All I got was this lousy shirt....

Go4it

No layin' up!
Reaction score
Handicap
My buddies and I had a conversation recently over a few cigars and some brews.

Will you wear a shirt from a course that you have not played or an event you did not attend?

For example, your buddy goes overseas and brings you back a shirt from Old Head?

Or your uncle goes to the Masters and brings you a shirt?

I won't wear it...

In my mind I assume that if you are wearing the shirt, you played the course (attended the event.)

Many small talk/ice breaker conversations begin with "hey, you played Old Head, what did you think?"

I don't want to have to say "my buddy played it, and all I got was this lousy shirt."

:)

Sure, why not?

I didn't play for any of the professional sports teams I follow, and I have worn apparel that has their logo on it.

I'm with you, I won't wear it either.

Sure, why not?

I didn't play for any of the professional sports teams I follow, and I have worn apparel that has their logo on it.

Yeah, but are you in danger of having someone ask if you play(ed) for that team?

Why not? it's just a shirt.
My friend volunteered at Ryder Cup Medinah in 2012 and got me a shirt from there with the RC Patch. I still wear it.

Sure, I will wear it. I have a couple of shirts from courses I have not played and I wear them.

Yeah, but are you in danger of having someone ask if you play(ed) for that team?

strangely enough I have been asked if I played for the Seahawks... but it was by a rather elderly gentleman and it was back when they were terrible and I was about 25 lbs lighter.

either way it wouldn't bother me, I would say no a friend did and brought this back for me. I am hoping to play it one day. Admitting that you have acquaintances that think enough of you to buy you gear when they visit places is not a negative in my book.

strangely enough I have been asked if I played for the Seahawks... but it was by a rather elderly gentleman and it was back when they were terrible and I was about 25 lbs lighter.

either way it wouldn't bother me, I would say no a friend did and brought this back for me. I am hoping to play it one day. Admitting that you have acquaintances that think enough of you to buy you gear when they visit places is not a negative in my book.

I still want you to autograph my Seahawks jersey

Maybe, in some way...(not necessarily right or wrong) I have this feeling that you have to EARN the shirt..by playing the course...

Maybe its just me and KEE who have this issue. :)

I still want you to autograph my Seahawks jersey

You know I will.

Mag Lite will look great on the jersey (this is also the name I will use if I ever get into the adult industry in case anyone was curious).

If someone were to get me a nice shirt from a course, I'd absolutely wear it. Why not? It's a gift. I for one hate small talk, but to me its a simple "No I haven't had the chance, but my dad went on a trip to Whistling Straits last year and picked this up for me."

You know I will.

Mag Lite will look great on the jersey (this is also the name I will use if I ever get into the adult industry in case anyone was curious).

-TMI-.

If someone were to get me a nice shirt from a course, I'd absolutely wear it. Why not? It's a gift. I for one hate small talk, but to me its a simple "No I haven't had the chance, but my dad went on a trip to Whistling Straits last year and picked this up for me."

Tell me a little bit more about how you hate small talk. :alien:

Tell me a little bit more about how you hate small talk. :alien:

hate it. Elevator rides in to and out of work are brutal.

I would wear the shirt as long as it fits and looks good!

Are people really that particular about the Golf Shirts they wear?

Hell yeah I'd wear it. Who cares what anyone thinks. It's a Golf Shirt.

I'd wear it.

It's just a shirt. If it's nice I'll wear it

Would wear it absolutely! As a matter of fact I found out recently that my Mother-in-law is making me a quilt made entirely out of golf shirts. Equipment logos, course logos etc. there are places like Pinehurst, pebble beach and others I have not played, but I don't give a rip. This thing is gonna be cool as all get out! My daughter spilled the beans by mistake :D and it's a Christmas present. I know I'll cherish it for the rest of my life.

JM

No on the Masters shirt. If my uncle gave me one from anywhere else and he would be upset if I didn't wear it I would use it when he and I played 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure I would wear it. A cool shirt is a cool shirt.

I have no problem wearing it. Now I will not wear any of the shirts I got from marathons or any other races until I finish them. In that case I feel I don't deserve to wear the shirt till I finish the race.

Sure, I'll wear any free shirt! I could care less what anyone else thinks. If they ask, just say family or a friend bought it for you.

I can send anyone my address that has new free shirts they don't want. Size M.

:bye:

I'd wear it, I think that it's nice someone would bring you something back. I have shirts from a few majors/courses that friends have got me and wear them with no issue.

Back