GoPro Hero 6 and Fusion

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting announcements from GoPro today and these are major steps for the brand.

That Fusion looks awesome.

• Admin
That Fusion looks awesome.

If the stabilization of the 6 works as well as it is shown in demos, its an absolute KILLER piece of gear.

Stabilization is amazing. Also really like the touch zoom and hands free experience, might need to upgrade the Hero 4

360 aaaand 5.2k resolution? That's bonkers! I feel like I need to go pickup Cliff Diving or something extreme to buy one. haha

Damn The Fusion video was intense, this is some bad@$$ upgrades

• Admin
360 aaaand 5.2k resolution? That's bonkers! I feel like I need to go pickup Cliff Diving or something extreme to buy one. haha

When doing 360, you need far more resolution than most think. The image size is drastically larger. 5.2k is actually not that crazy. Most we have spoken with really think it has to go to 8k before its really adopted because on larger screens the 4k 360 cameras don't look as good as they should.

When doing 360, you need far more resolution than most think. The image size is drastically larger. 5.2k is actually not that crazy. Most we have spoken with really think it has to go to 8k before its really adopted because on larger screens the 4k 360 cameras don't look as good as they should.

You are right. I guess going to 5.2k isn't that big of a bump up. I think to a human eye; probably won't even notice too much with this upgrade. 8k could be a game changer. Hopefully sooner than later.

• Admin
You are right. I guess going to 5.2k isn't that big of a bump up. I think to a human eye; probably won't even notice too much with this upgrade. 8k could be a game changer. Hopefully sooner than later.

Yeah, our 360 camera is 4K, but technically shoots 270 degrees, so therefore it works out to be roughly the same as 5.2k.

Stabilization is awesome if it works as advertised. I need a new GoPro anyway.

Is this just a niche market? My iPhone 8+ is more than I think I will ever need...and of course, I am not doing any extreme sports at the moment.

The commercials show family and friends hanging out with it...does anyone want to carry an extra gadget, when phones have come so far with their ability to take video and stills?

Is this just a niche market? My iPhone 8+ is more than I think I will ever need...and of course, I am not doing any extreme sports at the moment.

The commercials show family and friends hanging out with it...does anyone want to carry an extra gadget, when phones have come so far with their ability to take video and stills?

Small action cameras are a pretty big market.
The capabilities of these two (and others) exceed what is capable on an iPhone, then add any sort of shock.
That being said, phones nowadays (flagship models) are getting better and better.

Honestly didn't realize GoPro was still a big deal.

Back