Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

And here it is, the final entry for the expansion. Just play THIS while reading along...

La-da-da-da-dahh
It's the mother effin’ Granddaddy (The Tres)
La-da-da-da-dahh
You know I'm golfin' with the G-B-B
(YEAH YEAH YEAH
You know who's back up in this Finley contest!)
What what what what?
(So tear the greens up then!)
Tear it up, tear it up!
(Just tear that stuff up man, yeah, 'sup JMan??)

Captain, hit 'em all, JMan tear the ball up
E-C-P-C my captain tear that ball up
T-H-P, 1,-2-3, yeah we showin' back up
And when we hit this Bertha club, golf ball you got to get up
Internet golfers, #Zoocrewers yeah they givin' it up
THP life, yo' life, boy we livin' it up
Takin' chances while we playin' in The Hideaway for sure
Show my bro a thirty-fo' and he called me the sho'
Haters lookin' at me strange but you know I don't care
Step up on this tee box just a-swangin' my hair
I’m about quit talkin', just walk if you down with the set
Make a bird’ with some flair and take some dough from this bet
Out of town, put it down for the forum online
And if you in the match, man yo’ be fine
Come back, get back, that's the part of success
If you believe in the best you'll be a screamin’ YES!

La-da-da-da-dahh
It's the mother effin' J-ayyy-B (JB, the owner!)
La-da-da-da-dahhh
You know I'm golfin' with the C-E-O
----
Straight off the fairways of The Hideaway
King of the bombs you hit to ‘em with your Bertha (Great Big)
or Mack Daddy 3 chippin' on in birds
How you feelin' up-and-down like whut?
JB and JMan spelled out in thread
with THP got our back, we got Internet cred (yeah)
Club in the bag, nailin' heavenwoods (what woods?)
On-ly, if I could!
We’ll travel out to the Westside (Carlsbad)
It's California Love, this California bug got me feelin’ kinda pump
I'm on in one, We win up in The Hideaway Club
without my jeans on, and my team strong
Get my drink on, and my talk on
Then go home with, something to look upon (#Grandaddy Belt)
Yo’ it's on for the version three-point-oh
Comin' real, it's the next episode...
----
Hold up, hey
for my opponents who be thinkin' we soft
We don't, play
We gonna' bomb it 'til the cover fall off
Hold up, hey
for my opponents who be actin' too bold
Take a, seat
Hope you ready for the next episode
HeyyyeyyyeEYEYyyyEYYYY....
....COME AND GET IT IN THE TRES!

That is pretty damn strong!! Well played, my friend!

Pluff with the mic drop

Final Entry:

Why JB? There is no one more deserving.

Why me? Well, You have to pick someone!

Day 4

Last entry for a really fun contest. I’m really enjoying reading all the entries for this one. So many good posts. I can’t wait to see the result, and what I’m predicting will be an addition of JB and one lucky THPer. All the overwhelming support for JB to join the team should make him a lock. Why me? It would be the best golf related thing that has ever (and may ever) happen to me. I’m ready for it, and would embrace it with open arms.

Day 4:

Events are a little better when JB is jn the field, it's easier to hit good shots and stay in the moment when he's your partner and he's giving you green light chances off the tee or into greens.

I tend to play pretty well when we play together. I'm pretty confident I could do some damage at The Hideaway if paired up with him. Or, have a hell of a good time with a great friend.

Day 4: I have only met JB at one event which was the Gauntlet in 2014. He was amazingly nice and offered words of encouragement for my first THP event. It made me feel very comfortable and helped me perform well that weekend. For me, JB was a calming influence and that is why he should get a spot in the Grandaddy because I know he will do the same for the other THP'ers in the event.

As for me, I just want to hang out with the Zoocrew again. Plus the full fitted bag wouldn't be too bad either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hard to compete with some of these entries...all are worthy.

Anyway, Day 4 entry:

JB is most deserving because he's like the player/manager. He manages the events and at times you know he would like to be a player.

Why should I be picked? Because I'm the player that would love to help manage an event!

