Titleist Ball Fitting: The Best

pingman33

Reaction score
Handicap
This past Saturday my home course had the Titleist Ball Fitting van there.
This ended up being one of the best Golf experiences I have ever attended. There were 3 actual Rep's from Titleist there with the Titleist van. I have been to some many demo days where the reps weren't full time employee's of the company and I have never really felt that I got a good fitting because the Demo days always seem very rushed or I really didn't feel that they knew anything more than I already knew. Ok,,,back to point.
My rep Alan was very professional and he really new the product. He starts off by asking what ball you currently play and he asks a few questions about your game. The fitting starts off by hitting 3 shots approx 50-70 yards. The next 3 shots with a mid iron (7 iron) and the last 3 shots with a driver. After each session he goes over the trackman numbers and explains what the numbers are telling him. Very informative....It was really great to hit actual Pro V's on the Trackman off of a grass range. This was really beneficial for me because I have been looking and hitting the new G400 at the driving range on dud range balls. The launch monitor there had indicated that my spin rate compared to my launch angle was really high and they were recommending the LST with a low launching shaft. The numbers with the Pro V1 balls on the trackman were perfect for spin rate and launch angle.
If the Titleist Ball Fitting van makes it near your I highly recommend you take the time to go...Great Experience.....
The free ProV's aren't bad either!!!!!!!

Joe

This would be fun. Glad you enjoyed it.

So were you actually fitted for a ball or a new club? Hard to make out considering you say it was a ball fitting yet you say you have been looking at the G400 and were hitting that and getting better numbers with the Pro V1 than at the driving range with their balls?

What ball are you currently playing?

What differences did you see between your current ball and the Titleist balls? Or was it just the ProV1 you were hitting?

Are you changing from your current ball to a Titleist ball based on this fitting?

It was a ball fitting...Yes..I currently play the ProV and the ball fitting confirmed that the ProV was the best ball for me.
The reason I brought the G400 into the conversation was that hitting range balls with the G400 indicated that I had a very high spin rate based on my launch. Hitting actual ProV in lieu of the range balls showed a big difference in my spin numbers. Sorry for the confusion.
Joe

Back