Never take the golf swing for granted

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Yesterday after 7 holes I was 6 over and hitting the ball sideways as well as all over the face of whatever wood/irons was in hand. What the Hey?????? On the 8th tee, a par 4, I realized my left arm was breaking down during the take away to the top of the back swing. All I thought about then was keeping the left arm straight during the take away. Whack, yep that was it. Golf looks so simple.......looks simple, but it's very complicated. You've got to think each and every time you tee it up on the 1st hole, can't just swing and darn sure can't take your swing for granted. Shot 2 under for the last 11 holes. It's a great feeling to hit it sideways and not get mad, just get even, think about what's happening, fix it and just get it back during the round and walk off 18 knowing you figured it out.

As I always say Mach2, if it was easy no one would get paid to play the game.

Golf for me has always been day to day. I never go nuts over a good round, or a bad one. Even the world class pro's have off weeks and days. Win one week, miss the cut the next. That's golf.

I have gotten better at diagnosing a miss but I will still get stuck in it sometimes. Lately the hooks and quackers are creeping back into my long clubs. I've beat it before but it's always a struggle.

We all struggle with consistency, just ask any of the former world number 1's how easy it is to stay at your best.

When it's all clicking it can seem so easy but you're right, one little thing can go off and it can get messy quick. For me, there are a couple of things that I have to guard against and when things don't look good, I try to quickly check on those.

Back