PJSprog

Hack Musician / Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Tacos
Well, I guess I finally have my bag mostly in order. Maybe one or two changes, but pretty happy with it at this point. So, here's what's in my bag:

Ping G30 Driver and 3W, factory TFC419 regular flex shafts, factory grips
Ping Woods.JPG

Ping G30 4-9 Irons, P, U, S, L Wedges, factory TFC419 regular flex shafts, factory grips
Ping Irons.JPG

Golfsmith Driving Iron, unknown graphite shaft, Trac Grip PosiTrac grip
Golfsmith Driving Iron.JPG

NGC Condor P4 Putter, Apollo steel shaft, Perfect Putter Tour grip
Condor Putter 2.JPG

Maxfli U/Series 4.0 Bag
Golf Bag 1.JPG

Titleist X-Outs Balls
Titleist X-Out Balls.JPG

Pretty happy with the way it sits, but will probably add a 5W, and may look at a new putter for next year.

Call me a "homer" I guess at this point, but I've always had a hodge-podge of stuff in my bag, and thought I'd try a (mostly) whole system for a change. We'll see how that works for awhile.

You gotta show us more pics of that driving iron - that's a unique club! Great setup, thanks for sharing!

It's a bit unusual, but I don't know about unique. Seems like there are always a couple of them available on eBay at any given time.

I'll take some more pics when I get home from work this evening, and offer a little background with it.

Here are the requested more pics of the Golfsmith Driving Iron.

Golfsmith Driving Iron full.JPG
Golfsmith Driving Iron face.JPG
Golfsmith Driving Iron back.JPG
Golfsmith Driving Iron grip end.JPG
Golfsmith Driving Iron grip.JPG

I had one of these for many years. When my old persimmon driver went south on me, a friend let me swing his driving iron on a tee shot, and I was sold on the idea. I found a Golfsmith Driving Iron and used it for several years. Unfortunately, I sold it with the rest of my clubs when I stopped playing in the mid-'00s. When I started again a few years ago, I didn't get another one, as the driver I had at the time was working well for me.

I found this one on eBay earlier this year. It was $5 ... and shipping was $8. I couldn't pass that up, even if it just became a novelty in my bag. I've hit it at the range a few times, but not during a round yet. It seems to carry about 180-190 for me. I'll probably get it reshafted and regripped during the winter.

The new G30 5W was delivered yesterday. Found it online at The Golf Warehouse for $149, which is about $25 less than everyone else wants for them. It even showed up a day earlier than promised.

Ping G30 5W 2.JPG
Ping G30 5W 3.JPG

Took the Golfsmith Driving Iron out of the bag. I'm not using it, and I have plenty of other options should my driver suddenly fail me (it's actually been behaving very well).

Still looking at getting a different putter, probably some variety of Anser. Kind of liking those.

Back