Though we have never met, I always enjoyed reading your reviews and regarded your opinions very highly. You were always quick to respond with questions about equipment and such. For that I Thank you. Good luck on your new chapter!

Geez hawk, I always looked forward to your thoughts. We need to tee it up soon!

Hawk, thank you for being you. Always a wealth of knowledge, and you never stopped keeping it real. Getting to hang out with you in KC was a ton of fun, and you've actually inspired me to look at the game differently to bring back some of the fun. I really hope we get to tee it up together again, or at least share some drinks. You're a good dude, and enjoy your THP retirement.

Love ya Hawkster.

My friend, my mentor, my family.

I'm more happy for you than I have the words for. Truly.

Hawk is someone I am proud to call a friend. We have played a ton of golf, he was my captain for the effing #Grandaddy and he is someone I enjoy interacting with both on and off the forum. He has been an incredible asset to THP and he will be missed as an equipment reviewer, but I know it is for the best for him and his family.

I am extremely excited to follow you into your new endeavors and THP is going to be with you every step of the way buddy.

Ryan, I've missed seeing this summer and we chatted about that. I know what it's like to be pulled and not having enough time. Spending time with son the way you spent it with us will forever be appreciated by him. Thanks for being a friend and sharing your thoughts on so many topics. Talk at you soon.

Congrats and good luck with your future endeavors!

Im a Ryan Hawk fan. Thank you dude for the countless hours you have put in to this place over teh last few years to help make it what it is today

Hawk, thank you for all of your efforts and hardwork over the years. Enjoy the time with the family and good luck with the coaching!

Hawk, thank you for your time and effort over the years to make THP what it for all of us. You reached out to me over 2 years ago to attend an event that opened up a world of opportunity for me. For that, a sincere heart felt thank you isn't even close to enough. Here's to a happy retirement for a friend!

Was nice to meet and get to talk to you in Palm Beach last year buddy. I hope to see you around and I hope everything works out for you!

Ryan

Thanks for all you have done for THP! It has been much appreciated. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future. Also, good for you for being a great dad and wanting to spend more time with your son and coaching.

a loss for thp, no doubt. hawk, i considered you to be the editor with whom i related the most. obviously canadan and jman kill it with their reviews, but, although i've never had the enviable privilege to tee it up with you, for whatever reason i felt like our games were similar, so your reviews were those that i appreciated and gave the most consideration. your decision, while i imagine was very difficult, was obviously the right one for you at this time. as a newer member, i cannot contrast what thp was with what it is now, but i can say that what it is now is the best damn golf-related website and community i've ever seen, and the fact that you helped make it what it is today warrants a massive THANK YOU!

i may be way off, but i wonder if ddec's recent addition as a writer is related to this. if that's the case, then those are some mighty big shoes to fill. you have set the bar so high, but also left a legacy and a roadmap for how to do this job the best way.

enjoy this next chapter!

It is amazing to me the amount of time you (and all the staff) have been able to put into the important work that you have done over the past several years. It is hard to remember what things looked like five years ago because everything is bigger, better, and constantly improving...and alongside JB and GG, Ryan, you have more to be proud of than just about anyone. Given the links we have I always view your accomplishments with extra pride, and my THP and non-THP lives are far better for knowing you.

I hope the best for you and the family as you free up more time for them and your other pursuits. Love you brother!!

Ryan you are a class dude and honest as they come. I always valued your thoughts on anything to do with golf equipment as you told it like it was. Like it or not, your honest opinion was always on the table. I remember back when you, P4B, KellyBo and myself were riding to PGA National from the airport and I told you I was the mayor of Gray, Ga. You had that :wtf: look on your face. Then we teed it up that afternoon for our first round of golf together and had a blast. We go a ways back and I have enjoyed you as a friend and later an equipment reviewer for several years now. Enjoy your time with your family as life flies by. I'll miss your reviews and personal advice. You're a hard worker and will go far in life and as a supporter for your family. Go get em coach!

Damn it Ryan. Your reviews and such will be missed. I know you'll still be around and will inevitably share your feedback on things, but your daily interactions on a steady level will be missed.

Those kids have it lucky, they have an awesome dad who is gonna spoil the heck out of them.

Congratulations on starting a new chapter in your life. I will miss your reviews, they were some of the most honest reviews I have read, but wish you well in the future!

Now I have a sad.

Not because Hawk is retiring. But, because I'm left with Real Life Hawk instead of Internet Hawk.

(Well done, my friend.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk thank you for all you have done for this community and for helping make THP what it is today. Your reviews will be missed, but like you said this place will go on and I know JB and staff will find the right replacement.

wish you the best of luck in everything you do.

Wow didn't see this one coming .Ryan is such a stable fixture here at THP,it will definitely be different without his insight into our game and its equipment. But Im sure he has passed along his advice to his peers and This place will rock on. It has been a pleasure reading your reviews and thoughts on equipment over the years ive been here at THP, but we all have to do what is best for our families and put the some of the joys of life on hold sometimes. Continued good luck Ryan your time at THP was very much appreciated.

Congrats, Hawk, and thanks for your work. Have always enjoyed your writeups and contributions to the Forum.

Thanks, Hawk! You'll always be my "Captain" and I've been blessed to have met you and gotten to know you just a little bit. Have a blast with the kids and family as true fulfillment in life comes from the memories created with them that live beyond our years. God bless, my friend.

As someone who has really enjoyed most if not all of your reviews, thanks for all the time and effort you put into this wonderful little corner of the internet.

Will miss your expanded thoughts and insights, but totally understand the pull that life puts on or "fun". Good luck to you in everything you do, and hope to see you again (maybe at a future THP event).

Talk about a gut punch you don't see coming.

First off congrats on the next chapter of your young life. I get it's never an easy decision to close a chapter in your life you've held so dearly, but the circumstances are understandable and admired.

I'll miss your equipment knowledge and unique outlook on life, but knowing you'll still lurk from time to time helps ease the pain.

Good luck and you'll be missed dude.

Back