sudseh 2016: Road to Regional Rivalry

sudseh

Hacker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Handicap
Tito's
Freddie, per our brief chat in Savannah and the RR coming up, I thought I would start up this thread to continue my journey to improvement.

A new year deserves a new thread. With Regional Rivalry coming up and my strong desire to represent my region (Carolinas), I figured there was no time like the present to get things done. Please follow along as I work on my game.

Freddie, I will be providing some video for your critical viewing pleasure. I will also be working with one of the coaches who has given Ron his best results.

Problem Description
---------------------------------
HC: 32.3 per Game Golf.
GIR: 14%
Scrambling: 10%
Fairway Accuracy: 33%

Swing type: varies with club selection and mental state. I find that when I'm cold, my driver swing is much more compact and controllable since I use my range of motion to control the extents of my swing.

Action Plan
-------------------
Putting in the work to make people who know me applaud my improvement, and those who don't know me hate my game.
To this end, I will be providing updates from my practice rounds as well as input from my local coach for input and next step analysis and suggestions from Freddie.

For my swing, I will primarily be working on finding a smooth, effortless swing that will work for me, and grooving that swing. My major weakness is listening to the thoughts that invade my skull rather than keeping on keeping on.

Business Impact
---------------------------
Critical to my golf game.

Hope y'all enjoy the progress.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It looks like a sound plan to me, good luck and I am sure you will do a good job in representing the Carolinas

Many thanks! When we next play, I aim to impress. :)
It looks like a sound plan to me, good luck and I am sure you will do a good job in representing the Carolinas

Looks like a solid plan buddy! Good luck with your progress!

Looking forward to following along. Good luck!

Gold luck on your journey, should be fun.

Thanks Ron!! Will be putting in the time.
Good luck Sudseh I will be following this one close.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nice plan Sudseh! Even though you are for the competition
Good luck on your quest!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good luck and I have no doubt you will put the work in.

Solid plan my friend,keep to your goals and you will achieve what you are looking for. Putting in the hard work and dedication is key. Looking forward to hearing more on your journey

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This is going to be a great thread, good luck sudseh!

I look forward to following along with your journey suds!

I look forward to following along as well, when you get back to this side of the world let me know.

#calloutheadingyourway

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Stage 0 of this is to get back to where I was with physical endurance/strength prior to the holidays.

This means yoga, jump rope, and push-ups in the morning, then a light metabolic booster before bed.

For yoga, a 15 day challenge to start, then a longer term plan. For jump rope, I'll start at 2 minutes straight tomorrow (being the 2nd), and increment by a minute each day. Push-ups will be 3x30 every morning.

At night, I will be doing the 30 day glute strengthening challenge. The goal of this challenge is to be able to fire my hips and glutes with more strength.

After I get back to at least 15 minutes of jumping rope without stopping, I will again start the 10x3 for fat loss workout plan from t-nation.

On the nutrition side, I have been a bit lax as well. I will be "dieting" by doing a modified intermittent fasting schedule with food from noon until 10pm and a coffee every morning and protein shake or omelette an hour before working out. My calorie target and intake is set/tracked by MyFitnessPal.
I keep a mainly vegetarian diet, and for this reason will supplement daily with 2g of fish oil, 5kIU of D, and 2g of creatine.

Please don't hesitate to critique.

Cheers!

2g of creatine isn't enough to ever achieve saturation, so it's likely a waste of money and effort, to be honest. The minimum for maintenance should be 2g plus .4 grams per pound of lean muscle mass. That's assuming that you've already done a loading phase. There's no risk in taking too much, whatever the body can't process passes harmlessly through the urine.

I had calculated that based on the amount of meat I would be eating per day if I ate meat. I know we had discussed 5g before. Would that be a better goal?
2g of creatine isn't enough to ever achieve saturation, so it's likely a waste of money and effort, to be honest.

I had calculated that based on the amount of meat I would be eating per day. I know we had discussed 5g before. Would that be a better goal?

I just updated my original post. 2g + .4 grams for each pound of lean muscle mass. For me, that's about 20g a day on workout days and I take 10g on rest days. Creatine is only useful if you can get your levels above baseline and maintain them there. There was a study done where a bodybuilder went through the 20-30 gram loading phase and then 2 gram maintenance phase that used to be recommended and within 2 weeks, he was back at his baseline. The 2g did absolutely nothing to keep his levels higher.

Edit: You have to remember that Creatine Monohydrate that we take is only about 80% Creatine as well, so although I'm taking 20 grams of Monohydrate, I'm actually only processing 16 grams.

Thanks for the added information. I'll definitely need to get my body comp redone. Around 6 months ago I was 26% body fat.

How do you ingest the creatine? I've always just had it in shakes.

I just updated my original post. 2g + .4 grams for each pound of lean muscle mass. For me, that's about 20g a day on workout days and I take 10g on rest days. Creatine is only useful if you can get your levels above baseline and maintain them there. There was a study done where a bodybuilder went through the 20-30 gram loading phase and then 2 gram maintenance phase that used to be recommended and within 2 weeks, he was back at his baseline. The 2g did absolutely nothing to keep his levels higher.

Edit: You have to remember that Creatine Monohydrate that we take is only about 80% Creatine as well, so although I'm taking 20 grams of Monohydrate, I'm actually only processing 16 grams.

Good luck Sudseh. Sounds like you have a solid plan laid out.

Do you have a link to your 15 day yoga challenge? I am looking for some sort of yoga stretching plan for the winter.

Back