Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be in the mid 80's all weekend. Love it !

It is pouring rain in NY today. Got rained out this morning, and not looking good for tomorrow AM either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It is pouring rain in NY today. Got rained out this morning, and not looking good for tomorrow AM either.

Was dry as bone here for a long time and now after the downpours yesterday and more rain today there is standing water in the fairways. I was sure the ground would just soak it right up as fast as it came down.

Was dry as bone here for a long time and now after the downpours yesterday and more rain today there is standing water in the fairways. I was sure the ground would just soak it right up as fast as it came down.
It's OK, this was the first rain day of the year for me so far (out of ~50 rounds). I've been lucky.

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow, but need to find a course that drains well.

8bfc9e8e76b8034de879f7ec9b6f6be2.jpg

Just a tad warm on the course right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went over to the course for a quick late evening nine and it started raining right as I was about to check in. Now I'm back home. Will hopefully get out tomorrow evening.

Perfect today. High 70s with a slight breeze with intermittent clouds. Every day could be this way.

A high of 81 degrees today with wind at 11-15 mph and gusting to 21mph.
Will be an interesting round with the wind gusts.

Wash out today. Rain on and off all day. Yesterday was nice. Played 18 and barely broke a sweat.

Barf........at least Saturday afternoon for our monthly tournament it will "only" be 99. But at least it's dry! meh.

RxtdJQR.png

Summer seems to have started in April this year and hasn't let up. Consecutive 100 degree records not touched but overall avgs way higher and dustier and more gross and this is only 100 miles from SF where it can be foggy and 56 in July.

Last edited:
Nice golfing weather here the next few days, 70s and Sunny. Chance a rain only on Saturday and it figures that's the day the wife and I are going to play a round for our anniversary.

Barf........at least Saturday afternoon for our monthly tournament it will "only" be 99. But at least it's dry! meh.

RxtdJQR.png

Summer seems to have started in April this year and hasn't let up. Consecutive 100 degree records not touched but overall avgs way higher and dustier and more gross and this is only 100 miles from SF where it can be foggy and 56 in July.
They've been hyping the "El Nino" for awhile and how it's going to solve the drought. For those outside the west coast, historically the warmer ocean water during El Nino years helps usher in several tropical storms (sometimes to the point of flooding). Now the experts are saying it will be a "dry" El Nino winter. I guess this means our available golfing days will bump up from 350ish to 360+ days.

yeah, I can't wait for winter........55 degree rounds in Nov/Dec are sounding so tasty right now.

SCAL is going to have a lot of flooding this winter, I doubt we'll hit average in Norcal and if so it will come in 2 storms and be a mess and do nothing for the snowpack.

yeah, I can't wait for winter........55 degree rounds in Nov/Dec are sounding so tasty right now.

SCAL is going to have a lot of flooding this winter, I doubt we'll hit average in Norcal and if so it will come in 2 storms and be a mess and do nothing for the snowpack.
How much do you want to bet that the water weanies will dump water from Folsom at the first light rain "to add capacity" even though the lake is at near record low level.

Today was a conformable 85f. Nice clear skies and then after the 9th hole the winds picked up. Overall a great day to golf

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

How much do you want to bet that the water weanies will dump water from Folsom at the first light rain "to add capacity" even though the lake is at near record low level.

We need to invest in more purple pipe "poowater" infrastructure where everything we send downstream isn't just treated and passed on - it's brought back upstream and treated to drinking level quality. My local Roseville agency actually does some of this via tanker trucks to water some of the parks and other areas but obviously that isn't very efficient.

I think I read somewhere that other parts of the country (southeast maybe?) have systems that have used "poowater" in some forms since their systems were built. We'll just have to get over it.

Last tournament of the year is this weekend. Forecast is sunny mid 70s oh I can't wait

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

so over rain in central Florida. stuck at the bar in nw central Florida hoping the rain blows over and the course held up well enough to get 18 in. my parents have my kids and my wife was cool with me taking a day for myself. this really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a beautiful day here in South Carolina but I didn't play golf instead sent the day with the wife and grandson. I just needed a break. High was about 80. We are expecting 54 in the am. Hope everyone had a great day!

It's a lovely 50 today with strong rain and winds lol nice

60* here in Michigan with not a cloud in the sky but pretty windy. I'd play if I had time.

Here at work today and noticed what appeared to be liquid falling from the sky. A quick Google search says it's called "rain" and is apparently quite common in some parts of the world.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

60 at noon and 63 for a high at 3PM.

Might have to wear long pants.

I HATE golfing in long pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back