobra bio cell another sldr another bb 815 , I know there are a lot of different factors in play here as angle of attack swing speed and others. Just curious to here your thoughts on this with the 915.
Thanks gb
I tee the 915D2 a hair lower than my other drivers. Low misses aren't really punished at all so no reason not to.

I find if I tee it up to be the top of the ball at the same height as, or just a whisker above the driver at address thats perfect. Higher as I used to tee up my R1 (about 1/4 above the driver crown) sees a massive increase in height for some reason. Thats fine for me though because I am a bit of a sweeper with all my clubs so the return of the driver is very close to the ground.

Back