Traveling with clubs

Ogio soft case w/stiff arm, no to insurance. new driver now so i'll be removing the head.

Another thing to think about regarding soft vs hard cases is weight. I think the soft cases weigh a bit less than the hard which will give you more wiggle room to put other things inside the case before you reach that 50 pound limit. With ship sticks it's 39 pounds I believe.
Yeah, when I was in Long Beach and playing Skylinks, one of the guys I was playing with told me he usually just packed his clubs in his case (no bag) and packed his clothes into it as well. He said he's never had a course not comp him a bag. I don't want to run that risk in Chicago for the W/S event (ha ha ha) but I did plan on packing everything for that event into that one bag.

No to insurance

I have an Ogio Mammoth travel bag and it does the job. Cover irons with hc's & remove heads.

I've got an SKB hardcase. It makes me comfortable knowing that everything is protected and there should be no issues whatsoever. Granted, I know being able to remove the heads on woods has made things easier with soft cases... but I'll stick with the hard case myself and not worry about travel insurance.

Another "no additional insurance, with a soft case and stiff arm."

What I like about soft case is it can be folded up smaller and get out of the way. Its not uncommon for me and my buds to fly into a place in the a.m. and head to course before we check in. So being able to store that bag easily is a plus. Also we will some times rent a cabin/room with limited space and once again its nice to be able to get the travel bags out of the way.

Finally ever ounce counts at the airport ...

I have yet to sign a waiver for a soft case on southwest. I haven't flown anything else since 2012, and didn't sign a waiver on the soft case then either.

Unless it is in the general rules that you agree to. But I am not worried about it.

Just looked at Southwest and it says:

"Golf bag in hard-sided golf bag carrying case provided by Passenger, including clubs, balls, and shoes. Hooded golf bags or golf bags in a soft-sided carrying case provided by the Passenger will be subject to limited release.
Note: Overweight charges will apply to golf bags exceeding 50 pounds."

So whatever limited release means. Probably means it's not covered!

I have traveled more times than I can remember with a soft case and ZERO issues. I think a hard case is completely unnecessary. Pack your bag correctly and you shouldn't ever have to worry about damage.

I travel with my clubs all the time. Sun Mountain Club Glider and a Stiff Arm and I'm good to go. Have had no damage to the clubs in numerous trips.

No insurance.

I have both hard and a soft case. I mostly use the SKB hard case now.

If you happen to have renters insurance, it covers the remainder of what the airlines won't cover with lost/damaged bags, including golf clubs. Also check with your credit card if you booked your travel with that, they cover these things sometimes too.
I have a hard case that I ship my clubs in via FedEx, and a soft case with the stiff arm for regular travel.

If you happen to have renters insurance, it covers the remainder of what the airlines won't cover with lost/damaged bags, including golf clubs. Also check with your credit card if you booked your travel with that, they cover these things sometimes too.
I have a hard case that I ship my clubs in via FedEx, and a soft case with the stiff arm for regular travel.

Problem with Renter's insurance (it's actually personal property coverage) is that you still will have to pay your deductible, which with us is $500 if you only get personal property coverage. Better to schedule your personal property and do it with no deductible. Should be in the neighborhood of $10 per year for every $1,000 coverage. You will itemize your golf equipment but then it will be covered.

Sun Mountain Clubglider is the bomb, I have a Journey I think (got it for $100 or so) and I have a club glove stiff arm that I throw in there. No additional insurance, and have yet (knock on wood) to need anything more than I have.

I ship my clubs in a clubglove. I use shipsticks.com and insure my clubs for what they're worth. I should probably get one of those stiff arms.

Soft bag with a long broom handle stuck in with my clubs.

I use a soft case with a stiff arm. Has worked well for me so far. Never thought about insurance even.

1. Yes, clubs insured by airline/credit card

2. PING soft side case with driver and 3W heads removed + Strong arm...never had an issue for over 6 years of traveling with my clubs.

No insurance.
Soft bag with BagBoy stiff arm. Remove driver head. Wrap clubs in towels.
No issues, ever.

I'm bumping this as I am starting to look into this for #TheGauntlet. I have never traveled with clubs before and the consensus here seems to be that a soft case with a stiff arm is the most popular. I was hoping to receive some recommendations on a soft case. I don't travel often and would prefer something under $100. Any other recommendations for traveling with clubs would be much appreciated.

I'm bumping this as I am starting to look into this for #TheGauntlet. I have never traveled with clubs before and the consensus here seems to be that a soft case with a stiff arm is the most popular. I was hoping to receive some recommendations on a soft case. I don't travel often and would prefer something under $100. Any other recommendations for traveling with clubs would be much appreciated.
I have a soft bag and it works great for me. I detach the heads and wrap the irons/bag top in towels. Got it on ebay for 80 bucks or so. Ill check the make and get back to you

Soft case with a bag boy backbone.

We still have a bit of time brfore #TheGauntlet.
If you still need a soft case let me know. I have an extra one you can have.

Do invest in the bag boy backbone.

Soft case with a bag boy backbone.

We still have a bit of time brfore #TheGauntlet.
If you still need a soft case let me know. I have an extra one you can have.

Do invest in the bag boy backbone.

Thank you that's very generous of you and very much appreciated!

I use the sun mountain gilder and it's awesome. I remove the heads on my driver and wood where possible. I use towels around my irons and a stiff arm for added protection but with removing the heads of clubs not as necessary

I use the sun mountain gilder and it's awesome. I remove the heads on my driver and wood where possible. I use towels around my irons and a stiff arm for added protection but with removing the heads of clubs not as necessary

As someone that travels for a living it seems, now that heads are removable, the stiff arm is just not necessary from my viewpoint.

I don't use my stiff arm when I travel, just not needed

No insurance for me and I use a soft case with a stiff arm and a heavy towel wrapped around all the clubheads never had a problem so far.

Back