Favorite time of day to play

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
What is yours?

For some in the South it may be the morning to escape the heat versus some in the north who like to play after work where is dead calm(I've experienced it and its amazing)

What is yours?

For some in the South it may be the morning to escape the heat versus some in the north who like to play after work where is dead calm(I've experienced it and its amazing)

Either first thing in the morning, or early afternoon when the course is empty.

I enjoy the first tee time of the day more than any other, but I do play after work too.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

earlier the better

Here in AZ as long as it's not crazy hot I do prefer the afternoon. I almost always have the course to myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Either really early or late afternoon into evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dew sweeper

When it's daylight

I prefer early mornings but am happy to play any time of the day

I love the pace I can set if I'm the first group out.

I don't like to play in a heavy dew though. Double edged sword. I play better when I'm two holes away from anyone, but I SCORE better when the dew has dried up. It's hard to putt when half of the green is in the shade and wet and the other half is sunny and dry. I actually wrote a negative review on GN post round on a course for similar. It is the nicest area course and the toughest greens in probably any adjacent state. Half of the holes were being watered and half of them weren't. I was 20ft short or 20ft long all day depending. I'm talking someone was standing there with a hose watering half of them until we hit. Really crappy putting round, and it really wasn't my fault for once.

Two weeks ago I was the first group out. On hole 7 I hit into 8's FW (oops!). Didn't think anything of playing my next shot from the opposing FW's blind landing area since we were first out. My playing partner dropped me off. I usually leave my phone in the cart, but since I was way off the beaten path, I used it to verify my distance. Put it back in my front pocket and was lining up the shot. Smack! Took a ball directly in the iPhone. No physical pain, until I called to get I replaced. Ouch! Pain!

When the course is fairly empty, weekdays 10-12 or so as long as there is no senior women's league following each player to their ball talking away and bring the course to a halt with their 3 hour 9's.

To me there is nothing better than playing first thing in the morning, sunrise, cool. Just a beautiful time of the day. But I will play anytime of the day. We play mostly year round here, and in the winter time we usually start as soon as the temp is close to 40 degrees.

10 minutes before sunrise is my preferred tee time.

Any. I find i score better later in the day

Early to mid afternoon. I prefer to play during the warmest time of the day. That is also when the course is typically less crowded so I can walk 18 in about 2.5 hours.

During the summer, early in the morning to try to beat the heat. However, I’m not a huge fan of playing in the dew.

I love being the first person out in the morning, if I dont get the early tee time, give me late afternoon or evening.

I like teeing off around 10 in the morning.

I prefer late morning to early afternoon for a round with friends. By myself give me a twilight tee time with the course all mine every day of the week.

Early morning is my favorite. It gets me up early and gets me moving. Usually is the table setter for a fun filled day. Tons of time after for getting s*** done and doesn't take up the whole day.

0800 is my favorite time to tee off. I like having beer and lunch at the 19th hole around midday.

I used to reallt enjoy the 8am tee time.

This year though, I really liked the 3:30 pm time. Rip to the course after work, and easily get in 18 holes and be home in time for supper. Completely empty course, plenty of time to try things out and mess around.

Im a 7am guy, 8am when the time change happens. Gives me the chance to golf and then still have after noon time with the family or a nap :D

I love playing in the early morning but as a dog owner this is difficult. So I play early afternoon.....

Anytime mid morning(9ish) to around noon is good. Much earlier than that and it seems I don't get loose for 4 or 5 holes. I'm retired, so I really don't like to wait around to play in the afternoon much. :act-up:

Back