luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Golf is a funny sport. It can be fun and it can also be frustrating. I have a hard time figuring out how someone like myself who normally scores around 87 can have a day where I score a 98 and then have a day where I end up with a 78. That's 20 strokes difference between high days and low days. Some days my driving is clicking but my putting stinks. Then another day, my driving stinks but my putting is spot on. Then there's those days when nothing seems to be working. Funny game this golf.

I had a week earlier in the year where my league scores were 43 33 43 (the middle score is at an easier course, but still...)

I know how you feel. I can shoot right around par or close to bogey golf and anything in between.

It's a rotten, evil game.

That for some dumb reason, I can't stop playing.

Good round for me is low 80's. When I struggle off the tee box I'm fighting to break 100. She can be a heartless B.

There in lies the beauty of the game - moments of euphoric joy interspersed among a constant din of agony and frustration.

I think this is the most frustrating thing, to have no clue why your game/swing suddenly goes off the rails.

I was hitting my driver, 3W and Hybrid pretty well for a stretch of rounds and went to the range the other day and they were gone, low hooks, tops...ugly.

What suddenly clicks in a negative or positive way and why. I need to know.

There in lies the beauty of the game - moments of euphoric joy interspersed among a constant din of agony and frustration.

And those moments are what keeps everybody coming back.

Yesterday for me was a perfect example of this. On my 10th hole of the day, I hit 2 tee balls OB and made a quad. 2 holes later, hit my tee shot in the fairway, then my approach shot went in the hole for an eagle.

I'm like a lot of golfers: my highs are pretty good. I just need my lows to be not as bad as they are right now.

yep, my irons have been clicking for me lately and driver has been abysmal. change in ball position has driver the best it's been all year, but irons were pretty bad yesterday and wedges were terrible. putting it all together is really fun, and very infrequent. good short game can mask some of those issues, though.

the other day I went fade (when playing for a draw), shank straight sideways, miracle on and long putt par, followed 2 holes later by tee shot shank, pull hook shank, then the approach got me close enough to 2 putt. With 3 shanks over the first 3 holes, I ended up shooting bogey for the day...

went to the driving range last night and probably the first 30 wedge shots I tried were all Tin Cup-esque shanks bad enough a guy started to go in the bay next to me, saw that, and went to a different bay. But after I got it worked out (knock on wood), my driver was longer and straighter than ever so...

because no matter how good we can be at it, we are not capable of repeating our good golf swing all the time.

I normally shoot somewhere between 69 and 103

I have had a high of 103 and low of 79.

High: 94
Low: 72

When I'm on I can hold my own, when I'm off look the eff out.

My low is 78 and hugest was 94. Looking for regulate this ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very interesting topic. It is incredible how big of a difference my best rounds are versus some of my bad rounds.

In the last month:
Shot my PB 75 (par 71)
Worst round is a 95 (not including the 107 I shot the day after some swing changes from my first lesson, that was a tough day).

Overall, it is the little improvements over time that keep me going. I have some good days, and some very bad days, but try to improve every round and keep things positive.

It's something we all struggle with. Last week I had a 77 and an 80, the last two days it was a 70 followed by a 69 yesterday. It's a silly game.

Occasionally the pros put up an 80 plus. Most days they're high to mid 60's. It's all relative. The problem is Ifor your swing is off by an inch the result is several feet or yards off. It doesn't take much for disaster on the course.

Golf is definitely an interesting game. I go through the same thing. All it takes is for one little thing to be off to throw up a big number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back