Day 4 Entry:

There's really nothing left to be said about JB at this point in this contest. The guy is the man. He makes the impossible happen for a community that is unlike any other. All the events, the equipment, the reviews, all the way down to fantasy football and fantasy golf and so much more. He's created the ultimate online golf community. I've met sooooooo many good and close friends because of THP. It truly is a family. And if that doesn't guarantee him a spot in the GRANDADDY then I don't know what does!

For myself, this event is honesty a dream come true. For someone who's dream job is being on tour, this is pretty damn close. The treatment we receive and the hospitality from callaway is just unreal. The opportunity to bring home the belt for myself and my community, would be the pinnacle of my golfing career. Hands down. So let's get this done Team Redemption and bring this back to THP!!!

JB should be in the Grandaddy because without him, it just wouldn't be complete. No one works harder than he does and no one deserves it more.
Just make this happen.

Along with he being in the Grandaddy, I would love to be part of the most epic amateur golf event on the planet. I have given up on the dream I had at one time of making the Senior tour, but the Grandaddy is as close to that dream as I will ever come. Make my dream come true and select me for Team Redemption !

day 4
I can't think of anyone more deserving than JB.
I would love to be in as it would be my first THP event.

It's the final day to say let JB into The Grandaddy! It's a great idea!
Why should I get to join him?
My first club fitting....a Callaway Tour fitting!
My first THP Grand Event...The Grandaddy of em all!
I will throw my clubs on a plane and travel to Captain Jman, and as many of my teammates as I can for an epic preparation tour befitting The Grandaddy!!
Make it happen Finley!

Be Like Rory

Be Like Rory

This could be JB

This could be me or anyone else willing to try and be the best they can be.

Of course this should happen. JB should be in because if anyone should get a shot at redemption, and have a second go in #TheGrandaddy, it should be him. And I need to be in because...

Day 4
JB should be in it is not a question. He gives so much back to THP that he needs to be able bring home the belt.

The Milk Man should be in because I have been working hard on his game. Instead of trying to come up with some clever to say or rhyme to make. I decided to concentrate of what I do best golfing my ball. That way if I get the chance to play for Team Redemption my game will be on point.

12 v 12 is 2 more members of the ZooCrew, JB and 1 more THPer. It rounds out the day and it makes a lot of sense.

JB needs to be there, because lets face it Finley, you want him there as much or more than any member in this community.

I'd love to be there as much as anybody else here. It is the Grandaddy of Them All for a reason. The course, gear, people and memories are numerous; it'll make memories to last a life time and several discussions for the years following.

There has been a lot said in this thread, and much of it good. I'd like to share a quote from Whitman by way of the movie Dead Poets Society:
"To quote from Whitman, 'O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?' Answer. That you are here — that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"

We are all standing upon JB's verse. He gave us this place and continues to foster an environment where friendships are made, golf is played, equipment is won and once in a lifetime experiences exist.

What is my verse you ask? Well, someone has to be the MVP of #The Grandaddy and make sure that the belt and glory return to THP. With support of a strong captain, and playing as a team, there is no doubt in my mind that victory will be ours! Now I just have to be lucky enough to see my name called out!

Is this a cover to the Will Smith version or the Bill Withers version?

Bill Withers of course!

Hope to join you at the Grandaddy! Congrats on the MVP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now the waiting game starts! There were some seriously fantastic entries this contest and I would hate to be part of the selection process! Good luck to JB and everyone that entered! 78 days until #Redemption!

And now the waiting game starts! There were some seriously fantastic entries this contest and I would hate to be part of the selection process! Good luck to JB and everyone that entered! 78 days until #Redemption!

You got that right. Tons of great entries, one fantastic cover photo and hundreds of #TeamRedemption hopefuls!

Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to one and all.

Here in Worcestershire the sun is out, busy at work so all is good in the world.

Golf tomorrow!!!!

Adding JB and another thper to my merry band of misfits? Lord I hope so!

Good luck everyone! Someone's going life just might (will) change forever!!!!

Man, getting a possible bonus chance, plus JB playing has somehow taken this whole thing to another level. Gonna be a long wait to hear the next additions! Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed!!!

So JB has announced he's in! Who's joining him???? So pumped to find out

I'm betting its going to be another awesome Monday on THP!

"Hopefully me!!!" - every THPer who entered.

Back