Hitting range balls you didn't pay for

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm wondering how many do this. Show up early to the course and scavenge range balls because you didn't buy balls. But had time to but just can't bring yourself to spend the $5 for a small bucket. I'm not talking a few sitting at a station but actually walking into the range to grab balls.

If you do, then do you also eat off other people's plates when the leave a restaurant? Just curious....

Kinda curious as well. We just had 4 large buckets stolen from the range I work at. 3 days after he put brand new balls into circulation. He gets hosed more times than I'd like to admit. It's sad really.

NEVER!!!

People do this? I'll hit balls that someone left next to me, but I'm not gonna scavenge.

Nope. Never have. Sometimes if my last ball I hit is a dud, I'll walk a few feet out to grab one to make sure I end it on a "high note".

Thats really pathetic - only thing close to this I have done is reach out beyond the stall with my driver to hit one or 2 more at the end of my session....

Never even thought about it. I'd hit some that someone left, but never go out on the range and grab some.

I'm not sure I really understand the situation lol like walk out onto the range, grab a few, then run back to hit them?

Never. I could afford $5.

I don't go to the range without the bucket that I paid for.

If there are a few left over in the area I am in that someone left I don't have a problem hitting them if I still want to hit a few, but more often than that, I leave a few balls anyway. Once I have hit enough, that's enough.

Glad peeps see this as a rant. I had some morons that arrived 1.5 hrs before time. Walk strict onto the range, very close to where they could get hit. Spend 10 minutes picking up balls. I had to stop and watch because I didn't believe it.

I'll grab a few from outside right where I'm standing, but I never show up to the range without buying a bucket of balls. I won't even use the short game area/putting green, where I use my own balls, without buying at least a small bucket for the range. It costs money to maintain.

Never.

I've never even heard of something like this. And it sounds like people were on the range hitting while this was going on?

Standing on the range at the Legacy talking to Mike Dean, JB, and Duffy and we watch and old guy come over and start hitting any ball he could find on the range. Then uses the FlightScope to hold his other clubs up. Hits a few more. We were just standing there in awe considering range balls are free.

Standing on the range at the Legacy talking to Mike Dean, JB, and Duffy and we watch and old guy come over and start hitting any ball he could find on the range. Then uses the FlightScope to hold his other clubs up. Hits a few more. We were just standing there in awe considering range balls are free.
That's pretty appalling.

No, not something I've done. If I'm at the range, I have my own bucket.

I have. Because our tee time was at 8:00 and the range didn't open until 8:00. I tried to buy a bucket, but they told me no. There were quite a few balls close to the stalls where people had duffed shots, so I did some dumpster diving and snagged about 20 balls and warmed up anyway.

That is pretty sad,where I practice people do this often and it annoying a ÷€€# out of me. They see you are close to done your bucket,so they go sit down to "relax" and wait for you to leave some behind. Even if I am tired I will hit them randomly unless it's child who I don't mind donating to.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I am one that likes to end on good shot so I will leave a couple balls behind if need be just so I don't have to scavenge a couple to end my session.

Back